Reviews for Self Slain Gods on Strange Altars
xlenaleex chapter 20 . 4/26/2020
Shit...okay. Okay...I get it. I’m sad as hell but I get it. Thank you for sharing this much with us.
xlenaleex chapter 7 . 4/26/2020
Your writing style is sooo compelling
allpall123 chapter 20 . 4/26/2020
Re-read this story twice within the last two weeks alone. It is truly incredible to read, your writing is beautiful and haunting. Thank you so much for this!
xlenaleex chapter 4 . 4/26/2020
I was once so nervous on a date that while reapplying lipgloss I began to ramble on about how I “totally wasn’t applying lipgloss because I thought you would kiss me. Not that I want you to kiss me. Not that I would mind if you did though. I’m just putting on lipgloss cause I wanted to is what I’m trying to say.” ...Those words actually left my mouth lol! Inside I was screaming “Lena shut up!” So I felt Hermione soooo hard LOL!
xlenaleex chapter 3 . 4/26/2020
O_O...this was so hauntingly beautiful. That last scene will stay with me for quite awhile. You did a damn good job!
TheBookImaginarium chapter 19 . 4/20/2020
I just came back and re-read this story again, for the third time and I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love it so much! The characterization for Snape is so layered and amazing that I am absolutely obsessed with it. I love the journey Hermione’s feelings for Snape take. I love the way you’ve weaved canon throughout. I especially love how you’ve veered different at the end of canon. The portrayal of the characters as adults and the impact war has had on them is so well done, especially Hermione. But also Dean’s descent into depression and darkness. Anyway, this story is definitely a favorite and I will keep coming back to reread it many times in the future!
blueberry222001 chapter 20 . 4/19/2020
Last comment, I swear: this story was amazing. You have a true talent, my friend. Your skillful artwork and beautifully crafted ideas in this story are not lost on me, and there have been times when I needed to sit alone for an hour just to digest and unpack what you have written. I sincerely hope that you are still writing in any capacity (whether for fun or otherwise) because I'd hate to think of such a talented author not putting their gifts to good use. Thank you for all of this.
blueberry222001 chapter 17 . 4/19/2020
Oh my goodness as soon as I read the words Die Hard, I was already in hysterics. Thank you for this
blueberry222001 chapter 7 . 4/18/2020
You know what this is? It's freaking poetry. Some lines I am literally reading aloud because I need to savour them. This story is beautiful and I don't want it to end
Guest chapter 14 . 3/19/2020
Thank you so, so much for writing this. It has been an experience. I've only just dipped back into the world of fanfiction (I started reading years ago and have since gone into hiatus) and I'm glad I returned. I'm so glad I found your work. I hope it doesn't sound put-on or exaggerated to say that this is one of the best (probably THE best) fanfiction I've ever read, across all pairings I've been attached to. Everything else I've read pales in comparison.

I hope you will be able to come back to this story. Wherever you are, I hope you are well. Thank you again for writing this.

-A
allpall123 chapter 1 . 3/15/2020
This story is probably the best SSHG that I have ever read. Your writing is honestly incredible and so beautiful. I know it’s been years since this has been updated but I really hope that by some miracle inspiration strikes you to finish this masterpiece. I enjoyed reading it so so much! Thank you!
Paersephone chapter 14 . 2/3/2020
Okay. Okay. I need a break. I’ve been reading this wonder of a story since... Well, last night from about midnight to 3:30 am and I passed out while reading it and then I continued today. It’s just. It’s raw. Almost dirty, tainting somehow. Beautifully, beautifully written, enthralling, mesmerising. It’s tainting and it confronts and challenges me to what I actually like to read and drags me to the boundaries of what I can actually endured. But I need. a. break.
This is so intense and incredibly good I can’t read it all at once. Does that make sense? It has never happened to me before.
The war is absolutely awful. What it does to them is awful. The way he’s dead and she just carries on is something I never read before in a fanfic about this pairing. God. God this is good. This is so good it clenches my gut and makes me want to cry. Thank you.
McLoving Grey's chapter 20 . 1/13/2020
So I'm not sure how I never stumbled upon your story before, since I've been reading a lot of HGxSS in the last years. But BOY am I glad I did find it. Your story took me on an amazingly emotional roller-coaster ride that I didn't want to get off of. I was hooked. I love your writing, the in depth descriptions and the fact that you shared this story with us. I am glad to hear that writing this story was an outlet for you and that its helped you to feel better. (Just a bit sad that you'll probably not come back to it.) I think your story is great potential and I would love to see you continue writing it. Perhaps if you decided to start turning the story in a more positive direction (the war finally ends, etc), you'd feel more interest in continuing it. But hey, in the end I'm really glad I found your story and got to be part of this journey. Definitely one of my favs!
McLoving Grey's chapter 1 . 1/12/2020
Yep, I am already hooked. Hooked. The detail and finesse you use to describe things is mesmerising. I can't urge my eyes to read fast enough to find out what will happen next.
aelfwynne chapter 20 . 12/27/2019
Nup.. no judgement here. I’ll just quietly make myself a little arse groove here on your proverbial demon-couch and make smoochy puppy eyes at ya for as long as you’ll have me
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »