Reviews for The Education of Princes
Brievel chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Oh Thorin... how did that work out for you?
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Hmmmmm this is really interesting, your take on the stories that Thorin would tell and how he would phrase them to get the exact reaction that he wants from his nephews who have to take his place one day. In some things, he has absolutely no clue what he's doing. But with others...
frangipaniflowers chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I really want to post an eloquent review, but I'm mostly just squeaking to myself. Ahhh, Thorin knowing what he's doing but praying that they;ll come out of it alive... :'(
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I think you're absolutely right. Thorin loves his boys, but he could have never not realized what he was making of them. That being said... this fic is lovely, truly lovely. The characterization flows from their actions and dialogue without the need of cumbersome exposition; everything works in its place so naturally. Great writing.
supurreader chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I'm sure he knew what he was doing since reclaiming Erebor was always at the back of his mind.
Black Hawk chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
This was so sweet. I could just see this all taking place. You capture Fili and Kili's individual yet complementary personalities perfectly.
yellowrose437 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Nice writing job, I like this one a lot. Did you just polish this up and post it over Christmas/New Years break, or do you write quickly enough to publish one story the day after another?
People Person I'm Not chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Very, very nice. Loved how Thorin was using the stories to make his nephews who he needed them to be. And Kíli, acting them out with his toys... XD
CaptainAmberRose chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Very nice. You definitely do your research! Sweet and a little discomforting in the way Thorin manipulates his nephews towards his own goals, but it is certainly something I could believe of him. Very well written.
nessyschu chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
That was so sweet. They must have been such precious little boys.
PrincessMnMz chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Great story.
Hiiraeth chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Gorgeous:) I loved all the parallels between the stories he was telling and his own bond with the boys, but also the slightly darker idea of him molding them to become his weapons one day. All in all, it was very in character and I really loved it!
Nalbal chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Aww, I love it! Great job!
fiona.boyle.5832 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I love it sooo much can't wait for moooooore soooooooooooon ;D and some more of fili kili and Thorin
Autumn chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
That is all? No more? No fair, this was way to good. No, this was excellent. It is so believable that Thorin would do this. Raising his nephews with a very definite purpose in mind. Thanks for writing! :))