Reviews for Les Hommes de la Miséricorde
thenorkfiles chapter 41 . 7/9
That... was absolutely beautiful. My heart is swelling. There are no words. Thank you. Thank you for writing this.
Once again include more of gavroche
Moor if gavroche
He better tell her
I love it
I see
thenorkfiles chapter 14 . 6/20
I am at work right now and I'm not even finished with this chapter yet, but I am about to cry.
What are you doing to my feelings
(Seriously though, I can't stop reading.)
L'Abaisse chapter 41 . 6/13
This is honestly the best fanfiction I've ever read (and that's saying a lot given that I've read probably thousands).
I loved every moment of reading this, even though it's about as long as the longest book I've ever read and it took me a few days to get through.
I went from sad at Jehan's death to defeated, then relieved and happy, then frustrated with Enjolras and angry with Combeferre, back to happy and sad, and eventually victorious and elated at the end. Your story brought me on a great journey, much like the canon story of Les Mis does, and I enjoyed that journey immensely, even if it was quite emotional.
So thank you.
hansbmd chapter 41 . 1/24
This was such a beautiful story! It's taken me a long time to read it, but it was worth every minute. The way you delved into each character so deeply, you formed a connection with them as the author, which allowed us as readers to form that same connection. I could easily imagine it all as I read, I felt transported into 19th century France just reading it. From breaking and recovering with Enjolras, to overcoming alcoholism with Grantaire, to Javert's literal and metaphorical opening of the eyes and his growth, to Cosette's inner beauty, and finally, to Valjean finally learning to be happy again (and not dying on Cosette's wedding night, thank you for that!), this story was such a beautiful way to round out both the novel and the musical of Les Miserables. This was how it should have gone! My favorite thing was that you incorporated so many lines from both the novel and the musical, integrating them so seamlessly into the reflections on each person. I sort of wish it had ended with the "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise" from the musical, but the ending was still perfect! And it came full circle too, which was so nice, beginning with the barricade falling and ending with a barricade victorious. It all begins and ends with Paris, and Enjolras is there to see it. This was so well done, and reflects such a deep knowledge and understanding of the subject matter, both historical and fictional, the characters psyches, it all just flowed so brilliantly. I was crying by the end. Give yourself a pat on the back and indulge yourself in your favorite treat, because you certainly deserve it! This story is one to be immensely proud of! Well done!
Pica Britanica chapter 41 . 12/6/2015
I finally found the time to finish reading this story and I'm so glad I did. It is truly spectacular. I find it hard to put into words just how much I adore this story. It is truly magnificent.
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 41 . 9/30/2015
OMG YES!
I'm so immensely happy that they lived to see their dream come true!
(Also, Cosette and Marius' children are adorable!)
This is the best, well written, most angst filled, (happy ending), emotionally filled fanfic I have ever read!
:D
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 40 . 9/30/2015
I love the dream parts! Signing it as A.B.C. is genius. Also, 'although there are only five people in the room, nine of them breathe as one'
Also the last part was adorable! Their friendship is so precious. After all they have been through they deserve to be happy.
Good for Enjolras to pretend to be hurt. Valjean laughing!
I love that fact that their friends are still there with them.
:D
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 39 . 9/30/2015
Aww!
I'm so glad that Combeferre is going to get a job and that both Grantaire and Enjolras are recovering!
Yay!
And Jevert apologised! :D
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 37 . 9/28/2015
It was going so well...
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 36 . 9/28/2015
It's great that Gavroche has friends! And Enjolras is teaching them all to read.
It's going to be interesting to find out what is going to happen now that Enjolras knows that Javert is there.