Reviews for Sacrifice is Forever
Moonlit Tides chapter 2 . 7/18
So I've been searching high and low for a Merlin story I could really sink my teeth into and I think I've finally found it!

Although the prologue didn't 100% sell me on the story it was enough to get me to proceed to the first chapter and within the first couple of chapters I knew I'd found a truly great story.

Not only is your technique as a writer leaps and bounds above so many other fanfiction writers I've read in the past (including myself!), but you managed to perfectly capture the characters of Merlin and Arthur making it feel as though I were watching them on screen all over again.

For me the most important element in any story I read (putting the quality of the writing itself aside) is that the characters are actually IN character. I'm reading for the characters of Merlin and Arthur because I fell in love with them on the show and they are the characters I want to read about, so the fact that you've managed to write Merlin and Arthur in character is one of the main things that has encouraged me to read on at this early stage.

I very rarely leave a review after just one chapter, because I like to get a real feel for the story before passing comment or sharing my thoughts, but the beginning of this is so strong that it immediately drew me in and propelled me to leave a review.

Now I just can't wait to read more and see which direction the story goes in.
Yassssss! THE AWESOMENESS! I have no words for how amazing this fic is, just no words. How to even begin?

I love your style! Your writing is fluid and well pieces together. You tell the story with grace and skill, and it truly is the key to making this story such a good one. There are so many great fic ideas out there written by awful writers that you just can't read. This is exactly not that, and it just makes the whole story.

Your plot is fabulous. Not only does it star a loveable (and hurt!) Merlin (a personal favourite... I plead guilty) but the whole adventure is just so well crafted and believable. It's so amazing and a delight to read. I'm especially excited as the finale seemingly approaches.

Your characters, both canon and OC, are fabulously portrayed. You show Merlin and Arthur so well! It's just brilliant to see and watch and study the progression! I love your original flashbacks, and I love the current interaction, and it's just so them that I feel like it's the show writers themselves! And Amara! So unobtrusively an integral part of the story. Not a Mary-sue, not a lumbering, unreasonably important interloper, and so cleverly knit into the plot. My most sincere compliments, because I detest most OCs I come across, and refuse to read all fics that list them. This must be only the second (maybe third) fic I have EVER come across whereon I actually enjoyed the character. I know you don't know me so it may seem silly and irrelevant to you, but I hope at least my sentiments might come through.

Overall, just an amazing piece of work, that I really hope you'll continue on! It's just fabulous no way around it, and quite possibly my favourite Merlin work out here. Thanks for your hard work, and I look forward to all the rest!
equine 14 chapter 20 . 7/12
Hi, so I haven't read all of this, but what I have read, I really like. Do you think you could do, even just one shots, some fics about the less appreciated sirs Leon and Percival? I haven't found much fiction about them and for some reason I'm craving whump. Thanks for your hard work!
angelwhisperer chapter 20 . 6/10
I absolutely love this story! This thing is so sad and emotional, I'm drowning. I adore Arthur's bond with Merlin and how far he's willing to go for his friend. I can't wait to see what happens next.
You've done really well with your OC. She's a strong character without taking away from the main characters, and that's very hard to do. Good job :)
Every once in a while the reader gets to a paragraph that's pretty lengthy and hard to get through. But other than that, you're writing style is brilliant.
Can't wait to read the next chap :)
mizzymel chapter 20 . 6/1
The Merlin audience is def still here, it just takes us a little longer to find new fics because not many people write them anymore and many WIP's end up abandoned as the writers move to new fandoms. :( I'm glad you'll be finishing this! Can't wait till the next chapter.
Yuki no Ai chapter 20 . 5/23
Please continue!
greendogjoe chapter 20 . 5/23
This is a very catching story and I really like it so far. It was the first Merlin FanFic I read and it pulled me into reading more. I cant wait for the rest of it.
Thanks
(Also I got an email that this website is closing or something like that. Do you know if that is true and if it is will you be continuing this story on another website?)
Ortthree chapter 20 . 5/18
I love this fanfic so much I cannot physically wait for the next chapter like I nearly threw my phone when I saw there wasn't another chapter I juST NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS DAMN IT 3 3
Nelly2560 chapter 20 . 5/17
Omg! This story! It's amazing! I really do hope you will complete it. And I admire you for keeping it going for three years. We don't see that much around here. :p You're an amazing storyteller.
Lots of love!
Lya200 chapter 20 . 5/15
Arthur owes Merlin a serious birthday party after this...assuming that they all make it out and retain their memories.
shell22 chapter 20 . 5/15
Wow oh wow! Great emotional chapter! Thanks for the update
RLD Flame-point Callie-co chapter 20 . 5/14
*Sniff* So sad. I just stumbled across this and felt like I had to say something because this is the first thing I've read in a while that made me tear up a little. Hope you keep writing, you have real talent.
LFB72 chapter 20 . 5/11
I'm genuinely worried that you are going to kill one of them and although its a more realistic conclusion it's not a happy or uplifting one which they kind of deserve after all that suffering - surely the gods can see Arthur's redemption, his willingness to accept and be humble.

sorry you are not getting the support you need but I think it is that the audience has got smaller and less vocal. It is not a reflection on you writing - which is wonderful.
ReservedWriter chapter 20 . 5/11
Oh my goodness! The suspense. The feels. The everything! I need to see what happens. Update soon please!
Leonarema chapter 20 . 5/11
I have not yet read this chapter, I just read your first sentence that the audience for Merlin isn't what it used to be. Does that mean you won't write that much for Merlin any more?

I am not much of a reviewer. Sometimes when I have time (which is basically never), I review a lot, most of the time I don't.

I just wanted to say, I find this story utterly brilliant. I especially like that you put so much work into Arthur's thoughts and feelings. Normally, I am not so much into stories where Arthur knew all along, but the way you did it, with Arthur in denial, is just awesome. His character development is enormous and I am still mourning that we didn't get to see that on the show. You also show a more balanced-out relationship where Arthur is as much of a "self-sacrifical idiot" as Merlin, which is what I believe.

Amara is one of the best OCs, I have ever seen. I love it, how she gradually likes Arthur despite herself.

Perhaps I don't remember it right because I have only seen part of season 5 (I decided to watch the final few episodes only if Artur lived, so go figure) and I have only seen the episodes from episode 5 once. But I think in the episode about Arthur's past, it was implied that Arthur also killed the druids. Just apologizing to their ghosts, wasn't really enough for me. I also didn't like that Arthur once threatened a Druid child to get the cup of life. That just isn't the once and future king for me. So thank you for your version!

If there's any Merlin bone left in your body, please continue to write, I just love the way you do it.