Reviews for By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I liked Petunia's thoughts compared to her speech. You can tell she's from the generation that taught their daughters "smart girls let the boys win at checkers."
Vidicon666 chapter 24 . 3/1/2013
Muggle magic for the win! Well done, Petunia. Now to catch a rat. Again...

I fear I do consider the Twins bullies, of a sort. Their jokes certainly arent't, or weren't, harmless. (See Unbreakable vow and that acid candy thin, though they were quite young.)

I think Percy actually has more of a an inferiority than a superiority complex. But all that is opinion, and therefore debatable. I do agree on your assesment on how they feel about what Molly thinks about them. But who cares as long as the Fanfic is good?

Thanks for writing
DymphnaOneAndOnly chapter 23 . 2/27/2013
Wow! That was amazing! I've never read any story with Petunia as main character before, but this one is really good!
Can't wait for the update!
Anarra chapter 23 . 2/23/2013
wonderful chapters, i greatly enjoy this story, cant wait to see how your going to finish this book off.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 23 . 2/22/2013
Very interesting story! And a very interesting Petunia.
migotka21 chapter 23 . 2/21/2013
I like how Petunia over-thinks the capture of the rat and then boom! and Dobby helps. It's a very elegant solution, simple and clean. Simple - but not in a bad way.
M.
Katzztar chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
Whoho! Go Petunia! Now she needs to call Amelia -forget Dumbles- to listen to Peter and Sirius to find the truth,

Really I do hope she calls the DMLE an talks to the head -Amelia- do not waste time with Dumbles, he's not that interested in freeing Sirius - who would be a 2nd person to go against him in Harry's interest. He wsn't really in the books despite his goody goody look, after all he WAS head of the Wizenmagot in bk3 and could have stopped Fudge's order for the dementors to kiss him at end of book whent ehy caought him, saying there was some new evidence they needed to cover,then given Sirius a hearing. But nooooo Dumbles didn't do anything really to help.

Amelia likes to uphold the justice, she would listen to both Sirius and Peter under the truth serum.

And really I'd love to see Petunia and a free Sirius team up against Dumbles (maybe eventually date)
Guest chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
I've been very much enjoying a really refreshing take on Petunia. She has had such an insightful and tart take on many of the foibles we see in the books. That makes it especially disappointing to read her thoughts on Percy, which to me seem a little off. Given her background, I would not have expected her to blame the victim of bullying (which Percy certainly was in canon - consider how much the twins brag about it) for not having a sense of humour and wanting to be able to assert some control over his circumstances.
enchantedlight chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
great chapter! update soon!
archimedeus chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
I do so love your Petunia, and her responses to the lack of logic of the magical world. I'm rooting for her defeating Voldermort, and putting Dumbledore in his place, with the assistance of the "brothers grimm".

It is so refreshing to have a different take on Petunia. I like to think If the Harry Potter series was written by and American as a graphic novel, it would be something like this.
notwritten chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
I like it. Keep smiling. :-)
Zireael07 chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
I love the chapter. Brilliant!
Moi chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
I really liked the Sirius situation you wrote. Really nice. And the best thing is that if Sirius gives permission, Titus despite his oaths and Petunia are two reliable adult witnesses to the questioning under Veritaserum. Good thing Titus insisted on administering the potion himself. Had it been done by Petunia, it might be contested in court as she has no legal permission of doing so. Titus as a healer however would.
Sirius is lucky Petunia had her doubts about his 'obvious' and 'proven' guilt. Had she been someone trusting in the legal system, he'd have been at best in Azkaban, at worst kissed within hours. Fortunately for him, Petunia had her own history of legal troubles and was appalled at the idea of a complete lack of a trial.
The tricky part however might come at a later date: How do you explain that you harbored a fugitive (guilty or innocent) for days without informing the authorities ? ! ? Another fight waiting only to happen, I suppose. I wonder how that will all work out in the weeks to come.
I loved the common room bits you came up with. *smirk*
Peter trapped in a rat cage. I'd SO love to know what he'll make of the situation: seized by a house-elf and held captive by an ex-muggle/squib.
Are you planning of involving Dumbledore in the capture of Peter and absolving of Sirius (if the plot should go that way at all) or are you adding another twist entirely, involving credible co-witnesses? No Lupin the werewolf, but people like McGonagall, the resident expert on animagi?
Assuming Peter really gets arrested and Sirius proven innocent, canon-Barty Crouch Jr. claimed that he had lucid moments on and off before the Quidditch World Cup, so that might not muck up the future timeline overly much. And it would 'provide' Petunia with a new ongoing battle: the Battle of the Irresponsible Influences aka Godfathers. *smirk evilly*
I wonder if Dobby is being given credit if Peter gets arrested?
Petunia's musings on Percy were just too funny. *rolling with laughter* I really hope the boy grows some brain in the right places before he graduates, though that might take some time.
Clearly, you had me hooked . . . again . . . with your newest chapter. :)
Moi
Justpucky chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
For some reason I can hear Lucius at the end of this chapter. "That is the best use for them. Set one Vermin to catch another." Although I'm not sure if he's talking about using a house elf to catch a rat, or a squib to think it up.
ladywatertiger chapter 23 . 2/20/2013
wonderful Dobby captured Peter how much will you stretch to follow JKR plot?
4,297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 267 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 .. Last Next »