Reviews for On Being Female
Aviendhaphiragon chapter 1 . 3/30
Oh my. I not quite sure how, but I ever even considered Carrot being a girl before. Oh my again.
sliz225 chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
You tackled such a modern, complicated idea of a gender spectrum and made it fit perfectly in Discword. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Everyone was spectacularly in character, and your Pratchett voice was impeccable. Loved it.
mistrali chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Your Pratchett voice is impeccable. Carrot was so endearingly and improbably... well, himself.
diluvina black chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
I don't really like short stories but I almost laughed my head off with this one.

It's so carrot like :-) so like pratchett himself. Please do a sequel
Sherlock Emrys chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Literally laughing out loud at the surrealness of that whole... conversion. That's the definition of awkward.
Excellently well written and perfectly in character too! Reads like a scene from a novel, despite the bizarreness of the concept. Should have been crack and wasnt. You win the internet XD
ShinyKevin chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Awesome!

I've not read many Discworld fics that capture the essence of the books like this does. Pratchett's spirit runs right through this one - plus it was really true to the characters.

If I was going to be picky I would say you probably didn't need all the tagging and reactions et cetera - the speech alone would have carried the story a lot of the time - but even then none of it was badly written

I like it.
Selina chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
That was very well written. The style, the complexity of text and above all the in-character-ness were very enjoyable. The line that caught my eye was "made a wrong, a right, a left, or a right bloody mess".
mirrorballsymphony chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Still laughing :D but that is the sort of thing Carrot would do. Maybe write his declaration from Angua's point of view, that would be an interesting conversation...
Ija chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Oh god, I'm in stitches. Can't see his happening, thank god, but it it did, this conversation would definitely follow. Hehe. Well done, mate.
jenben chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
What an enjoyable story! It was nice to see you even included footnotes a la Pratchett. You certainly captured the essence of his writing well; the characters also seemed very true to form. The whole thing is quite clever. Thank you.