Reviews for Fading Fast
SatoshiKyu chapter 2 . 11/13/2014
Eh. It is utterly unfeasible that Homura's time loops could have affected only Mitakihara, actually. Unless we're going to pretend that an entire city effectively vanished off the map for a grand total of eight years and everyone just decided to ignore it? If everyone in a single city suddenly got turned back a full month in their life, people elsewhere would know something was wrong before the week was out. And that's assuming people were able to leave Mitakihara in the first place, yea? If they WEREN'T able to leave the city, well heck the rest of the world would pick up on that REAL bloody quick; an entire city worth of people just effectively vanished, after all. Time magic in general is tricky, but making a time stop or a rewind be a localized thing actually just muddies the water even further. Also what about people who were only in the city for the latter part of that original month? Do they just randomly appear back where they were at the start of the month, even though that's outside the city and the magic apparently only effects Mitakihara itself? You've raised more questions that you can't really answer with this than I think you realize. Also this mystery dude remembers everything, so does that mean everyone who wasn't affected by the time warps remembers? How is it possible that anyone except Homura remembers at all when Madoka literally rewrote the universe? You can't tell me the universe was rewritten ONLY in Mitakihara, that's just ridiculous. How does this guy know what happened with Madoka in the first place? Did he sit outside the boundaries of Mitakihara with a pair of binoculars for eight years and change and just kinda watch? Unless you're saying this dude is somehow so far above the all-encompassing power of a freaking Time Stop that he could just ignore it somehow? He knows things he CAN'T KNOW. The universe was literally rewritten, Madoka no longer existed, and the only reason Homura remembers is because she's the catalyst that caused it and the lynchpin holding it together. Her actions and memories remain because removing them means Madoka never made her wish, which starts a massive chain reaction of retcons and heaven only knows how that would end.

Bottom line: the time warps cannot logically have been localized, and unless your character is literally Jesus there's no way he could be above having his memories rewritten when the universe was effectively DELETED and recoded from scratch.
alleluiamagiatsuioku chapter 13 . 11/8/2014
Amazing...
Foxtrot0220 chapter 13 . 11/3/2014
It's good to see you are still continuing this story. The emotional scenes between the various characters are strong and well-written, and hopefully resolve the loose ends of their relationships. On one hand, you have Homura overcoming her guilt and fear at her inability to protect Madoka, which makes sense considering the trauma she's experienced after losing Madoka many times in her "time loops". On the other hand, you have Sayaka realize that she's not meaningless and Kyouko helping her to prevent her from going down the same path she once did. I'm still in the dark as to how Madoka feels about all this - becoming a goddess only to return to her current situation, but I feel that that will soon be addressed in future chapters.

I hope to see more from you soon.
VegetaPrinceofDarkness chapter 13 . 11/2/2014
Uh oh, looks like Mami is working with the Incubator, that spells trouble.

I'm glad to see Sayaka finally starting to let Kyouko help her. It almost seemed like she was getting ready to turn into a witch again with all the negative emotions she was letting fester within her. I'm also glad to see Homura opening up to Madoka a bit. She needs some reward for all that trouble she went through on Madoka's behalf, and hopefully Madoka can help her warm up to other people as well.
Nightraze chapter 13 . 11/1/2014
Great chapter! Loved the MadoHomu! The emotional talks are written really well. Hope you update soon!
Azuki Rose chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
Kyoko has obviously bought into the idea of making the deal with Fade, while Mami and Homura are definitely more cautious (and with good reason too!). There's just something about that guy... I see that Kyoko has entirely thrown her heart into the offer for a chance to win Sayaka back, but maybe with not enough thought? Ok, for sure without enough thought... XD

I know I'm not too big on OC's, but the one's you've created are waaay more than intriguing; you have a knack of bringing original characters to life that not many people are gifted with, so consider it a talent! I mean, you have to think of sooo many things when creating someone, and these three characters (maybe future villains?) that form the association known as DAWN, seem like they fit perfectly into the new PMMM universe. You have really brought this story to life! Without Madoka and Sayaka in the new world, there has to be a way to get them back- and surprisingly, it's come in the form of these three: Fade, Kaito, and Shiro. I applaud you!

The three don't exactly come across as 'friendly', but there has to be a reason why they're being so generous to Mami, Kyoko, and Homura (who was quietly hiding in the shadows, haha). Even though they say they're trying to help, I can't help but feel they're trying to become entirely in charge of the situation, even though they need the surviving magical girl's help in order to make their plan work. Destroying large parts of Mitakihara as they work? Check. Sabotaging Homura's skylights along the way? Check. Almost killing the stoic transfer student in the meantime? Check. They're starting to look like real threats if they end up going against the magical girls... Mami is right to be weary of them! And Fade was the one who was behind the skylights turning on all this time? Wow... This story is just full of surprises, haha! ;)

On another note, every time I read one of your chapters, I always end up looking up the definitions of more than 15 words... Really, you have an amazing vocabulary! Or maybe it's just me who's illiterate? XD So I just thought I'd say a quick thanks for educating me, along with creating this amazing, adrenaline-pumping continuation of the PMMM anime. ;D I can't wait to read and review to the next chapter!
Azuki Rose chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
I think I'm starting to realize just how deeply in love Kyoko was with Sayaka (even though she may not see it as that now, haha), as I watch her cry over the blunette and dwell so much on bringing her back. I really feel bad for you, Kyoko, I really do! And that scene where you had Sayaka die? I know it was in the anime, but it's still really sad- a beautiful, melancholy touch that I'm positive the story wouldn't be the same without.

I also wish Kyoko and Homura wouldn't fight as much! I mean, I know that Kyoko's just in a bad mood right now, but still- fighting is not the answer, Kyoko! You of all people should know that, especially after what happened to Sayaka. And when Kyoko went to the store on a mission to buy groceries and instead stops in the window of another, thinking about making up with the time traveler, I thought that was really adorable! :)

It's scary to think that the wraiths are now a supernatural, unstoppable force, not being able to be beaten by the small quantity of magical girls that still remain in Mitakihara. Since they react negatively to light, it's incredibly genius of Homura to start an attack in order to rid the city of the demons by using skylights- brilliant! But I guess it's not that easy...

Then Kyoko has to go and get herself almost killed! *tsks as she shakes her head*. It's a good thing that Homura and Mami had enough drive for their red-haired friend to go investigate the matter! Surely Kyoko wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for them... Or wait! Was it thanks instead to the mysterious cloaked stranger that saved our little trio of magical girls? And that offer from Fade. Definitely too good to be true, if you ask me. Be careful, you guys!
Larkabel chapter 12 . 7/27/2014
Okay… Wow, I haven’t reviewed this in AGES, so this might take a while… xD

So the plot is really starting to thicken! Even though I was super excited to see a continuation of the Mitakihara arc and see some drama unfold there, I found myself enjoying the DAWN arc a lot! What you’ve done so far in this part (at least, where they’re concerned) is definitely not what I was expecting coming into it. I like Nanami quite a bit, as well as the whole new layer of conflict brought by this Arcadian Commission. These past chapters have also made me like Fade, despite the fact that he may be a major antagonist further down the road. And even then, it’s all a bit in the shadows. He opposes the Commission as of this latest chapter, and yet… I still don’t really trust his intentions. I think it’s mainly just the strong writing and characterization that I enjoy about him. There are still quite a few mysteries surrounding Fade and the Commission, but I’m sure things will start to be explained eventually. It’s clear from the goals of the Commission that they do somehow know about witches. So I’m guessing this story does merge the timelines together in some way. Still a bit confused on that concept… I’m very eager to know of how the Commission first came to be, and how they discovered the magical world. I guess, when you think about it, the odds of someone finding out are actually sort of high. It’s a little surprising that they escaped the notice of even Kyubey, though.

I really do like Nanami, though. She's well-developed, and I think the segments involving her are also where your writing is at its strongest. I’m not really sure about what role she’s going to play in relation to the plot or the Mitakihara girls, but she’s been very interesting to read about. It’s been nice to get a bit of DAWN’s backstory with these chapters, and I think that’s helped to distinguish them and humanize them, particularly Kaito. I definitely wasn’t expecting Nanami to join DAWN. I wonder what the future holds for her… When she runs away from Fade and Shiro, is she trying to stop the guards? Or the entire Commission? Because the latter is pretty ambitious. :o

Moving on to the Mitakihara girls… The pace is much slower with their segment of the story, but I like how it contrasts with the whole Commission arc, and I’m looking forward to when they’ll collide. Mami visiting Homura was sweet, and the part where she talks about how she wishes she had a younger sister was pretty poignant. I’m curious about Madoka, though. She seems relaxed, considering she was suddenly turned not-goddess anymore. Sayaka’s segment was so sad! :( So I guess she was brought back in sort of the state she was in when she died? It’s also tragic that no one remembers her, although I’m a bit confused by that as well because she technically DID exist… Let me guess: DAWN?

Mami, the investigator! Was making the name of the little girl Aoi intentional or a coincidence? :p And now we see DAWN is stirring up some trouble elsewhere…

You really took my KyoukoxHomura comment to heart, didn’t you? ;) (Even if it wasn’t because of what I said, I still like to believe it is, haha.) They were so cute in ch12. So many hilarious moments and at the end of it, they’re just a bit closer to actually thinking of each other as friends. Their relationships with their significant others seem a bit rocky at this point, so it can’t hurt to have a back up. Amirite? ;) Also nice to see Homura lightening up a bit.

Oh, and Fade and Shiro’s conversation in ch12 has got me very curious. They talk about Madoka as if she’s part of a species, implying there are others… And then the whole “seraphs” thing. What exactly are they? And how did they come to be? So many mysteries.

I can’t wait for the next chapter! :D (And hopefully my review will be a lot more coherent then, as I was trying to cram all my thoughts about all the recent chapters into this one. Sorry ‘bout that, haha.)
Azuki Rose chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Yes! They're alive! Well, not Sayaka... Or Madoka... But it's really good to see that Kyoko, Homura and Mami have survived. Still, knowing what kind of situation they're in, being left behind by Madoka and Sayaka, their future with the wraiths is looking pretty grim...

I'm starting to fear for the magical girls in this new world; and I hope that there's a way to get back their friends! I'm really glad to see that a few are alive, but it would be nice to have the whole gang together again.

And oh man! I was so scared that Mami and Kyoko were going to be finished there- so I was really relieved when they managed to escape. Poor Mami and her wounded arm... :( I hope things start to look better! :)
Turkey in a suit chapter 12 . 7/7/2014
It's nice to see everyone settling into a more or less peaceful lifestyle, though it doesn't seem like the tranquillity will hold out for much longer. I always thought that Kyouko and Homura would have become really great friends under different circumstances. They're both more alike that either would like to admit :) and it's interesting to Kyouko strike up a friendship with Madoka. (Shy Kyouko is so cute)

I hope Sayaka would learn to move on from the past. It may be a tough journey, but she does have great friends to help her along the way. Though she doesn't remember Madoka, I'm interested to see what will happen during their reunion.

I wonder who the mysterious person meeting up with Kyubey is. From the speech patterns, I think it is likely to be Mami, but I don't want to assume anything.

Look forward to your next update!
AlterryCrimson chapter 3 . 6/18/2014
Awww I like how this "Homura" plays the bad guy to look after her friends. You're doing great at writing her relationship with her friends, which is kind of estranged and awkward since she's dealing with a lot of guilt. And a cliffhanger?! I guess I have to read on now!
Guest chapter 10 . 6/18/2014
this, right here is the best scene i've ever read between homura and mami. are you sure you're not actually an author?
AlterryCrimson chapter 2 . 6/18/2014
I really like your writing! I know I said it before but its really really good! I can see the whole darkness of the city and feel the ominous tension. Plus the new offer from the mysterious figure adds a compelling twist to the story.

I know he's up to no good but they're probably too desperate to refuse. This is very interesting so far! :)
AlterryCrimson chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is an awesome story so far! I love the mysteriousness and darkness you've created. I especially wonder what the new characters arriving are up to? You're a really great writer, by the way! I hope to read more!
Waywardneko chapter 12 . 6/6/2014
This is soooo goood
I love all the interactions, and mmmm... KyoSaya, I do love my OTP... :3
I await your next chapter.