Reviews for Self Slain Gods on Strange Altars
M.Blanche chapter 1 . 9h
Word of advice: write in past tense.
"Harry is due to arrive soon" should be "Harry was due to arrive soon"
Jemjnz chapter 20 . 1/4
Your writing is really good. I absolutely adore the philosophical abstract paragraphs and the sense of what the war is doing they give. The mind altering, numbing, confusing, grinding downess that is this war is really well down. It makes for a grim story but there are not a lot of fan fictions out there that do from quite so well.

Kia Kaha. We’re all moving through our lives, one step at a time. You doing a fine job, we’ve all got our demons. You are not alone, no matter which way you look at it. ️
Kcm765 chapter 20 . 12/5/2020
This story gives me shivers and sets my soul on fire. Perfection *gesticulates widely*.
Sevvy chapter 20 . 11/27/2020
Hi,

I hope all is well.

I Really love this story and hope you return one day just to say Hi. I do hope you’re doing well, and I wish you all the best in life.

X.
allpall123 chapter 18 . 11/21/2020
I just ... really really hope you finish this one day. I cannot begin to tell you how special this is to me.
xcstbbl chapter 19 . 11/1/2020
This is the most beautiful piece of writing i've ever read. I'm so sorry you had to go through what you went through to get write this. i hope you get some comfort in the fact that someone at the other end of the world understands. thank you, and i hope you saved yourself in the end.
QuarantineBlues chapter 1 . 10/9/2020
I've been reading HP fanfiction for 15 years and left about as many reviews in all that time. I'm going back to stories I read years ago - including this one - and leaving the reviews I should have left long ago.

I followed this story obsessively as it came out - we talked over e-mail extensively about it - and I have already lavished it, and you, with praise. I've re-read it probably once a year since it came out, and I don't even care that it's incomplete. Your final author's note, about why the story went on hiatus, is almost as beautiful as the story itself.

I miss this story, and you, and hope you're well.

-Your friend who happily put up with those Brobdingnagian emails

C
Chantal9 chapter 19 . 9/13/2020
I am positively giddy anticipating Snape and Hermione's full-on emotional "come-to-Jesus" explosion and where that will lead them! I am dying to get a look inside his mind and know what he is truly feeling and what his motivations and actual actions were. Did he really leave Hermione in Greyback's hands to meet a most heinous fate? Or did he have a backup plan or did he literally just not care?
RhodaBush chapter 20 . 8/11/2020
More soon please
You are an excellent writer...and more chapters will come, when the time is wright!
With our Covid crazy lives...you need to do what you need to do for you in the now!
Guest chapter 9 . 8/2/2020
Not digging the reddit cringe atheist vibes
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2020
Interesting
Sniffles 55 chapter 20 . 7/26/2020
Okay, but wtf. Let's get this SOB finished. 2020 is the perfect backdrop for this emotionally draining journey. As I face a return to the classroom in the midst of this pandemic and the dangers entailed with that move, I connected with the latter half of this story in a way I didn't (and couldn't) seven years ago. I would love to see this finishedconsider it my last request before contracting COVID trying to get 16 year olds to appreciate Shakespeare. Hope you're doing well.
umbrella911 chapter 20 . 7/9/2020
Thank you for sharing. No pressure but hope you come back on this sometime.
xcrystal-tearsx9933 chapter 7 . 7/6/2020
Self-hating, nihilistic Snape is my jam. And I will put your prose in a frame and hang it on my wall.
xcrystal-tearsx9933 chapter 6 . 7/6/2020