Reviews for The place we need to have
PattyCake17 chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
Love this story. Thanks!
momentofbored chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
I love it!
emiwat14 chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
thats was sweet!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
ugh STOP this was fantastic! You wrote Damon and Elena so well that it physically hurts WHY UGH
Also I don't believe in the freaking sire bond, I think the only person who really does is Stefan because he's a jealous bitch haha
moonandstar331 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Aww, this was such a tear jerker. You poured so much emotion into both Damon and Elena, which is how it should be. I think you captured them perfectly! Great job!
mabscifiromantic chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
A really great way to get them together. Ric is SO my hero.
Layla Reyne chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Thanks for the extra helping of angst there, PBK! While this was told from Elena's POV, the words, actions, appearance, etc. she perceived in/from Damon was so vividly clear that you also amazingly nailed his current angst-filled existence re the whole sire bond. The diary was a great gift idea - and he new without even reading it what it would say. Loved seeing Elena fight for him. And the touches of Alaric scattered thought were both gut-wrenching and beautiful. Thanks for venturing into the DE realm to share this lovely story with us!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I get too emotional over this otp, i swear. I love, love, LOVED this one-shot. (:
ElvishGrrl chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Oh my God, PBK. This is the best thing ever. The best Christmas o/s I have read, by far. How do you manage to do this to me? You wrench all these deep hidden emotions out of me that I didn't even know were lurking down there anymore. No-one writes this kind of thing better than you do. No one. I am in f*cking awe of your talent.
I love the whole godd*mn thing but I'll pull out some of the bits that grabbed my heart and squeezed it tight:

"Some days I don't think I even want to, anymore." - Gah, Damon saying this line made everything hurt. Cause it's so exactly how I believe he would be feeling.

If she could, she would have heard him say "Don't give up on him. Everyone always does."
Maybe she heard it anyway, a little. - Again, perfection. So, so true. For 170 years, it's been true. Elena is the only one I think he's been truly unsuccessful in pushing away.

Damon rolled his eyes. Christ, he looked young when he did that, a boy not getting his own way. - Perfect and so true and I love the image.

Eyes red and burning and so sad Elena thought her heart would crack in two. - Mine just did. Argh. You always make me cry. Why do you always make me cry?

"Or the way I sneak in here and lie on your bed sometimes, to breathe you in. " - so exactly what I think she would do. And exactly what he would do if the roles were reversed. Spot on.

Desire was so inelegant. - this made me laugh in the truth of this statement. Completely exactly right.

Hope and fear and love, and maybe a bit of rage, too, because Damon was too used to getting the carpet pulled out from under him, and was always expecting the worst. - Aww. Yep. It's such an ingrained part of how he perceives the world now and it makes me hurt for him and want to just fix the entire world just for making him react like this.

he said it like it hurt to say but he said it, and that was what counted. - Exactly how I would perceive this moment. You captured it perfectly in character and I could feeeeeeel it.

They spoke in whispers and kissed and touched and didn't stop touching, as the snow began to fall in soft drifts in the dark blue light of the midwinter night. - Perfection. All my emotions ache after reading this.

How are you for real? Everything about the way you write just blows me right the f*ck away, PBK. There is no one better. You are the Queen, The King and The Empress of angst and hurt/comfort and romance and everything that is good in the world of writing.

*bows down to you* I think maybe I love you a little bit just for for giving me this today. :)

Thank you. Sincerely.
J.
kaybaby1127 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
ugh hate the sire bond of an excuse .. i miss alaric too!
stardustshop chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
This was beautiful. It emotionally overwhelmed me. I started crying along side Elena and by the end I was literally bawling my eyes out.
Damon's angst wonderful, his pain so raw. And his inability to accept that someone, and someone like Elena at that, could and should love him breaks my heart. You've brought him to this deep dark place and kept him in character so effortlessly.
Elena and Elena's diary was the greatest thing. She fought so hard because she knew her love, their love is real and stronger than anything. I love how she was willing to just hand him over the diary, that vital piece of her, as a proof of her feelings before and after she turned. She screamed and pleaded and cried because she knew that's what he need to get it trough his stubborn head. She wouldn't give up, just like Alaric told her.
And Alaric. Of course he's there watching over and taking care of and guiding them. I loved all these subtle details about Damon and Ric's relationship and their understanding of each other.
Anyway, this review is long and boring. The bottom line is that your narrative is flawless, and you've captured the depths of the characters perfectly. Amazing work, it was a true joy and honor to be able to read it. :)
Dee218 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
God, this fic woke up so many feels I simply can not handle them. I absolutely LOVE how you always seem to come up with the best ways to describe the small but meaningful interactions between Damon and Alaric. Not to mention your Damon, the snarkiness/emotion is just spot on! We have to have Alaric back!:(
LoveEpicLove chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Well, I loved this. As always, you capture Alaric and Damon perfectly and I love the way you've used it further the DE romance. This prompt was perfect for you. Wonderful job. XOXO
Fontainebleau01 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
bawling my eyes out.
it was amazing.
scarlett2112 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Love the thought of *spectral Alaric* looking over his little family. You know how to twist the dagger in with Damon presented like this. Alaric was absolutely correct, everyone gives up on him from his father, Katherine, Stefan even believes him to be the worst person on the planet at times. Ric, through no fault of his own, left him too. That was probably the deepest cut for him. He finally gets the girl only to have that bright, shining, rare moment of happiness so cruelly ripped away from him. Elena has given him plenty of reasons to doubt that what she feels has no relationship to the bond. I think the diary was the perfect gift because it's in those pages that she was honest with herself about her feelings for Damon. He can see the things she wrote before this bond was even a glimmer on the horizon. She finally got him to drop the armor!
This is so poignant. It delivers the gut punch in just the right way.
Have a lovely weekend. Carol