Reviews for Kenichi Returning
Rob Rimsill chapter 20 . 10/7
(As the end of an arc, this seems like a good point to share my thoughts on the fic so far.)

Okay, first, I like the premise of the fic. Pretty much my first thought after finishing the manga was "Man, I'd really like to see a continuation, or at least a distant epilogue." And now, here's a vision of what that could be! I'm not super jazzed about how all the side characters appeared to hook up with each other - how often does that happen in life? - but I understand that you'd want to show us the future of as many canon characters as possible and that's the most efficient way.

I'm not a fan of your writing style - though I will say your story is at the very least free of typos and grammatical mistakes, which is all too rare. Unfortunately, damn near every line is dialogue, or setting up dialogue, unless it's a fight scene. Dialogue is good, it's a great way to showcase the personalities of each character, but it is being used way too much here. Run your eyes down the left side of the page and you get an almost unbroken string of " marks.

Having said that, we DO get a great feel for the personalities of each character, and impressively you've managed to capture those of the canon characters very well. Even quite complex ones like Tanimoto; we can easily see that he's grumpy and bad-tempered but ultimately well-meaning and caring towards his disciples. (A bit like Ma Sougetsu, to be honest, which is kinda adorable.)

Your fight scenes - well, the manga is a hard act to follow simply because of the ridiculous amount of research Matsuena did into martial arts. I'm not sure that comes out here... although to be fair I could visualise Lisa and Tommii's bout, with his Muay Thai being much less flashy than her 'Ancient Martial Arts' (I cannot for the life of me remember what its actual name is). Maybe watch a couple of videos of each martial art and try to incorporate what you see into your fight scenes? Also, and this is just for purposes of excitement, consider the environment of the fights - lots of them have been simply taking place in open ground, which is good for martial arts films that need to showcase the actors' skills but unnecessary in a written format where one can be more creative. (Consider Diego's multi-purpose stage in the D of D tournament!)

That said, this still feels like a HSDK fic, and that's all down to your grasp of the tone and the characters, which is impressive by any standards. On to read the rest!
why would kisara die in a fire shes a master right she could just kick the fire out
Adam chapter 35 . 10/2/2014
how can you stop there?! please add more
Dino-Rogue chapter 4 . 9/7/2014
Aww, gotta love the love shared between Miu and Kenichi! Hope they get their well-deserved happy ending! And sweet kiddos! I love Lisa and the younger Kenichi! You did a great job on them and are doing a wonderful job so far of fleshing them out!
Dino-Rogue chapter 2 . 9/7/2014
Oh, yeah! Tani-kun is a sweet cookie, despite him having that rough facade and acting all like a tough one; well, he is tough, but deep down, he may just be starting to believe in real trustandkindness once again. All thanks to meeting Kenichi Shirahama, no? And his sister, as well... and now, 'Small Kenichi', as Sakaki called him! Haha!

I am really loving this piece! Fantastic job! This is the perfect fic to read after watching the entire anime or reading the whole of the manga and ending up wanting for more of it!
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Oh, it was poetic and awesome! Love the surprises, from couples to Kenichi finally showing up! Nice job, lovely piece! I must read on!
Anon chapter 35 . 9/4/2014
Dude, keep writing. Love what i'm reading so far, a great story that's just getting started. Can't wait to see what you have planned.
dtr chapter 35 . 8/3/2014
Keep up the fantastic work, genius jub jub.
Digitialwriter92 chapter 35 . 7/8/2014
The dairies Section is turning out great. I love all the adventures Kenichi and Lisa have. Still can't wait for the story to go back to Lisa and Ken Ma. Awesome story want more.
Digitialwriter92 chapter 34 . 7/1/2014
This new chapter was awesome. Lisa and Kenichi in a flashback was a really great move. I wondered how she became his disciple. Anyway I hope you go backnowledge to the real story soon. I want to know how Lisa and Kenichi MA will deal with the new crisis.
Digitialwriter92 chapter 32 . 6/29/2014
If I may be so bold if your having trouble picking up on your story I can lend a few ideas if you want. Just something to get your head back in to the story again if your having writers block. I get that a lot. Just ask. (plus I already reviewed the last chapter so no choice but to send it on this one)
Digitialwriter92 chapter 33 . 6/25/2014
Jeez I loved this Story. The idea with the new characters and a new storyline has my eyes glued to the pages. I Love Kenichi Ma and his carefree attitude, Lisa and her logic based mind. I really want to see Kenichi's Reaction when he finds out she's killed. And Ryuuto's Disciple seems to be having some difficultly on where he stands in Martial Arts. I seem him leaving the darkside soon...hopefully. Anyways Love this story hope you update soon.
brad1990 chapter 33 . 3/14/2014
Very well written good story line please keep righting
Guest chapter 33 . 3/1/2014
Okay please continue this story. I love kenichi. I'm still reading the manga and anime. But this is one of the best fanficts i've read. What happens to Lisa? Does Katsuo convert to the living fist and if so does he get a new master? What does kenichi ma do about Tommy? And how does he deal with probably fighting lisa in the tournament? Does the President make a move on lisa? When does Kenichi Shirahama unleash his power and on who? When can we see some romantically heated scenes between Kenichi and Miu? Please i'm begging you cont. with this story. I'm loving it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Will just get new chapters on this story already. I love the characters, I love the story I wish this could be a sequel to the series. But hurry up! Your starting to have antsy readers here who almost tired of waiting. GOT IT!