Reviews for Entwined
chestry007 chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
I cried like a baby. Ugh. My heart.

"Dís does not look back as she leaves the small tent where their bodies lie, now crowned with her handiwork – her last gift to the children she loves. She will visit her brother before they are entombed together, and she will speak no ill to him, place no blame for the deaths of her children. With Thorin's help, she has raised them to be everything a good dwarf is meant to be. They were loyal and true, with willing hearts and boundless courage, and they went to the aid of their kinsman, and died defending him. They were the dwarfs she had raised them to be."

You must write Uncle Thorin helping Dis raise the boys story. So much good there.
Reptile Princess chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
This is beautiful
PunchyTheSecond chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
And now I'm bawling. This is disgustingly perfect, and oh-so-sad.
Tai'shar Westernesse chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
A truly sad, and wonderful, story. The repetition and changes make it even better. Well done, it's a great story.
Dale A chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Sad but beautiful. That's all I'll say.
Loveanime15 chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
This story made me cry! Again! Loved this story! I have no harsh words about this story, and those who do can go fall down a well!
BootsInPlaces chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Whenever a story touches my heart, I post these lines

Fly friend, fly
Return to the halls of old to dine,
And wait for friends with food and wine,
Keep watch of the doors,
They'll open with time
To bring your brother, your sister, your friends and more,
So live my friend,
You've only closed your eyes
MH Cynogriffon chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
Whaaaaaa
i'm crying so hard I can barely type . ..
merlinus ambrosius chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Very moving. You've given Dis real humanity (for lack of a better word!) and treated her with honor.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Oh my goodness. This is such a powerful story. Oh, I'm trying not to cry right now but it's hard. You captured her emotions perfectly, her reasoning and character through each scene and together, it's heartbreaking.
frangipaniflowers chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Oh my. I so rarely come across a piece that makes me well up, but I'm literally sobbing. Absolutely beautifully written, and utterly heartrending and beautiful.
Chades chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Beautifully written and so sad that, by the end of it, I had a lump in my throat and needed a second to hold back tears. So depressing and bittersweet.
supurreader chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Very touching
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Oh, my... I have no words to express what this fic has done to me. 'In tears' is a good summation, though... Something about your way with words, your exquisite way of describing things - it's like a knife to the heart with its beauty. Even when it is as sad as this, it is still beautiful.

I love the little details about the textures of Fili's and Kili's hair - so many never bother beyond 'blond' and 'brown'! - and their sleeping patterns. I note that Dis crosses Fili's arms at the end - does she prefer to think that they are sleeping with ther Maker? It's a lovely but such a heartbreaking touch. Also, the repetition about Dis being a good dwarf and good mother really ties the fic together and gives it unity.

Well done.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Sad. Beautiful. Amazingly written. I love how you did this in three parts-it gives it great structure. Very, very well-done!