Reviews for Self Slain Gods on Strange Altars
BW-Photography chapter 18 . 5/22/2013
Not Neville! SO sad. Still loving this story! Please keep writing!
Peppermint and Alihotsy chapter 18 . 5/22/2013
Last night, I made the mistake of discovering this story. I say "mistake" because I had no idea that once I began, I would be helpless to do anything but finish. I certainly had no idea that I would be forcing myself to stay awake until 4 AM, then blearily making my way through work before racing home to finish.

This story so far has been amazing. Incredible. I love it. I love the grittiness of it, the little vignettes that weave together to form the longer narrative. I love Hermione's fixation on atoms and stars and galaxies that spin away on unfathomable levels; I love how it colors her view of life and the goings-on around her. I love how her perspective, how her thoughts jump and seem very random at first but interconnect perfectly later. And I love how very true she is to canon and yet so beautifully, wonderfully fleshed out in all her hope and despair. I love her. And I love Snape- his mystery, his anti-hero tragedy, his quiet pull towards Hermione. Your characters just seem so much... more. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I'm usually not a fan of this kind of angst and grittiness (there really is no other word for it), but you do such a lovely job with it that I can't help but read more. Fascinating narrative. I only hope that your story ends on a high note (but from your title and the way your story is going, I'm almost afraid it won't)- if it doesn't, though, I am sure the end you bring about will do this justice.

And to think-! An engineer! ;) From one fellow engineer to another, all I can say is- You is engineer, but man, you writes goodeded.
Guest chapter 18 . 5/22/2013
I'm so happy you're back, the chapter was very good!
Sniffles 55 chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Love this! I am so, so glad to see you're back!
Gabi1994 chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
ugly sobbing. I hope Neville runs far far away and lives in a run down old house full of useless junk with a prize winning lawn. everyone else is so fucked up by the war, someone's got to get out. even if he is abandoning them, even if he's all alone, and just as messed up.
cooemi10 chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Neville's speech in the middle, about being remembered was perfect. And I think it says a lot about the conditions they are in if Neville, the ever loyal gryffindor, is willing to cut all ties and abandon his friends.
2plus2make5 chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
i love this! Please continue
pilky chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Great to see you back! Good chapter, flowed pretty well.
rosin1 chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Well, she got a thank you from him. We have progress! Also very glad that Hermione was useful in the war effort again. Hope that helps her self esteem and frame of mind a bit. And I'm really hoping Neville made it safely to wherever he decided to go.
Music of silence chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Yeah a new chapter! I'm so glad you are updating again. I really liked that part with Neville in this chapter and I hope we can see him again later (he is not really dead, is he?) Anyways, keep on writing and I'll keep on reading!
MarquelMarie chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
Umm freaking wonderful I love this story and hav missed it I. The absence of updates I hope that you update soon because I literally keep looking at my email to see if you have and we'll I'm going mad so whenever you wish to put me out of my misery :) you are wonderful good day.
MSCOCO chapter 18 . 5/21/2013
poor Neville he didn't want to be noble he want to live, and hermione sounds crazy as hell still and snape he nuts too! thats war thanks for the update im looking forward to you wrapping this nicely.
lauren190388 chapter 18 . 5/11/2013
I'm really loving this story, its more realistic to me that the relationship would happen this way - my pet peeve with hg/ss is when they seem to sit down and talk about their feelings meh! Please finish!
KatG chapter 18 . 5/10/2013
This story exudes emotion. Intense, visceral and uncomfortable emotion that you feel you must detach yourself from because it's so overwhelming. It comes through your writing very strongly. Normally, sshg is my happy place (after canon broke my heart) and, well, even though this one certainly isn't any kind of happy, I still love it to pieces. I'm almost entirely sure there won't be a happy ending to this (I can only hope!) but you can be sure this reader of yours stays till the end. Your vocabulary is fantastic. Your style is raw and gripping and I congratulate you. I hope to be able to read whatever you will be writing in the future, be it fanfic or entirely original work. Here's hoping you get the inspiration to return to this one soon. Thank you.
314 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »