Reviews for A Very Respectable Hobbit
theHidden1 chapter 26 . 5/13
I hate you so much, you made me cry for hours! This ending was soooo worth it though. This fic was amazing. I was sooo impressed with your writing and character development. I fell in love with Fili and Kili and Thorin as you wrote them. Bilbo not even realizing he was in love with Thorin for so long. The introspection after his death. The mourning that felt so heartbreaking. And Dis allowing him to forgive himself. I genuinely missed Bofur after Bilbo went home. And I dreaded Ori's letters about going to Moria. God you gave me so many feels in this fic it was ridiculous. I loved it to death and I will definitely come back to this again in the future. I just need some time to emotionally recover. It was amazing though. So so impressed.
Emma the Red Luxray chapter 26 . 3/3
I am now sobbing at 1:07 AM and I can't stop thank you for that
Stranger chapter 26 . 2/24
I have never in all my years been so moved by any movie, book or fanfiction. I have personally never experienced love or felt loss but reading this story has made me feel things I never have before and has made me want to experience life. I cried so much over the last few chapters so that ending I thank you for from the bottom of my heart. You are the single most gifted writer I have ever met and just thank you. Thank you for the most beautiful tale I've ever read.
Fathia chapter 26 . 1/9
Woah! I wish I had half of your skill writing to express how much I loved your story!
The only ting I resent is that from now on I'll be comparing the future fics I'll be reading to this one... so...yeah... Great work, keep going!
MadameLaufeyson chapter 26 . 1/4
I love it! I can't stop crying! God, I can't even say anything more... Just wow!
Excellent. So very touching and wonderful.
SV chapter 25 . 1/1
No matter how many times I read this, I still end up crying.
abbystar30 chapter 26 . 12/18/2016
I just want you to know that you made me SOB MY HEART OUT. Like oh my gosh I think i cried as much as Bilbo. And then you made it okay because it was still a happy ending. Thank you.
Deadly Whirlpool chapter 26 . 12/1/2016
Holy heck! This story is... I can't even... just... oh Valar help me! This is PERFECTION, d'you understand!? PERFECTION! The story ensnared me, dragging me into it's orbit slowly and I was irrevocably entrenched in it and that was the BEST FEELING EVER! Btw, you owe me two new handkerchiefs, considering how I could wring buckets of tears from the bloody things and they're quite wasted. Thank you so much for the amazing work! I read the whole thing on my birthday and this was like the best gift I could have ever hoped for. Thank you, again!
DevinePhoenix chapter 26 . 10/31/2016
This is a beautiful piece of literature. It is lengthy, detailed and made me cry buckets. Long-term exposure to fanfiction has dried my tear ducts out but this last chapter alone had me breaking out in tears every time I tried to read it. I had to stop several times to wipe my eyes and the instant I started back reading, tears started to well up again.
You wrote Bilbo's grief exceedingly well.

The little things and the slow burn of the Baggenshield was expertly done, the closer they got the greater my dread at the approaching Erebor and gold sickness. It was like watching a train wreck. And I really could not look away.

I thought it was just going to be a sad end, but you worked your way straight through the grief and came straight back around to a happy ending.

I enjoyed this very much.
Jessiikaa15 chapter 26 . 8/29/2016
Omg did you break my heart in this fic, but thank you SO MUCH for the happy ending!
WolfAndI chapter 26 . 8/21/2016
Oh Gosh, I HATE YOU so much. Seriously, your fanfiction is a masterpiece, and it made me cry like a baby. I started reading it some days ago, and I found it absolutely awesome. And I kept reading and reading, and even as it became darker and darker, here I was, hoping for a happy ending. What a fool, seriously. I must admit that I didn't have the courage to read your epilogue. It was too much... Too real, too well-written. It reminded me too much of old wounds. I just couldn't. And I'm absolutely not sure if I'll be brave enough to read it once again. Later, maybe, if I have the balls to do so. But I had to tell you how I enjoyed reading it. How I liked the fact it was the story of Bilbo Baggins, of how he learnt to know every dwarf in the company, to love them, to care for them, and not only Thorin. Well, now that I told you so, I'm going to bury myself under my covers in my bed and cry all night long. But seriously, thank you for sharing it with us. That was absolutely awful at the end, but marvelous at the same time.
Elipsa chapter 26 . 8/2/2016
I've read this... I don't know how many times and I never favorited it? What? Was I? Thinking? Apparently nothing... which totally sucks for me cause I had to search for this everytime I want to re-read this. The character depth you added, the growing plot, the emotions, and the suspense is just...awesome? fantastic? amazing? I don't know what word I'm looking for. I love this story. Beautifully done and I know I will read this many more times to come. Thank you for writing and sharing this.
sevJoan chapter 26 . 7/24/2016
I can honestly say that this is one of the best i had ever read. I did always find the book and the movie quite lacking, but when i read this it's like seeing the world with the same eyes but different at a different angle. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love all over again. Thank you for writing this story
MidnightOil245 chapter 26 . 7/10/2016
This was amazing. You had me bawling like a baby at the end. I like how you made the members of the company, and Bilbo and Thorin's relationship, so real. You have an amazing talent as a writer-thanks so much for sharing it!
FitsofRage chapter 26 . 5/19/2016
I laughed, I worried, I cried, I mourned, I burned and was full of joy in the end. Thankyou. It was beautiful.