Reviews for By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept
raouiyeh chapter 39 . 5/7
I had way too much fun reading BBSS* up through 2nd-3rd year. Previously I'd never gotten the appeal of crack or power fantasy, but now I do, deeply. When written by and for grown ass women, with prose this clever, it's glorious
At some point the plot became too wild for me, but I love the beginning to bits.

(*) double BS?
raouiyeh chapter 12 . 5/7
I - pretty much an ewe lamb in most social settings - need a Marcella in my life.
raouiyeh chapter 1 . 5/6
I'm only 2 chapters in but loving this already! Your turns of phrase are so witty I've been snorting out loud every couple sentences. Real life is a dumpster fire right now; thank you for this escapade.
What a cliffhanger. Can’t wait to see what happens next
Fantastic story, I’ve read to chapter 63 and enjoying it immensely
hatchlingcub chapter 142 . 3/20
This is quite possibly my favorite HP fic. I love everything about this, thank you for writing it.
bashfyl chapter 142 . 3/2
Amazing story.
the wild semicolon chapter 142 . 2/14
DECO. This story is such a delight to me. I read it years ago - up to somewhere in the early 100s chapter count - and only just revisited. I love this thing! I have to say, this feels like a story for people who simply love reading. Anyone who complains it’s meandering - look, we all know this isn’t a linear point A to point B type thing. This is a love letter to reading. Where else am I going to find suburban mums politicking with powerful wizards, cousin dragons, and collecting strays in general? I enjoy your writing very much and would regret if you stopped pulling at the threads that present themselves for pulling. I like the dragons, I like Tobias, I like Nancy the house elf, I like Elvira, I like Amy, I like the C and D and E and X plot. I’m here for the ride!

That said, I imagine that writing a story for so many years that seems to expand with its own will is difficult. I hope this story hasn’t begun to feel like an albatross to you. It’s been some years since you last posted, but if you end up picking it back up, I’m your devoted reader.

Rereading this story up to the current chapter has been such a gift. The experience of reading it is so calming to me - a central thread of love and generosity that pulls the characters together. It adds to my life. I hope Cato gets his revenge. I hope we see Algy’s wizard form. I hope we learn what advice Snape gave Dudley. I hope Titus learns about his shifty house elves. I hope Sholto and Algy have a good conversation about Cressy and what they endured at her hands (the complexity of family!). I’m so intrigued that Algy is the son of Sholto’s best beloved person - that Algy represents both what’s left of Lulach and what Sholto lost when he fell in love with the first Darsie. I hope Sholto and Algy retake Drear in the name of peace and harmony (or at least in the name of tolerating your mostly intolerable cousins, which I perhaps is the central thesis of this story?). I hope the MacBoons and McCliverts lay their enmity to rest. I hope Titus talks to the Waller Foundation and that they share their research (and that Petunia sends on Cassius’ completed research about curing the block). I hope Petunia meets another family member with the Waller complaint. (The satisfaction I felt when Cressy mentioned Petunia’s “very considerable magic!”) I hope they find Elvira’s murderous husband and do something terrible to him. I hope for more Tobias in general!

I love this; I love you!
Silverdove1313 chapter 1 . 1/22
Wonderful, I’d love a copy of this for my personal library. Wish it was completed tho.
jflamewalker chapter 142 . 12/29/2023
This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. I have read it at least 3 times now and theres always little bits thats new to me.
I really hope you pick it up again soon but if not I expect i will read it for a 4th time in a few months.
AccioAstro chapter 142 . 11/8/2023
Revisiting this work is always a comfort. Please come back to it soon!
moonprincess97524 chapter 13 . 9/8/2023
A broom that follows Harry around like a puppy?! This is just a little bit too silly, I love it though.
eyann85 chapter 9 . 9/4/2023
I’m actually crying cause I cannot believe I have never seen this fic before today… bloody hell it’s awesome
Happydragon5 chapter 142 . 8/27/2023
I just read all this in one go. Took me all weekend haha. It is very good. I love to see Petunia getting some attention! Never read a fic about her before. I’m so glad she didn’t get with Severus either. She deserves someone who treats her with respect. I can tell you’re a good writer because I’ve been furious with all the men belittling her all the time. I hope She makes them eat their words. I see you have writers block, maybe. Or maybe life has just got busy. Pity, it seems like you’re almost there! I hope to read the ending someday. I can see it’s been a lot of work
Fan girl 39 chapter 6 . 7/31/2023
What de-actually you know what? I don’t wanna know.
4,297 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »