Reviews for Purchase from Sorrow
Linorien chapter 33 . 7/7/2014
I agree, it is way too early to have a magic reveal, Merlin has so much more saving to do and Arthur has so much more maturing to do. Great story once more and I look forward to reading whatever you post next.
Linorien chapter 26 . 7/7/2014
Really? The Welsh named their daughters Slaughter? Why? I guess for the purpose of stories like this where they fit perfectly.
Linorien chapter 24 . 7/7/2014
I did not see that coming. I knew the confrontation would happen soon but I didn't expect Ceallach to not be, well, human.
Linorien chapter 22 . 7/7/2014
Yes Arthur, you really didn't show a lot of emotional maturity at that point in the series. I'm glad you know when you need to let your walls down though. (Always for Merlin.)
mersan123 chapter 33 . 4/30/2014
Hey Zendog,
Just had the pleasure of finishing both stories in a marathon read (inbetween work and family). Thank you for two brilliant stories. You certainly are a very talented writer and you Merlin whump is fantastic. Very enjoyable angst, bromance and action.
Definitely stories I will come back to and read again.
Thank you so so much!
Mersan.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 33 . 6/16/2013
Zendog,
I liked it well enough but you have a penchant for over dramatics both in your language and your plot that frankly irritated me. Mostly, it was just a small irritation; reminded me of reading epic poetry, except in prose.
Also, the amount of time Merlin takes to recover from near death herein, is unbelievably short. He is human. Keep it realistic. This was probably the biggest thing I'd change.
The idea of Emrys as some sort of 'Avatar' like state is one I haven't come across before. I'm not sure if it's my favorite interpretation but it certainty does a good job of explaining some things about how Merlin supposedly has all this power but never seems able to use it.
God Bless,
Auua
ARTmeg chapter 33 . 2/4/2013
You know that really warm and happy feeling you get just after you've read an amazing fan fiction? Well I have that right now. It was superb! You did an amazing job of keeping the characters in character. Initially I was a little disappointed by the non reveal but the way you handled the moment in which Merlin chose not to tell Arthur left me feeling very satisfied, and I think it was a good decision. The clever humor and angsty drama were perfectly balanced. There was just so much depth to the story, so much detail in the plot. I like how you put that confrontation between Gaius and Merlin in there, it was a very powerful example of what Arawan's powers could do even to the closest of friends. Can't wait to read more of your fictions!
natcel chapter 33 . 1/28/2013
truly awesome story hope you are proud of yourself, hope to see your name on a new story soon, take care.
natcel chapter 32 . 1/28/2013
please keep writing for the merlin fando your writing is fine, you are an asset and i miss this story already, hope to see something new soon.
scarletpampernel chapter 33 . 1/27/2013
Am truly sorry to see this wonderful tale come to its end...but the Epilogue was so touching between Merlin and Arthur at the gravesite, and just beautifully written. Once again...Bravo! And thank you...
SpanaHana chapter 33 . 1/27/2013
awww loved the ending :') really enjoyed it and you wrote it amazingly :) thank you for writing a great story :P can't wait to read more of your stuff :)
LFB chapter 33 . 1/26/2013
I really enjoyed your story and look forward to reading any future work. Im very fond of stories with Merlin whump and bromance
natcel chapter 31 . 1/25/2013
awwwwwwwwwwww so good, such beautiful writing and fantastic whump, you are a star.
scarletpampernel chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I’m still here happily reading, and had to come back in and say that this is such an exciting tale! Opening each new chapter is like opening a gift that never fails to delight. Such a thrilling blend of dark mysticism, adventure, and suspense, with some chilling whumping of poor Merlin. Love your original characters, esp. Arawan. What a vile and vicious villain he is with his evil obsessive focus on Merlin, which also rebounds into Arthur. Thankfully there are some truly funny scenes between the boys to give us a respite from the mounting tension and worry about what Arawan plans to do next. And I have to say, Zendog, that your use of the Welsh phrasing in your stories is just plain brilliant! Bravo!
natcel chapter 29 . 1/22/2013
this is just too excellent for words, except maybe wonderful.