Reviews for A Very Respectable Hobbit
That was beautiful I cried i just omg I love you
Ryane-Foxx chapter 26 . 5/13
This was fucking amazing. Absolutely mind blowing. I couldn't stop reading, getting more and more consumed every chapter. I've never cried so much over a fiction in my life. My head is still pounding from all the tears. Thus was just amazing, truly. The ending more than made up for all the sadness :) I'm now a personal fan
ForestDweller89 chapter 26 . 4/29
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! SOOOO GOOD!
Rascal chapter 26 . 4/26
Oh, be still my aching heart! Be still!
So... I'm back after the LONGEST hunt for a story I have ever been on. Literally years.
I found your story again and everything I say is inadequate to measure up to it.
This is the height of storytelling. I swear no other story has ever gotten me so attached. The ending of this story is the Titanic.
I'm Rose/Bilbo watching Jack/Thorin slip away from EVERYTHING and it's terrible, but then they are reunited in the afterlife. I CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER I LOVE THIS OR IF I DESPISE IT.
This ending is the most memorable thing about your story, but the whole piece haunts me. When I read another Hobbit story, I compare it yours and it pales. The others never measure up.
This story made me weep with shakes, and then gave me this sweet ending like ambrosia. I don't know if the agony was worth it because of how deeply I experienced it, but the ending just wipes away all my tears and gives me promises that it's going to be alright.
Your story is my muse and it makes me want to wax poetry and speak French and make hot chocolate and other sappy things.
So I wanted to say thank you for writing.
Thank you for giving me a new appreciation for The Hobbit all together.
Written Fire chapter 26 . 4/10
It is 5 o'clock in the morning here. I get up to go to work in...3-4 hours. I missed two installments of something I am working on to read this all in one setting - in one /day/. I cried like a baby. I have yet to even see the last Hobbit so there were spoilers here.

And yet.

I do not care. It was so beyond worth it. This was a beautiful piece of art, and I am so glad that you not only wrote but shared it with us. I loved it so much I'm leaving a review and that - well, frankly that jusy never really happens. So. Yeah.

I really did love your story. I could go on but - I should really get some sleep.

Just. (heart)
virtualprincess chapter 26 . 3/25
Gods, oh gods, I swear to all the various wizard gods that you were trying to slay my heart and tear it savagely apart. Which, I must add, you did with quite tremendous skill. Your writing is deep and emotional, so much so that you made me cry. Reading this I was brought back to something I've always thought: emotions are beautiful and merciless things, they enable you to feel for everything and anything, from a character to a living being. And with this amazing, gut wrenching feeling comes the merciless of grief and all the pretty opposites of the love and happiness we feel. Being able to stab you multiple times, over and over, and yet instead of saying, "I will stop feeling, because I can take no more of this." we chose to keep feeling because it is a wonderous thing. And because of these wonderous feelings, I cried an ocean and a river reading your story, which I both adore and hate you for.

Your writing is beautiful, able to stir up all my emotions and make a ship wreck out of me. Able to make me feel everything the character is feeling, all their hopelessness, all their love, all their pain. And maybe it may seem a bit foolish to some people, to cry over a story and characters that do not exist, but I don't think so and anyone who does can screw themselves because empathy is a beautiful feeling.

And so now as I have rambled on for no reason and spoken my fill, I'll take my leave and go on and reread the story that broke my heart and mended it. Bravo to you and the hope that you live in prosperity.

Goodbye and good day. *dances away*
ShardAura chapter 26 . 3/18
I hate you. I love you. My heart is fucking torn to shreads and stitched backed together by the end. I love the way you ended it. That was..no is perfect. I admire you. I fucking hate you, but I fucking love you. Your writing has destroyed me for a good 5 hours of reading since chapter 21. Finally they get together then omg you just did so well. I'm glad you made it a happy ending. I am so grateful. My heart is mended. Omg.
ShardAura chapter 24 . 3/18
I'm in absolute tears! My heart feels like it has been torn open much like Bilbos right now...
ShardAura chapter 21 . 3/18
Oh my word, 21 chapters. And my heart is pounding. Been binging this fix for a few days now and my god. Was it worth it ? Bloody fucking hell yeah it was!
Kuro chapter 26 . 3/16
So I see it's been two years already since you finished this story but I still feel the need to thank you for it. I've read a lot Thilbo fanfiction out there but this is by far the very best. It's beautifully written and well thought through. I love how you managed to keep the story realistic - not changing the charcters and plot too much. It all makes this story very believable - thanks for not rushing into things and for focusing only on Thorin and Bilbo but also taking the time to let us hear the stories of the rest of the company. Many authors out there seem to make the mistake of rushing it and making everyone out of characters. Luckily you had the patience and talent to create this wonderful story. I admit I did want to strangle you for how the 25th chapter turned out, but the Epiogue makes it worth the tears - and wailing there was! Personally I always hated how tragic the story was for the poor Hobbit - I truly wished he could've died insted of his friends, as it is much harder to go on living with such a loss. But your story has given me some hope that maybe in Valor Bilbo has finally found some peace. Once again big thanks and hugs for this amazing story - you should honestly consider writing as a profession :)
I love the story so far. I honestly didn't notice the supper slow burn to it. I was enjoying all the character depth and growth, the eay Bilbo gets to know a few of them and why they are on thw quest. I think the author has dome a great job of representing and keeping true to Tolkien's characters, even though there is a unique spin on them all. I would like to just mention a small mistake(i think anyway). Around the time when they encounter Azog, it says that Azog killed Thorin's father, not Grandfather. I might be wrong, but I think that is a little oops. If not then ignore me. :)
aphrodite2013 chapter 26 . 2/24
I would just like to say that I highly enjoyed this story. I love (and hate) that you didn't make the ending(before going to valinor) super fluffy and you kept it realistic (as much as a fanfic can be). I definitely went through an emotional roller coaster. I was laughing out loud and I was crying. I rarely cry abut things I read so you should feel very flattered. Just wanted to say thanks for creating this magnificent piece of work, I very much appreciated it.
AmericanEagle76 chapter 26 . 2/8
Mother of god... I can not even express how much I loved (love!) this story. I have never been so emotionally invested in a story ever in my life. I was literally crying for the past 3 hours as I read the last 2 chapters. So beautiful. You have a fantastic gift for story telling. I sincerely hope you continue to write well into the future. And not just fanfiction. You have an amazing talent, and should you ever pursue a career in writing, you will go far.
iSmish chapter 26 . 2/8
Words can't describe how much this story effected me. I spent the last two chapters in tears, bordering on sobbing. It was beautiful and heartbreaking and I am so, so happy that Thorin and Bilbo found eachother again.

Well done on writing such a fantastic story and thank you.
bookaddict19 chapter 1 . 1/31
I could see Bilbo caring about the injuries but them going untended so long would make me wonder, Thorin's pigheadedness aside, where Oin (who is supposed to be the company medic after all) was when all this was going on. :) Perhaps that will be answered later on. Nothing to be done for it but to head to chapter 2.