Reviews for The Melting Pot
ju3tb0red chapter 4 . 7/12
You nailed it. This chapter is the best characterization of an interaction between Harry and Hermione's parents. Too often, in other fan fiction stories, the Granger's simply accept Harry as if they known all along what would happen. There's none of the fear or hesitation that losing their only daughter to a magical world that nearly kills her every year. I love the drama and emotions you managed to portray. It feels like they are real people and not simply literary characters destined to a foregone conclusion.

Lastly I love the inside jokes between Harry and Hermione. It feels natural especially the part when Hermione admits Harry is right and he responds it only took 8 years. I appreciate how damaged all the characters are. Too often writers gloss over the end of war, as if, once it's over, we can simply move on when the emotional consequences have yet to manifest. Although magical psychologists or therapists might have it easier then muggles when you can oblivate the worst memories or stick them in a pensive like what Snape and Dumbledore did.

Anyway I digress, you managed to succeed in an excellent characterization of all the characters.
A. Amishi chapter 5 . 6/19
Trying to find a well written Potter romance fanfic is no easy choir. Yours is truly a diamond in the rough. Well written, well paced, well conceived. The only mistake I noticed was a reference to Hedwick when Hermione first leaves and Harry used Hedwick to try and send a letter to her, than a couple chapters later you seemed to remember that the owl dead. Not a biggie. A couple spelling errors but I'm sure I have more in this review than you did in 5 chapters. I haven't checked your other stories yet but I sincerely hope you decide to write a sequel to this story. It truly deserves one. I look foreword to checking out your other stories.
bingblot chapter 5 . 4/1
I have to admit that after the release of DH, I've stopped reading HP fanfic but I found this one and decided to give it a try. Thank you for managing to "fix" the crappy canon of DH (which I refuse to read but have been thoroughly spoiled for) and doing it so beautifully. I love the way you wrote Harry's slow realization of how he feels about Hermione and, of course, the depth of Hermione's feelings for him. It all seemed very in-character and also, nice job dealing with the fall-out of what Hermione had to do to her parents.
(As a side note, totally agree with you about Ron; I think he's all wrong for Hermione but I do love him and his loyalty to both Harry and Hermione.)
Classic Vision chapter 5 . 10/27/2014
All of the interactions in this story were great. Ginny's and Hermione's argument, Harry and Hermione's confession, Harry's meeting with her parents. All believable and well done for a short story.
TranquilSapphire chapter 5 . 8/24/2014
That was so very sweet!
Sorceress of Magic chapter 5 . 8/18/2014
this was so sweet, loved it!
fall shadow chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
Azrael38 chapter 5 . 4/24/2014
Thank you so much for this story. Reading about my favorite ship in such a well written story makes me happy.
Elliesmeow chapter 5 . 3/2/2014
I liked your take on a mature Ron, you're very right in saying the Harmony shippers don't usually treat him very well. Also enjoyed the way Harry told Ginny off for the way she talked to his best friend. Overall a great story for the conversations(Harry and the Grangers, Ron/everyone, and Hermione to Harry about her expectations of her value in Harry's life. that one generally doesn't see but were handled sincerely and with compassion.

Thanks for posting. :)
Firewolfe chapter 5 . 2/28/2014
I agree about Ron. This was well done and I would love to see a sequel.
Vegasman59 chapter 5 . 12/11/2013
The wedding, the trip, the whole thing You stopped to early!
AnacDian chapter 5 . 10/22/2013
Well Done. Is this the best I've ever read, or the most intriguing - maybe not. But, it is certainly satisfying. It's a lovely visage and is basically what I think should have happened ... afterwards.

I enjoyed reading it - I hope you enjoyed creating it.

Thanks
Anac
SilencedLaughter chapter 5 . 10/17/2013
I haven't read such a powerful fanfiction in quite a while. The love and devotion you conveyed between Harry and Hermione in the span of 5 chapters is incredible. Thank you for this.
Hedwig's Owl chapter 5 . 9/8/2013
I enjoyed this version of what happened after Voldemort. I thought you wrote Harry and Hermione very well. Thanks for writing!
bellachaos chapter 5 . 9/4/2013
Lovely story. I appreciate what you said in your final author's note about Ron and no one (in real life or the Harry Potter series) being perfect. One of the reasons your writing seems so authentic is that you include the character's weaknesses.