Reviews for Self Slain Gods on Strange Altars
Guest chapter 18 . 4/27/2013
this is so, so good! Please continue!
katerinka80 chapter 18 . 4/19/2013
A very good read it is. Want more, we do. Loving the angst to pieces. Oh yes, heaps of it here. Still highly enjoyable. No worries, it cannot ever be too much for the likes of us, as long as there is a flickering little light at the end of the tunnel. (Probably just a train...) Agreed? Hands up! Yes. Definitely. Looking forward to more of it. Excellent work, thank you.
AranaBanana chapter 15 . 4/13/2013
Hey there!
I admit I've been a poor reader lately. I've been holing up in my studio trying to avoid thinking about the upcoming exams. And trying to push back studying for as long as possible (I still haven't started). You know, there's just something about university and exams that is soooo depressing, you just don't feel like doing anything at all? Not even reading some awesome HP fanfiction.
So anyway, I did think that the story was getting, not really boring, but it seemed as if there wasn't really a main line anymore. Like the story didn't progress any longer. But it was still nice to read. And well, since it seems you're going to change things a little and all, I am eager to read what you have planned for our favorite duo.
Keep on writing, and I promise I'll try to keep on reading like the faithful reader I am! P
SunflowersAndDandelions chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I am fascinated by what you have so far. Your writing style is very unique.
KangKorandKoloth chapter 18 . 4/6/2013
This is a brilliant story, you really have talent. The way you set the scene and how you portray the characters is amazing. Your style of writing is so easy to read and personaly, I don't actually feel you've made it too angsty at all.
I'm so glad you've decided to stick with it, I really have to know how it ends!
Guest chapter 18 . 4/4/2013
And he's back. Good. Thank you for the update, now enjoy your palm tree holiday free of Self-Slayin'. We await it back. Hope it's soon. And, those smutty dramione oneshots you've mentioned are quite welcome in the meantime. hah. As if, We want angst and lots. of. it.
Katz
semicharmed chapter 15 . 4/2/2013
I'm still reading your story. I'm surprised it doesn't have more reviews.
2plus2make5 chapter 18 . 3/31/2013
Loved every word of this.
I hope you'll find the inspiration to continue this story.

I always get joy when I see the mail that says you uploaded a new chapter :)
rivruskende chapter 18 . 3/31/2013
Good that you didn't abandonned this story! I loved the last chapter :)
Aisha04 chapter 18 . 3/31/2013
Another awesome chapter!
Aisha04 chapter 16 . 3/31/2013
Oh my god! I'm so glad
somesortofabibliophobia chapter 11 . 3/30/2013
Alright, I've decided I can't just reading this without writing any reviews simply because I am too caught up in the story to dare stop and calculate my thoughts. But I am going to force myself to do just that.
I love Hermione in this story. I think she is one the best written I've read on . I can understand her need to be right (her naivete, I suppose) and maybe that is because I'm a 16, almost 17 year old girl who is sure I've seen enough of the world to understand a bit about how it works. And I understand her need to reach for something greater that herself. It's fantastic, this story that is, because she is true to the Hermione we've all read in the books but because this story is from her perspective and not Harry's, as it is in the books, she becomes something more. She seems so real, I guess. I'm not sure how to phrase it. I just love how she written because she is real.
I also love how Snape is written. He too is the Snape we see in the book, but in this story is able to come into his own. I like how he is still a mystery. We still don't know who he is but I find him strangely endearing. It could be because of how Hermione describes him, but there is something...authentic, I guess, about him even though he is a spy with a constant facade.
Which leads me to my next thought because I want to better understand their relationship. I feel like Hermione does care about Snape and Snape at least has some lust for her. But I'm not sure the extend to which he cares about her. Which is a kinda cool not to know because it shows this character is so well written and complex that it leaves the reader with more questions than answers.
I love this story so much. I've spent most my spring break trying to catch up since I've been able to read much. I'm sorry for this horridly long comment but I really can't help myself once I get started. I'm excited to read the rest.
Keep up the amazing work!
Guest chapter 15 . 3/28/2013
I fucking love your story. I'm always obsessively checking back to see if you've posted another chapter. Please don't give up on it, it's so hard to find any new, good SS/HG fanfiction. It would be a real tragedy if you stopped writing.
somesortofabibliophobia chapter 4 . 3/28/2013
I have been behind in reading due to this horrid thing called junior year. Anyway, I got the reference! Which makes me incredibly happy.
Have I told you I loved this story so much? I really do. At the moment I can't think of much else besides the fact I adore this story. So I think I'll stop myself here to keep from rambling.
Snapesgirl chapter 15 . 3/27/2013
I have read a lot of HG/SS and never, ever written a review. Not even if I loved it. I am writing to tell you that I simply adore this story and your writing style. The second half of Chapter 11 is sublime and well worth the wait. You could stop at Chapter 14 and it would still be an amazing story, but I do hope you continue and bring our Prince back.
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »