Reviews for By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept
stickleralways chapter 70 . 1/25/2020
Regarding my last review - I meant Nerth, not Jerry. Curse you autocorrect!
stickleralways chapter 68 . 1/25/2020
Rereading this chapter I realized that Jerry is the equivalent of Marvin the paranoid android! Well done! I have stopped counting how many times I have re-read this from start to finish, but it is just as enjoyable each time. Please, please update when you can. You're killing me Smalls!
Reticulated chapter 142 . 12/23/2019
I discovered this story recently and am sad to see that its still a WIP. (Though you updated less that a year ago. Hope!)
I really do love the story. You have a gift in voice and Petunia's thoughts/snarkiness take the cake.
The characterization is FANTASTIC, and I like the parts of the plot where you bring in other aspects of the Wizarding World as opposed to just twisting around the regular plot.
The whole idea with the dragons, the magical submergence, the Isle of Drear...
I do have a bit of a hard time with Dudley. I feel we don't see enough of him, or at least enough character of him, to rid me of the image from the books and superimpose a Slytherin/Hufflepuff wizard. However, you did great justice to Petunia. I do hate all the fanfics that make her out for a bitch.
Have you bookmarked for when you reappear!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2019
I love this story very much and seeing it still hasn't been updated make me sob. It is one of a few story that gripped me at the very first chapter. Btw, despite its many competitors, the first chapter remains my favorite. I love it that you fill the usaully boring consulting session with Petunia's rambling thoughts, not only it is informative in a fluent way, but also make Petunia as a story character very alive.
retaco chapter 142 . 11/30/2019
Please, tell me you haven't given up... i need more... i love this story with all the mini stories inside .. Reyes
Anthro79 chapter 142 . 11/13/2019
Great chapter the suspense! Hope you update soon
stickleralways chapter 85 . 11/3/2019
Here I am again, rereading your wonderful fiction - again. I am waiting patiently for an update; well that was a lie, I don't think I have ever waited patiently in my !ife. But I just wanted to let you know that I am still here, and avidly reading. I need more dragons, mynahs, snarky wizards, and the whole assorted entourage. Please update as soon as you can; I'm dying here!
Anois chapter 142 . 11/3/2019
Amazingly complex story. The characters are realistic with strengths and weaknesses that readers can relate to. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Kawisdom chapter 31 . 10/28/2019
Dudley's got a crush! Oh, and even a rational guardian can't keep Harry out of that stupid Tournament. If the choosing was rigged, why does nobody realize that the rest could be too?
I really hate these magical artifacts.
Kawisdom chapter 17 . 10/27/2019
In the interest of fairness, I don't think Snape would tolerate students harming each other in his House, although they'd probably feel free to badmouth Harry and Dudley all they want.
So he's slightly OOC, but there are enough changes in this AU that it's just one of many.
Petunia beating up the Marauders was a lovely thing, as was Lily looking out for her sister even when they weren't talking. That sanity protecting spell turned out to save Lily's own son as well as helping Petunia and Dudley.
Hetc chapter 103 . 10/18/2019
You have some fantastic phrases- emotional presbyterianism- Too Much Comfort is Decadent etc . That just encapsulates some people's view of life perfectly.
I also love your eclectic chapter heading quotes & chapter summaries ' in which...' you amusingly introduce the main theme of the chapter.
Hetc chapter 66 . 10/18/2019
Rereading and enjoying just as much as the first time. I love protective Petunia, who still has the edge and snarkiness. The boys' interactions are great, squabbling until there is a common enemy. Dumbledore is neither all powerful nor complete villain. Snape is too prickly for his own good, and the dragons are delightful
Thank you.
IMayOrMayNotBeTHEBOXGHOST chapter 13 . 10/11/2019
I just read the phrase "Salem in Boston" and died inside.
thedragondemigod123 chapter 142 . 9/6/2019
This is is a wonderful story, And I cannot wait until there is more to read! It is not often i get the opportunity to indulge in two novels worth of work on here, And I loved every minute of it.
Mrs anonymojs chapter 1 . 8/26/2019