Reviews for Canon in G
Emilise284 chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
I love your story and prose so far, and haven't seen any grammar errors, but I do have 1 complaint: On all of your chapters, you've forgotten to close your italics. That's it. Love the story!
Galvantula866 chapter 3 . 2/5/2013
It's weird seeing Ayu as a man, but your writing is still top notch. You understand the inner workings of Kanon and how this version will play out is something I'm looking forward to seeing unfold when the time is right.

Yuuko's dreams are telling her something important and I have to commend you on not rushing though them, as the dreams are a big part of Kanon lore. They may seem warmer than the town at first, but in due time she'll learn that they end up being quite cold indeed.

Nice decision having Yuuko take the fall as well as Yuki. Nothing like a good fall to get to know people better and Mahiro's arc promises to be a fun ride. How will the demons act in here? That's a question I'm awaiting the answer to and I know you'll do that answer right.
Galvantula866 chapter 2 . 1/22/2013
Gender Swaps are harder than they first because not only are you trying to keep the swappers in character, you're also trying to make them their own characters as well. I believe you have succeeded in that regard.

First off the opening monolog has both elements of Ayu and how a teenaged man would talk like. Could Ayumu be wanting revenge on something or perhaps someone? I'm looking forward to finding out the answer to that question.

Yuuko dreaming about said monolog may be your way of hinting at the underlying supernatural parts of this town and by extension the overall story. She acts a lot like Yuuichi and that strength of character will serve her well as she uncovers more about her time here.

I found it a nice addition that Akio grows his own food. Since he shares his love of cooking with his female counterpart it makes sense that he always tries to keep food on hand.

The male Makoto is just adorable! Trying to keep his hat and talking to Iori highlighted that while he may look like a teen, he acts much like a child. Looking forward to seeing how Yuuko handles these two later in the story.

Junri may be my favorite character out of all the GS characters. Jun looks a bit like a girl and sorta acts like one too so perhaps his gender swapped version could be the most lively out of all of them and really how can you not love a blonde girl with twin pig tails?

In closing I want to say I'm impressed with your work so far and I wish you good health.
Galvantula866 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I love this series and when I saw that there was now a gender switched version I jumped at the chance to read this! You mentioned the "variation/parallel world" from CLANNAD and I'm curious as to how that will play into this story.

I have to say having the female Yuuichi meet with the male Ayu instead of the male Nayuki was a smart move. Too many retellings go for doing pretty much everything as it was done before so I gotta tip my hat to you for shaking things up here.

If I'm guessing this right, then the male versions of Mai, Sayuri and Makoto know each other. That's a plot point that I'll keep my eye on, as those three are more than they first seem.

Of course reading this proves to me that you know the characters and I can see the Kanon characters acting out this story. Your understanding of characterization is commendable and Yuuko remarking that she's going to freeze to death in Kanon's trademark female school uniform made me smile. I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole thing plays out!