Reviews for Three Minutes
Hoplite39 chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
An interesting interaction this one. Strange but feels authentic. In many ways Eamon is like Peeta. Again showing that FF and Katniss, and thus the other contestants, not that much different from each other.

I was a but confused by the "People like me" at the end if the first paragraph. I thought you meant she was popular. But what you actually meant was that FF regarded herself as one of the masses who admired him. The world like has a double meaning there. If you did, I found it a little confusing later on. I think it may have been better to say something "People who are like me" if that was what you intended.

Anyway, a good chapter. It just shows that HG is a great book/movie has endless and authentic feeling possibilities for humanising the the heroine's rivals.
Hoplite39 chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Good continuation. It just demonstrates that the other tributes may well be in the similar situations to Katniss.
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Interesting. I like the contrast with Katniss' story.
gkmoberg1 chapter 3 . 1/15/2013
I quieter chapter, but we get several clues that this is going to build into more angles of her life and about those she is about to leave behind. Very compelling!
gkmoberg1 chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
You follow through so well on the threat delivered in Ch1 - you ramp up the tension for us Readers by giving us directly dear sweet little Tara. Now the ominous tones from last chapter's Curran dig deeper at us and we feel a strong empathy for the child left behind. The cruelty of the Hunger Games story rings stronger as we ponder how "reaping" members of these small societies (District 5 and "Finch" in this case) tears away not just a life but also wounds the livelihoods of those who depended upon the victim (err, I mean "Tribute"). We leave this chapter not only worrying for Finch but also for this little girl, who is going to have rely - oh my - on the support of Finch's brother. Tragic in so many ways.

In short: Well written & glows with these endearing characters! *applause*
Nalia-R chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
gkmoberg1 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This take on Foxface shows her to be as fiery as her hair. Good for her, standing up to her drunkard brother! Let's hope he does Grow Up and takes care of Tara - but we're left worrying that such is not about to happen anytime soon.

Foxface rocks! Thanks for writing.
Princess Clove chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Nice to finally see that Foxface has a background story. I would actually like this to be a multi-chapter story, but it's still nice as a short one-shot. Good job!