Reviews for A Glad Day by Lisalu
I am happy this is here just in case the original website disappears. This is the ultimate B/V story!
seecoreczka chapter 5 . 3/18
Well, the summary wasn't lying. This is a masterpiece.
suzimace chapter 5 . 10/8/2019
oh my. i love this story so bloooming much! i would love there to be more of this but sadly i feel thats not to be the case. such an amazing story. thank you for this. x
suzimace chapter 4 . 10/7/2019
omg! love. it. love. it. love. it! x
suzimace chapter 3 . 10/6/2019
best story ever! its taking me forever to read atm, but bloody hell its well worth it! cant wait to read the rest! thank you. x
ILiekFishes chapter 1 . 1/8/2018
Ya baited me
M.Lstarlake chapter 1 . 7/3/2017
Thanks for share :)
Zerrah chapter 1 . 2/1/2017
Thank you for posting this. Lisalu is a fantastic writer, probably the best Bulma/Vegeta fanfic writer in fandom. I remember reading this years ago, but I didn't realize how long it was! For people who like this fic, her other works, including World Enough and Time, and Red Dragon Tetralogy (this one is unfinished), are both fantastic, although not as dark as A Glad Day. I disagree with another review that the ending seemed almost too perfect, or that she seemed to leave it open for a sequel. I think her writing reflects the epic story arches combined with optimistic endings of the Dragon Balls series.
Flaming Beauty chapter 5 . 11/17/2016
Thanks for posting it was a good story
ladyunebarton chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
I just want to say that I finished this fanfic on 22/09/2016. And it was crazy from pi a pan as we say in spanish. I made a rec about it on my tumblr blog and I encorage other to read this thing. I will post my review as seen there.

After three damn long weeks, I come before you with the ultimate –fuck-me-up- fanfic in this fandom. This thing is insanely huge!. I mean it took me a long time to read it from beginning to end, but I needed breaks to go the toilets and others to fucking breath after reading some gruesome lines.
Its so damn long I cant even point to something specific about the plot. It happens so fucking much that I got swarmed by feels!. It is very well written even if there are some typos, but the descriptions are superb, and the emotions are just too much, any sane person would be fucking raving mad by the end of the fanfic.
This is the ultimate "Bulma is taken to Vegita-sei as a slave and catches the eye of the Saiyan no Ouji." Au. Where she has to live to please his masters and plot her revenge.
I’m not gonna lie, this shit is good. But as everything it has some points that make me doubt about rec it. About halfway we got to see the other side of the coin, and even if we do learns a lot about the characters motivations and feelings, it is troublesome to read everything again even if is in a different perspective. And the ending feels rushed, like the author wanted to make a long saga out of this and needed to plant a much plot seeds for the sequel as possible. That really just fucks me up because we will never know where this was going.
And that’s another fuck up with this fanfic. Apparently the original author went lost in action a few years back and the only reason this fanfic is even on fanfiction net is because some fan uploaded it with the only interest of not losing it. There’s a morale debate about it, cuz you know the author never gave his permission to that. But otherwise, this jewel would be lost to us!. So please don’t flag it or something. If you want, you can read it in the original site where the author uploaded. Also it has is own tropes page.
You have been warned. This fanfics contains blood, rape, torture, fuck up themes, dead characters.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/7/2016
I left the fandom before this was published or maybe the first time around I just never got to the side of the internet that the original was posted on (because at the time there weren't mass collection sites like ) but reading this makes me so glad I've returned to the fandom.

It's an AU and speculation abounds when you change things as formative as an upbringing. Vegeta and Bulma's character accuracy mean nothing to me when a story is this good. For the story they are exactly who they need to be. My soul did an ugly cry more than once while reading it. They suffered. They were WRONG, they did bad things and very bad things happened, but in order for redemption to be and taste so sweet there needs to be bad.

It's just a pity that the author will never know (?) how well her fics are received and how integral to a fandom they are. I hope/wish/pray that she has gone on to become a published author with original works, even though I'll never be able to connect the two dots.
chicamarioneta chapter 5 . 1/4/2016
This is a great story and I congratulate the author for his beautiful work, I do not like to see vegeta out of character, but in this story is justified very well because after all, he was broken when he was a prisoner, it was an experience that would change anyone and that justifies great personality in the second part of the story, I want to say also that I like the realistic approach to work, the pain bulma losing his beautiful son moved me greatly and It is the main reason as the drama unfolds. beautiful and distressing to read, I would have liked an ending to be happy forever but given all suffering that they lived i think it was a good ending that stay: open to hope. excuse my spelling mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.
Spellweaver chapter 5 . 9/25/2015
I have to add that now that I reread that part the ending seems to complete what Bulma had said and wanted: "We were supposed to meet another way, begin another way."
So this is actually the new beginning they both wanted but couldn't have before. All the action, the angst and Vegeta's pessimistic thoughts make you forget that.
Spellweaver10 chapter 5 . 9/25/2015
Amazing story.
There were a few things that I disliked. First of all at the end Vegeta was too submissive to Bulma and the ending was less emotionaly charged that one would expect it to be(it would be far better if we had seen it from Bulma's point of view or make Bulma's feelings clearer, since it is her that betrayed him, and even at the end didn't even asked him to forgive her and she seems a little apprehensive).
Also the fact that she arrives just after all the captured Saiyans died, meets Vegeta just before he dies and having the means to beat Jaece and imprison him forever in the planet seems too unrealistic to me. It's like she has the answer to every problem.
Other than that it was a very well written and engaging story. It took me quite a lot of time to read it but I didn't regret it a bit. It is realistic and all the characters are well made and portrayed.
Both characters were at fault and it seems to me that Vegeta payed for his much more than Bulma did(maybe it seems that way because most of this story is from his point of view) and I didn't know if they would end up together or even if they should. There were so many mistakes from both sides and so much hate. But now I am glad of the happy ending.
I think this story deserved an epilogue with Bulma's life on Namek before Vegeta and after Vegeta so we can see the changes and how they patched up/reformed their relationship.
ps. I wasn't going to write a review since you are not the author but hey.. ;)
leneypoo chapter 5 . 7/1/2015
This is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read.

I've always had a bit of an issue with Bulma/Vegeta fics where Bulma is a survivor of an Earth purge made into a slave. These stories can be very well written, but I'm always taken out of the story if I think too much about the portrayal of slavery. I would think to myself, if Bulma was really a slave on Planet Vegeta, Bulma and Vegeta falling in love would be very very difficult if not impossible. Vegeta would be pretty much a lost cause being raised as the prince of a society who sees nothing wrong with enslaving lesser species. Maybe he could have obsession, maybe he could be very possessive, but you can't love someone you don't actually see as a person.

Bulma on the other hand would probably be a part of a secret resistance effort, if not the leader herself. Maybe she'd ingratiate herself with the higher ups for access/information/some level of freedom, but loving her slave master? It would be very difficult.

Difficult but clearly not impossible as this fic proves.

My favorite chapter was chapter 4 with Bulma's side of the story. It made me realize that Vegeta was a really unreliable narrator, that I forgot that of course Bulma's experience of it would be completely different.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »