Reviews for Go, Soccer Player, Go!
Nice chapter
I wanna see the next meeting between akira and hikaru.. hope it will turn okay
Elon chapter 54 . 3/21
I just want to tell you how I really enjoyed reading this! It's refreshing to see the other side of Hikaru outside of go. Please keep this up! I will definitely be following this. Thanks for sharing your work
Mari Rey chapter 54 . 3/18
I love what you have done with Hikaru. This whole story is amazing and the charecters work well with each other. The foreshadowing is great as well. Thank you for writing this.
reesessweetie chapter 54 . 3/16
aww.. i guess hikaru won't be joining the pro go world anytime soon. but he has to do what he's most passionate about. no one can fault him for htat. im glad he has shinji to talk to. i hope with time, hikaru and touya will start to make up even if hikaru doesn't go pro, he can still play with touya for the fun of it. he loves go. i dont' want to see him stop playing ever.
Girl-luvs-manga chapter 54 . 3/15
There's nothing wrong with being emo.
SoulC chapter 54 . 3/15
It makes me really happy whenever I see an update to this. I love Hikaru no go, but I believe you are the only one that still writes for this series
Holding grudges doesn't seem typical for this Hikaru. I'm glad he is finally realizing he can do both go and soccer. Now the fun can begin! I imagine his go strategy will continue to improve his soccer skills and his hard work and persistence with soccer can only help in go, especially when Sai leaves...I can't imagine this Hikaru quitting something important to him. The talk with Shinji seems to foreshadow that situation a bit.
ShipWithFervor chapter 54 . 3/15
Nice, I wonder if Akira will ever apologize and if Hikaru will consider doing both go and soccer.
fatesmask chapter 54 . 3/15
nice chapter
BBLimits chapter 54 . 3/15
About the a.n. - Yeah, I thought so ;)
But I really liked this chapter - both the little 'Mitani won't eat with me' time and the space given to Shinji, especially the part about the injury and going pro.
Naosj chapter 54 . 3/15
This chapter was particularly good. We get to see different dimensions of character development and how this story branches out thematically.

However, from the direction I see your story going, I think it'll have the same trouble the original series had at the end, where the hook, Sai, becomes a nuisance rather than an integral part of the story. Sai has a limited capacity for interacting with other characters and the impact of his revelation to the world at large would have had longstanding story-line rippling consequences. It was the easy way out for the original author to just phase him out of existence when he was most likely the reason people started to read a manga about "Go" in the first place.

I think, since Hikaru isn't even a professional Go player now, Sai will have even less to say or do unless you actually focus on him and expand his role. I don't think I could stomach what will inevitably devolve into another bildungsroman between boyhood friendships and perseverance if Sai disappears or is completely neglected.
Cyrus Lowe-Monterrey chapter 54 . 3/14
Oh, I love this. I hope Hikaru decides that he's done with Touya until the other boy understands what he did wrong, that demanding Hikaru drop Soccer means he does not respect Hikaru free will as a free person, and grovelled for forgiveness. But Hikaru probably won't, eh? If he's in character.

Barring that I hope Mitani doesn't let Touya be a retard and think he's in the right. I think a few whacks over the head wouldn't be amiss, neither would a few anvils.

But I really do love that Sai knew that he shouldn't do anything to influence Hikaru one way or another. He's become a really good big brother, hasn't he?

Cheers
ShaeLee99 chapter 54 . 3/14
I just really love this story. You do such a great job keeping everyone in character, and your chapters are always consistent in tone, and I just REALLY LOVE this story!
greymouser chapter 54 . 3/14
Nice character development with Shinji.
no name chapter 53 . 3/12
I was really excited to see that they finally had their match. I look forward to the change from soccer to go. Good work!