Reviews for My Kaleidoscope Heart
spearinhand chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
absolutely beautiful.
irmaida chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Whoa.
First off, I don't know a *thing* about domestic violence so this was a really interesting insight for me. Amazing. It's so detailed (the details really lift this story off the page, I swear) and beautiful (is that the right word?). The downward spiral is executed beautifully - not too quickly, not rushed, and realistic. It's just, wow, wow. I can think of no other words, but, *wow*
This was amazing.
- Irma xoxo
attack on titan chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Dark, breathtaking, and beautiful.
TwilightCharmedFaie chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
This is... wow. Incredibly deep, I love how you brought in characters from The Unwinding Circle, the familiarity made it easy to follow. I loved the end especially, which sounds strange because she is leaving him, but it really suits. And I just damn well love your writing.
DauntlessClove chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
:) like how you link it to some things.
Bloodredfirefly chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Amazing, just wow. I really, really, really, REALLY love it. It's deep and moving and almost painful to read, because it's so dam realistic. It's modern day but it's the same characters, the same feel you get with the best of canons. Your writing is so, blissfully perfect. Unforgettable, impossible to put down. I couldn't tear my eyes away. Awesome, keep going!
Bluestarisawesome chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Ive never really shipped clato, but this story was enough for me to change my mind
accioyourheart chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I'm still working on finished the "Unwinding Circle", but I really couldn't resist reading this before I finished, despite all of my efforts not to stray, after seeing it in recs and in favorites.
This is one of my favorite modern day aus. Wow. I loved the story line, I loved the crime, and the school, and how realistic they sounded. You really got into their heads, and from what I read, you definitely know your stuff.
It took me a while to get the addicted! part, but once I got it, I gasped and read on.
The summary, or the line you took from your story for your summary, really dragged me in, and after staring at it and clicking away for a few days now, I finally gave in a read it. And I'm far from disappointed.
The AU you picked out doesn't seem like it'd be perfect for the two, but wow, once you wrote it, I just knew it was. They fell into the story line extremely well, they developed into new characters, but not straying too far away from "Cato and Clove" (as in not too fluffy, just the right amount. they still have a hint of deranged lives) You watch them grow up, and you develop them well in a fic under 3k words, which is magnificent.

I also enjoyed the little pop up of Dicey. (I really enjoy your characters that you made up, but that will be left in a later review for the Unwinding Circle!)

Some of my favorite lines include, of course the "summary" lines, and:

"So Clove backs off, and decides even though it's late, it's never too late to fit in a few studio hours. Art is pain after all. Van Gogh cut off his ear for fuck's sake.

The second time she tries to address him, Cato kisses her, and they make love. It's beautiful, and tender, and she feels the same starry-skied connection that made her fall in love with him in the first place."

To begin, I love love love the Van Gogh line. I cannot fathom how much I loved it, it was way too good. And the "starry-skied connection", wow. That's so poetic and asjdfkls;dfjal

And then the lines after that

"Clove screams that he's a wreck, he's becoming everything he's ever fought against, and that he's hurting her. He gives her a destructive smirk.

"You think so, Clovey? You sure didn't seem to think so when I made your toes curl and your body flush with pleasure." "

I LITERALLY SCREAMED. OH MY GOSH THAT WAS JUST SO asjdkfla;sjfas AND I JUST REALLY LIKED IT

and lastly,

"He's beautiful, breathtaking, and unfathomably brave. He has a big heart, a sharp mind, and the best intentions, but he's desperate, too desperate to save everyone – everyone but himself.

He's dragged her into his whirlwind, his chaos, his self-destruction, lulled her into a state of complacency, and now she's become just like him.

An addict – addicted to him, in fact. For five years, Cato's all Clove has had. She loves him, adores him, doesn't think for a second she can live without him, but she has to try.

She's always been his biggest supporter, his greatest confidant, and unfortunately, she's also been his greatest enabler.

It's not fair – not to her, and definitely not to him."

This was so well done. Honestly, I think it's just the right amount of "fluffy". Like there's nothing that kills it, but you don't make it overly done, and it's just perfect and heartbreaking, and wowowowow

Honestly, I hope you're not gone for too long. You have the perfect balance of "fluff" and, well, the characters of Cato and Clove themselves. You're an extraordinary writer, and I honestly don't know what we would do without you.
pretty-little-gymnast chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Oh my God,I simply can't get enough for your stories! You capture Clato perfectly and break my heart every time you post something. Never stop writing. (I think you'd capture Enobaria very well as well.) ;)
balthazars chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Wow...this was so deep. Clove must have felt terrible while Cato slowly degenerated into his depression when he lost hope, I guess. And it must have hurt her, deeply, when she realized she had to leave and let Cato struggle through the addiction and brave it out on his own.
Brilliant story.
MidniteMasquerade chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
OMG! So heartbreaking! It was so beautiful!
clovelycato555 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
that was amazing!
infinitely-climbing chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I like the AU spin you did on this-instead of yet another high school AU, a criminal justice twist was completely unique! I also love the angst, the way you paint Cato as the man who secretly has a heart of gold that just gets covered in the dirt of his past. The ending where Clove leaves was sad, but fits perfectly.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
It was flawless
Damnage chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This broke my heart.

Not only is this the best addiction story I've ever read, but this is the best one-shot I've ever read. It's definitely up there with my favorite Fanfiction ever, too. The writing is flawless and blood-curling, the characters are interesting and have believable motives as to why they do what they do, the pacing is perfect: you have outdone yourself with this one. It shines like a diamond, or like a knife tip that scars your soul.

Cato is filled with such inner-turmoil that even the reader can feel it. He is a officer who is an addict, his own worst enemy, someone who he would arrest and throw into prison. I adore contradicting character traits like that, where a protagonist is his own antagonist. It's really sad that he tried to stop, but didn't in order to care for Clove. I can completely understand why, because withdrawals are a pain.

The last line is killer. My breath hitched and tears were filling my eyes. I have ultimate respect for you, Roxanne.