Reviews for Chasing the Wind
Hells True Mistress chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
"me", it usually means "oneself" or "I", but Shinji naming it... it's ment as "me", isn't it...
Archdruid-Sephiroth chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Another good one. Really starting to like you're writing style. Wow, I need to get back to my own projects at some point. Thanks for the read, this one actually made water works this time.
3ohIII chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Kwl fic jst wat i needed 2dai
NemesisZero chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Not sure what I think of this one. It's rather melancholy, but in a way that feels quite natural. I'm not quite sure why he gives in at the end however, after it seemed like he had come to terms with his role as a pilot.

The ending probably is for the best though... this rendition of Shinji has no place on a battlefield. Granted, the whole world may be screwed because of this, but it's better for him, at least.
jcmoorehead chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Good story I enjoyed reading it, found the section with the whole Rei bringing cheese part hilarious. Keep up the good work.
ZeroSinRaid chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
wow this story is took me three and a half hours to read. i think i may have to read it again. keep up the great work
Blue Taboo chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
Why is this not on my favorites?
Yazu chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
This story is very interesting and incredibly detailed, I wish for you to continue this possible as soon as you can. Thank you.
Spiritblade chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
An excellent story, and like each one you wrote, a classic. I look forward to your future works.
lonley beast chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
... ok begining was great. the midle was funny as all hell. the end...disaponting, he never pilots again and unit-01 gose to the forth it left me feeling a bit pissed ya know it flowed well and all but in the end it disaponted me to the up most

good story but please write a different ending
Warriorsong chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
I really don't know how to start this review, aside from the usual compliments on style and flow, as well as exquisite characterization. Nonetheless, it hit me as I read what the doctor was shocked about. A name is something that belongs to you, sets you apart from the masses. Not seeing a name as important, means that individuality is not important, hence you, as a person aren't important. What makes you do the things you do then? Why do you continue? Everyone searches for understanding, but eventually, in a lot of ways, we need to make small amends and gain the smaller truth before the larger one is revealed. Apart, together, you define yourself by both.
Quincy007 chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
To be honest I didn't find the story dark as much as I found it sad. As I read it I almost hit tears. I did like the interaction between the characters, it seemed to work. This is a good piece of work, I enjoyed reading it.
Dave S chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Well I read this story ten times already and still enjoyed it. Excellent wwriting. Cause and effect techniques well played. And to think that Shinji views each life as important clashing with the worlds' "Acceptable Losses" view was also well place in the story was good as well.

Cheers
Kevin chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
Beautiful writing, partly due to the fact that the story changed tones in parts of the story, so it always left me thinking further forwards in the story itself. I am even more impressed though by the dialogue/conversations between the characters. For example, Shinji's first meeting with Asuka after the battle, Asuka seemed pretty much hostile and almost 'insane'- infact, I kinda thought she would actually commit some sort of death-related action. Same for the part where Asuka and Shinji talk before the last battle- I was kinda freaked out to see Shinji acting almost so disillusioned, and again, was scared by what Shinji might do. It's these aspects that I think makes this story one of the best I've read so far :)
Ivan chapter 1 . 8/3/2002
Such a wonderful story. I found it very sweet and collected. The interaction was understandable and I find Shinji's mentality to be particularly inspired. (Though, as I think upon it, sweet may not be quite the right term... oh, well)

Jibun: the self, ego, myself. Also, (a proper) time, hour, season.

Taken in another sense Jibun could also mean "the writing of a period. Contemporary writing.