Reviews for By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept
Kyralian chapter 1 . 12/18/2020
What a delightfully refreshing start!
Hetc chapter 142 . 12/16/2020
I've come to the end of the chapters so far.
This is truly an epic read, so writing it is quite an achievement.
I'd love to see where the story arc goes, but am grateful for what you have written already.
Thanks for writing and sharing. Stay safe and look after yourself.
Hetc chapter 133 . 12/16/2020
Even re-reading, the last stark ( brutal?) comment from Dumbledore was a gut wrencher.
Hetc chapter 111 . 12/15/2020
Rereading & still loving it- all these many & varied dragons.
I enjoy your characterisation of the people,too. It's great to see a nuanced take on a fairly peripheral individual, rather than broad brushed negative characterisation.
Thanks for writing.
Guest chapter 142 . 11/19/2020
Deco,

So, this may be a "shaggy dog", but it's a friendly one, which digs up interesting thing to deposit at your feet. Gotta say I'm impressed with over a half-million words in this story. I've been well engaged by your storytelling, it'll be a shame if this goes unfinished. This story has the quality of making me want to know "what happens next?" so few stories have.
Thanks for the good read.

Kirwand
guest chapter 62 . 11/11/2020
With respect to your reference to "Dumbledore bashing," it is ~not~ "bashing" to portray a character's nature accurately. None of the fanfic depictions of Dumbledore I've read, no matter how unfavorable, has been an unrealistic expansion of canon. Particular actions different from canon's, yes; OOC behavior, no.
booboojudy chapter 137 . 10/30/2020
Okay so I read this story several years ago, and it was a mainstay of my favs that I checked on every now and then. I stopped reading fanfic for a few years (thanks grad school). Recently looked at some of these favs, and saw you’d been updating! I was so excited and decided to start it over from the beginning. God I love your writing style. Petunia is genuinely funny, and the boys are an absolute riot. Harry in particular has perfect comedic timing, and it’s got to come from you as an author because that kind of thing just can’t be taught. I see in your author‘s notes that you lament over the plot bunnies. Honey you could char plot bunnies for another 150 chapters, and I wouldn’t mind. Don’t think anyone would, but you do what you need to do. It doesn’t look like you’ve gone back and edited any of the previous chapters, but if you ever did, it might help to split the saga into smaller stories that cover certain events (doesn’t have to be by school year, esp bc this is *Petunia’s* story, not a school story.) ANYWAY what prompted this review of ch 138 is that while Sholto is an obnoxious shit, I’m loving that he’s toe to toe with Dumbledore and giving him what-for even though he’s out magicked. DD is a classic benevolent dictator. He likes to play the grandfather, but he hasn’t learned much tolerance for other’s motives. Powerful people rarely do. Sholto would be in that same category, but magical power and social power are not the same thing. I love what you’ve written, even if you never write another word. Thank you!
Coriandergirl chapter 142 . 10/29/2020
I've been reading this fic over the past couple of weeks at work, and the closer I got to this chapter, the more worried I was that it was still unfinished! I know that 2020 is the year of disasters and disappointment, but I must say I've been quite enjoying this, and I do so hope you will perhaps continue it.
I've laughed, cried, chortled and guffawed my way through this epic, and I'm decidedly invested in the outcome for all the delightful Mayhews and company.
-coriandergirl
(I'm not logged in now, but I'll fave & follow from my account later!)
NeverWritesAlwaysReads chapter 142 . 10/23/2020
POST! ITS BEEN A YEAR AFTER YOU POSTED !
Reticulated chapter 141 . 10/21/2020
I just reread the whole story! I LOVE the language and the realistic characters. (Why do I feel like I'm rephrasing three thousand other reviewers?) Most of all, I love the narrative style, with the limited third person POV. I felt it being so authentic when Petunia facepalmed herself in regard to taking Pompey for granted, same when realizing that she failed in certain aspects, like neglecting Tobias's occupation or that the boys needed a male role model. It's very much like real life in that way, without the exposition of an author that lets you see ahead of time the upcoming events. Foreshadowing, that I totally hate, since the author usually screws it up.

-I'm wondering, whatever happened to Lulach and Darsie?
-Did Sholto's dragon form, being Hebridian Black, impact him to being thrawner, or was it just the Horcrux acting on him?
-Is Aberforth really strong enough to defeat Dumbledore and hold on to the Elder Wand?
-The American cousins seem cool to me. Not enough characterization yet? Are they wary? Do they have an agenda against Petunia?
-Couldn't Tobias do a reading for Voldemort's location?
Siouxsie1789 chapter 142 . 10/4/2020
Hi Deco - Hope all’s well with you this weekend. I was looking to take a break from my usual Dramione and found this gem of a fic!

I just finished this story and I thought it was very well written. I really do hope you’ll keep at it as it has my favorite elements: complex magic, dragons, mystery, and fascinating historical tidbits. I love how you invented the sports dragons and the Mayhew family sounds awesome and one of the most well plotted OC characterizations I’ve ever read.

You’re an amazing writer and hope things are going well for you, especially during these challenging pandemic times. Just thought I would encourage your writing. Cheers!
Metcalfe Helen chapter 142 . 9/28/2020
this is a wonderful story if you never write another word of it it will still be absolutely brilliant world building
shortmeanone chapter 14 . 8/30/2020
I am starting over in anticipation of a new chapter soon. This is my absolute favorite HP ff story. Thank you for it.
manatee-vs-walrus chapter 142 . 8/14/2020
This has been such a fun read! Your Petunia is a great character, and it's refreshing to see her as more than just a caricature. The dragons are a hoot, and you're really made the most of characters like Tobias and Crouch. I love how Petunia has gathered so many oddballs around her and given them a home.

I hope you are able to finish the story one day, but it was a pleasure to read regardless of whether we get a conclusion.
abhayakara chapter 142 . 8/11/2020
Wow. Well. This has been great fun. I hope you are okay. That last little bit with Aberforth was... interesting. Would be fun to see where you go with it next!
4,232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »