Reviews for Self Slain Gods on Strange Altars
an alcoholic chapter 20 . 10/18/2014
Well, whether you update or not, I want you to know this is easily one of - if not THE - best Snape/Hermione I've ever read and I've been reading this pairing for over six years. Not sure if that's a valid qualification. But still. This story is amazing.
an alcoholic chapter 10 . 10/13/2014
Holy shit, this has to be one of the most erotic (in the sense that it's not just hot, or smutty, or just plain sexy) fics I've read. No other word covers it.
Jemennuie chapter 16 . 9/13/2014
Another great chapter! I'll be curious to see what happens with the war in future chapters and how/if Snape will play a role in the war.
Jemennuie chapter 15 . 9/12/2014
So in chapter 13 I was really convinced that Snape was dead but hoping he wasn't, and then at the funeral when they mentioned there was no body I thought "Hm, well, that would be a way for him to still be alive, but on the other hand this story is so dark (although in a good way) that he might actually be dead", so I was excited to learn more in this chapter relating to that.
Jemennuie chapter 14 . 9/12/2014
Another interesting chapter; I'm getting really curious where the story is going to go next, since you do such a good job of capturing the never-ending drudgery of war.
Jemennuie chapter 13 . 9/12/2014
I was really curious where you going to take this story after the end of the 6th year and delving into the noncanon twist of the war keeps going even after the Battle of Hogwarts is definitely interesting to read. I really liked how you had Cho and Hermione be kind-of-friends, although I was a bit confused if Parkinson was killed when she was on their side or the other/DE side (I'm assuming she was on the DE side but the phrasing in that section tripped me up for a second.) I thought for most of this chapter that you had gone down a noncanon path and had Snape not die, so it was definitely a surprise to learn that apparently he is dead; I'm curious to keep reading and see if there are any more twists to that (or if there will at least be flashbacks for more Snape/Hermione interaction or something).
Jemennuie chapter 12 . 9/12/2014
Another magnificently poetic chapter. The last two lines of this chapter are especially amazing and could be stand alone poetry; I think they're my favorite lines in the entire story so far.
narratively chapter 19 . 9/9/2014
Please, please come back.
narratively chapter 17 . 9/9/2014
So many very wonderful lines in this chapter, I don't think I could list them all. Loving your work, Scum!
Polyplectron chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Absolutely love this story so far cannot wait to read it all! Snape freaks me out and that is why I love this.
narratively chapter 13 . 9/7/2014
I. Can't. Stop. Reading. It's 11:26pm, and I'm half a dozen chapters from the end. I think.
narratively chapter 11 . 9/7/2014
I'm only halfway through this chapter, but I just have to write this out. I've been waiting for that moment, that utterly romantic, over-the-top swoon, when they get together, and they get each other - get what the other actually means.

And I've just, finally, realized that your writing isn't like that. It isn't about two people slowly working each other out. It's about war. And how war breaks us. And how, since we're constantly at war, we're all broken, and maybe we won't ever be fixed.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm completely in love with your work. I do hope you'll come back to it someday.
narratively chapter 6 . 9/7/2014
There are so many wonderful lines in this chapter, but I must say this one is my favorite: "...an entire generation sloughed off the face of the earth."
narratively chapter 5 . 9/7/2014
Haven't finished the chapter yet, but the sentence: "In the end it doesn’t matter if you are only sixteen, because no one will wait for you to grow up and find your way out." stuck out as a beautiful bit of foreshadowing for someone who really might have deserved it. Just wanted to write to say how lovely your thought-dialogue is before I continued on with the rest of the chapter.
narratively chapter 3 . 9/7/2014
That last paragraph is so very, very good.
288 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »