Reviews for Self Slain Gods on Strange Altars
narratively chapter 6 . 9/7/2014
There are so many wonderful lines in this chapter, but I must say this one is my favorite: "...an entire generation sloughed off the face of the earth."
narratively chapter 5 . 9/7/2014
Haven't finished the chapter yet, but the sentence: "In the end it doesn’t matter if you are only sixteen, because no one will wait for you to grow up and find your way out." stuck out as a beautiful bit of foreshadowing for someone who really might have deserved it. Just wanted to write to say how lovely your thought-dialogue is before I continued on with the rest of the chapter.
narratively chapter 3 . 9/7/2014
That last paragraph is so very, very good.
narratively chapter 2 . 9/7/2014
Wonderful job building tension. Really looking forward to how you'll unfold it all.
narratively chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
"He is a tempest fitted to a frame, a fury bottled and corked."

This is absolutely, without a doubt, one of my favorite fanfic sentences ever written.

I'm already in love with your writing.
narratively chapter 20 . 9/7/2014
Just sending a little HPlove, good universe vibes, and general encouragement your way. Hope you are doing well :)
Jemennuie chapter 11 . 9/3/2014
Another great ending to the chapter, and I like how fluidly you intertwine your plot with canon events.
Jemennuie chapter 10 . 9/2/2014
Ohh, man, that is a *fantastic* ending. Just: bam! Concise yet strong and heart-breaking and wonderfully poetic.
Bedazzled1918 chapter 20 . 8/31/2014
Hey I just wanted to say I loved this...hope you find your way back to it one day.
Jemennuie chapter 9 . 8/21/2014
Another great chapter!
Jemennuie chapter 8 . 8/17/2014
I really liked the parallel you had between the beginning and the end of the chapter, it was a very poetic and beautiful way to open and close. I also really liked how you wrote Moody and that Hermione's parents are still trying to have her learn Muggle science even though she's a witch.
Jemennuie chapter 7 . 8/17/2014
Ah, wow, I definitely wasn't expecting that Hermione/Snape kiss. And dang, drunk!Snape is scary.

Oh, also, I meant to say this in my review for last chapter, but I really like your characterization of Neville; he's very likeable (Dean Thomas in this chapter, too).

Anyway, another great chapter!
Jemennuie chapter 6 . 8/17/2014
Hahaha, wow, that's not a way I've heard about DEs being called before; it's definitely creative, and not something I would have thought of. I felt so awkward for Hermione for that entire scene.

It'll be interesting to see how Hermione helping Snape out with the potion will turn out.
Jemennuie chapter 5 . 8/14/2014
Man, Malfoy is brutal in this chapter. The fight scene was written really well and was (sometimes disturbingly) very easy to visualize. The part talking about the colliding galaxies was also creative and a great lead-in to Harry's (very IC) talking, props for that.
Jemennuie chapter 4 . 8/11/2014
Another great chapter, although I feel bad for Hermione, what with Snape being so mean to her all the time. I think the part about Ron being a skilled snorer and his reaction to that was my favorite line, haha.
291 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »