Reviews for The Princess of Glasgowania
Leviafan chapter 9 . 2/5
I like this fanfiction a lot! I don't understand the last part, though. KEEP WRITING!
piperholly7 chapter 9 . 12/15/2014
Update, please! What happens at 7:00? I need to know these things!
Just a lone Wolf chapter 9 . 12/14/2014
bobby micbobalot chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
What! Cliffhangers! ! :O
Crystal Song chapter 9 . 9/29/2014
Okay I'm gonna start a chant... Update! Update! Update! Okay chanting done. AMAZING FIC! Hilarious too. First modern day AU for the leviathan trilogy I've actually liked! Keep writing! You're doing an amazing job.
Crystal Song
Summer Styles chapter 9 . 9/4/2014
Is Jaspert referring to her episodes?
Clevingerrr chapter 9 . 9/1/2014
A shorter chapter, but a decent one nonetheless. Your writing style is still easy-to-read and grammatically it works out well. But...
At the risk of sounding rude, the "Deryn insists on hiding her gender from Alek" bit is becoming grating now. I understand that you did it to tie this in with the novels, but it makes little to no sense in a modern AU like this one. All it is doing is holding up the plot and making the side characters (rightfully) question why they have to hide her identity. While Deryn is a little more unstable in this fanfic, she should still be brave enough to confront her fears and tell Alek the truth. If not, then that robs her of what makes her unique compared to a typical female protagonist in a teen novel. I can only hope that it finally gets dropped in the next chapter, otherwise, I think the overall pace and flow of the fanfic will suffer greatly.
Summer Styles chapter 8 . 6/29/2014
"...gotta love Canada."
Smart Girl chapter 8 . 6/28/2014
Double update, yay! Interesting chapters. Very eventful. Alek's confusion was very amusing.
And reading that last chapter was quite a flashback.
Summer Styles chapter 7 . 6/25/2014
Just read this in school. I'll read chapter 8 later. OHHHH DER-I mean-DYLAN YOU TOLD!
Clevingerrr chapter 8 . 6/24/2014
Glad to finally see an update for this fanfic! I was worried that it had been forgotten about or abandoned.

The plot's progressing along interestingly so far. I like the gradual revelations regarding Deryn's mental condition, and the unprecedented focus on Newkirk is fantastic for a community that seems to ignore him. While they are a bit "off" in characterization, it can easily be chalked up to the AU theme of the story. Alek's spot-on, and the parallel between his parents' death in both universes was a nice twist on the relatively straightforward plotline for him. Fitzroy and Lilit's additions felt a bit shoehorned in, but I understand why you chose to include them (rounding out the cast, introducing a potential means for Deryn to overcome her trauma).

There are some aspects that are throwing me off, though. The continued hiding of Deryn's gender is a bit tiresome at this point, as there's no real reason for her to keep her identity secret from the guy she is supposed to be in love with. It seems to be holding back the story's progression too much. In addition, Newkirk's handling of her mental condition is kind of unsettling. She's clearly a schizophrenic (at least, judging by the symptoms she is showing in the plot), but Newkirk never bothered to tell anyone, not even a doctor that could potentially medicate her and help her cope with the mental issues she is facing. Isn't that very irresponsible to do? I dunno, maybe I'm looking into it too much, but it just seems...unusual.

Still a solid story overall, though, and I'm happy that you updated it. Keep on writing; I'm eager to read what happens next!
Clevingerrr chapter 6 . 5/28/2014
This is certainly a different take on the AU possibilities of the Leviathan series, but it works much better than I imagined it would. It's a novel concept for a story that keeps your attention fairly well, and has some nice buildup to the eventual encounter between Deryn and Alek. I thought that having Newkirk as the central narrator was a nice touch, especially since he often gets shafted in favor of the two central protagonists in most fanfics. Also, grammatically, this is solid.

Some aspects of the story are a bit confusing, though. The situation with Deryn and her father's death/hallucinations is confusing to follow, even after the nature of the incident is revealed. It could just be because we're only 6 chapters in, but it feels a bit...under-explained so far. Also, the nature of the contest is a bit of a stretch, although still within the regular suspension of belief for the series.

Overall, it's a unique experience and a pleasure to read. I'll definitely be on the lookout for Chapter 7, whenever it comes out!
Summer Styles chapter 6 . 1/27/2014

When I read the part where Alek woke up my breath hitched. I felt like I was her, just staring at him. Like, wow.
InfernoLeo9 chapter 6 . 1/26/2014
Seems a bit weird now, but still, wow!
Smart Girl chapter 6 . 1/26/2014
Oh Deryn. What have you gotten yourself into?
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »