Reviews for Seeing Her
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 5/24
Beautiful.
Annie858 chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
I've loved it, such a sweet and tender moment.
Congrats, I can imagine Ron being like that with little Rose.
keep writing! :)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
How have I not read this yet? How? TELL ME NOW HOW DID I GO SO LONG WITHOUT READING THIS?

I mean... really. this is perfection. Ron is so hesitant and wonderful and perfect and exactly like I would imagine and I lovelove/love/ how he tells his own mum how to hold a child because seriously Ron... wow. There is just so much amazing and perfect here. ILY. I love this.
wickedcml chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Awww, such a sweet daddy Ron story. My heart just melted into a pile of mush. :-D
marchofthemadhare chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
luv2writefanficcandycane chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Awwww that was so cute. Oh, and I was playing this awesome music in my headphones which fits this story so well, I couldn't help myself but get all giddy and excited. Amazing writing as well. 'Like seeing, but not believing.' Very subtle but perfect. X
Ralinde chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Gahhhhh the fluff! The "I'm-afraid-I'll-drop-the-baby"-thing! This was such a cute oneshot and I loved how Ron was so awkward with her at first but grew into his role quick quickly. I like that it's Ron that picks Nymphadora as middle name. And the part where he instructs his mother how to hold just made me laugh. So Ron to want his mother to be even more careful with his baby than she would have with any other baby.
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Okay, so I'm usually way more into dark/angsty weirdness, but when you write Romione - and not just Romione, but happy!Romione, parents!Romione, /perfect!Romione/ - you just give me a big ball of feels in my chest that reminds me why I came to fanfiction in the first place.

I love this fic. I love Ron's nervousness and apprehension, because that's so very in character, and his love for baby!Rose is so sweet and feels very, very real. [There was the signature tuft of red hair atop her head that declared her a Weasley.] This line is just so /yes/ because imagining Ron holding a little Weasley in his arms, with her blue eyes and red hair, just makes my heart go all warm and fuzzy. :3

I adore that her name is Rose Nymphadora, because Tonks deserved to be paid tribute to, imo. If you don't mind, I might well add that to my head canon :D

Ron's protectiveness at the end was so perfect and so /Ron/, especially showing his mother how to /hold a baby/. His /mother/. God, I love him.

Fantastic job, Ash, as per usual!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Aw, so cute! I love the idea of Ron as a dad, I think he'd make a very good one :D The image of him instructing his mother how to hold a child is a hilarious one that I can't get out of my head now XDD
TrueBeliever831 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
This was definitely cute... and it felt very...Ron to me... You do a wonderful job writing them... It's strange that you can take a pairing that I can't decide if I love or hate and always make me enjoy them... you can tell you enjoy writing them. I didn't notice any mistakes, wonderful job!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
[Don't drop her. Whatever you do, don't drop her.] This is perfect - it's so in character, I can't even...This is the last of the fan-favourite submissions I'm reviewing, and can I just say, you have a knack for writing Ron beautifully in character.

This was a gorgeous family fic, well done :)
AnneNevilleReviews chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Right from the beginning, you've moved me. There is something so tender in your first lines—in the dialogue, and in Ron's thoughts and perceptions of his new baby. It's immediately engaging.

["Why don't you want to hold her?"] This line is so poignant. I can see Hermione's tired eyes, her concern, and even feel her nerves—why wouldn't a new father want to hold his daughter? I can hear her thinking . . . and it's a totally believable reaction to Ron's behavior. So is his fear to hold her since she's so tiny, and he's so big.

[He'd never forgive himself if he was the one to break such a perfect being. It was best if he wasn't given the opportunity.] Beautiful and sad.

I always try to give concrit, but this story is very clean so it isn't easy! However, this phrasing stuck out: [any rash movements] For some reason, the word “rash” sounds a bit odd to me here. Usually people are rash . . . perhaps “quick” or “clumsy” movements would suit better? Of course, your choice, your voice . . . and it does make sense that Ron might project his own characteristics (being rash) even onto the way he moves . . .

[He ran his thumb along the side of her face again.] Such a tender gesture, such a vivid detail. I can almost feel Rose's skin.

[He hoped there was some Hermione in her too. "A perfect mix," he mumbled.] I like this: he sees himself/his family in her right away, but not necessarily Hermione. I feel a niggling insecurity in his hope that Hermione is there (perhaps her better features?) and his declaration that Rose will be a perfect mix of the two of them.

I'm impressed—every moment I read strikes true! This is beautiful, sensitive writing. I love it.
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
That's beautiful omg. I've probably mentioned this before but I /love/ your Ron/Rose stories. They're all so sweet and it shows how much Ron has matured since the Hogwarts days and asdfghjkl its too beautiful Ashleigh, why do you do this to me? I love how Ron's so worried and I laughed when he started to instruct his own mother on how to hold Rose. I also love how he calls her Rosie so close to her birth. So cute!

This was brill
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I ACTUALLY CANNOT COPE WITH ALL THIS WEASLEY!FLUFF. IT'S JUST TOO CUTE OKAY.

*Ahem* I loved this! Ron as a dad has to be one of the cutest things ever, and I love how quickly he went to being scared of hurting her to not wanting to give her away again. These must be the beginnings of overprotective!dad!Ron...

When he told Molly how to hold her... I literally don't think I've ever read anything so cute in my life. '"But this is Rosie," Ron replied. "This is different."' AWWWWWW

And I love how they picked her name, and how it was kind of a compromise. Rosie as Ron's special nickname is really really cute, and I like that they had a war hero as her middle name so that she doesn't feel left out but they don't have to use it all the time. Rose Nymphadora is my head!canon too actually. :)

(I apologise for how incoherent this review is, I am severely sleep-deprived and overcome by feels from many different things today help)
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This was gorgeous. I love how it was when Rose was just a little baby, a newborn. I really adore how you portrayed Ron because this is exactly as I see him. Nervous at first, he does't trust himself with her because she is so important, much more so than a vase, and then he loves her so much he doesnt want to let her go.

I laughed a bit when Ron was trying to tell Molly how to hold a baby (she had 7 kids, as if she didn't know!) because he was so protective over rosie and i loved ginnys reaction.

"He had something that was completely his." I adored that line. It just stuck out to me its really powerful and moving.

Rose Nymphadora is an interesting middle name, I love how Ron thought she might be jealous of not being named after anybody haha. Why Nymphadora though? I kind of like it. My HC for Next Gen changes regularly, but atm its Rose Amelia Weasley (shh its got nothing at all to do with Doctor Who).

Anyway, I really loved this :) (You could be like the Romione Queen because the cuteness and the feels from this were amazing and thats from someone who never reads romione except for fan fave stuff)