Reviews for By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept
Guest chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
Love it3 this the best story I have ever read! Job well done! :)
Katzztar chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
Vernon being sent to "Brookwood Hospital For the Criminally Insane" is a poetic justice!

I found myself amused at the . So he's not a wizard himself it seems but knew of them and isn't biased ...oh no in fact he would like to marry Petunia for her being a witch! How amusing that its the exact opposite of Vernon.

So its confirmed that Petunia is a witch and it was her that portected Arcos and her boys. But now we have to question, did she always have access to her magic but no training? Or was it blocked and her desperation to protect her boys break through the block?

The fact that at first she could not see the house elf makes me think she did not have access to her magic. A block would explain why Petunia did not believe she was a witch and why she did not have have bouts of accidental magic (at least nto enough to be noticed). Now that she has access to magic, she should be able to get her magical inheritance and get that estate right?

Considering the first chapter had the social workers questioning Petunia, does this chapter bring us to the current time?
mumimeanjudy chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
Poor Petunia. She seems to be getting grief from everybody. Hope things look up for her soon.
mumimeanjudy chapter 6 . 1/13/2013
Vernon's behavior is not too much of a surprise - most bullies are cowards. I WAS surprised that there was an actual exorcism performed though. I take it Harry is no longer a horcrux?
Emerald Lylythia chapter 6 . 1/12/2013
LOL ! Voldemort exorcised by a Satanist priest ! That was funny.
Interesting story and I like it. I must admit that I don't understand why Petunia never went to the police and why Vernon says she's unstable (I must have not understood somethin in the previous chapters).
You detail every thing quite nicely and we do not have any difficulty to understand the story. Did Petunia pass the magic exam ?
Rumour of an Alchemist chapter 6 . 1/11/2013
Did Voldemort's soul-fragment in Harry just bite the dust? Oh, the irony...
Moi chapter 6 . 1/11/2013
I really like Petunia's dry wit. At least the boys aren't physically hurt. What's Pompey's reaction to Verson's newest schemes?
Was there a reason for Arco's reaction to Harry's scar? Will we see this one again, say, if he's a family member of someone magical or some such thing with access to magical products?
What did Petunia find out from Arabella Figg? (Other than that Dumbledore knew about Dudley.) Would Pompey agree to do some snooping around for the benefit of his two magical boys?
Cheers,
Moi
Katzztar chapter 6 . 1/11/2013
LOL AFTER I made that last review I gone back and reread ch1 and realized She mentioned Dudley having magical outbursts.
Though your answer of "terrific guess; you just got the wrong character. The right one is suggested by the title of Chapter Three." got me confused...That chapter is only one to have a title which is "Reason I became a witch" whcih suggests the person in question is female...Petunia?

I've always wondered, she was so sure she should stick with Lily and go to Hogwarts. Its a perfect set up for fanon to say she's not a muggle/squib but was really a witch but no one believed her since it would happen when Lily was around and/or Lily's accidental magic was more obvious. Its also a perfect setup for the manip!Dumbles stories where he purposely prevented Petunia going for some reason, often ranging that Pet's not as trusting as Lily was.

Seems Arcos (if that is really is his name) is a low-life wizard like Dung, only he uses scams to get money. I'm curious to what he really did or what he thought was going to happen. ..and he better hope that the boys are okay. I wonder how this will affect Petunia though. Seems she rushed in before the thing was finnished.
ShadowedFang chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I wasn't quite sure about this when I first clicked on it... But the tale you are starting to weave is excellently done.
Katconan chapter 5 . 1/9/2013
This is a great story so please continue it and update soon.
Katzztar chapter 5 . 1/9/2013
The ending made me wonder if Dudley was a magical too. With the emphasis of "its a magical child" in this chapter, there are two possibilities that come to mind.

1- Pompey is the one that did the magic and since Vernon can't see him, he thought it was Dudley.

2- Seeing Harry in danger was enough to 'shock' Dudley to awaken the potential of of magic in Dudley. Similar to how in bouts of extreme duress a human can do the impossible (like a mom lifting up a car to free her trapped child) while Dudley may been mundane before but seeing his cousin in danger made him unlock the potential of magic. After all, the Evans bloodline have shown to be able to produce magicals.
Moi chapter 3 . 1/6/2013
I am curious what part exactly was her reason to become a witch and most importantly how. Very much intriguing yet again.
Petunia singlehandedly getting the better of the Marauders and then getting sloshed was a picture worth cherishing! *laugh*
Funny thing Lily didn't pretty much care what happened to those boys (or at least Petunia didn't remember). I wonder if Lily ultimately married James for similar reasons. Their babies were born only about two months apart after all.
Cheers,
Moi
Badbonita chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
Interesting insight that you're having. More please
verysilly chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
This chapter is very good. Write some more, please!
Moi chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
Your first two chapters are great and most intriguing. They also seem quite unique so far. :)
4,297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 276 283 284 285 286 287 Next »