Reviews for So that the world might be mended
undeadyeti chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
This story is now in my head as the cannon way Demons's Souls ended thank you profusely for sharing this with us all thank you.
rc48177 chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
cool. I hope you do a chapter when they wake up. that would be cool
Darklink1011 chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
have to say i love the ending.
it leaves it both concluded and slightly open ended.
plus i love the tie in with the title of the story.
The Night Hunter chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
I not happy and sad. Both for the same reason that this masterpiece ended. Great finish, I have to say that this was one of the best stories I've read on this whole site. I will surely miss it but I can always read it again. I really hope for some follow up chapter or two because I really want more of that.
I hope that you writer another story here.
I wish you best luck with your proffesional writting.
Night Hunter
Eric Soo chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
Maichen M,

Thank you for leading us through this journey. "So that the world might be mended" is even better than the game; I will surely re-read this in the future. Bless you for the time you have invested in this story. It is an inspiration for me to continue writing, and I look forward to reading your future literary endeavors.
Baradine chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
Good Ending. I'm looking forward to your next work.
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
Beautiful. Thank you for fleshing out one of my favorite games... and somehow managing to wrangle a happy ending out of one of the most grimdark fictional worlds I have ever played through. This has been a blast and I'm grateful you amanged to finish it.
Kiue Jin chapter 31 . 8/23/2014
*All he can do is clap.* This... was beautiful.

A part of me wishes that this was how Demon Souls ended and I believe a part of me will accept this as a kind of head cannon. Thank you for writing this.
Transfigurator chapter 29 . 8/21/2014
Ok. I finally got access to this chapter.

And that's an intense one, altough False King defeated by "The Power Of Friendship TM" somehow amused me XD.
Biorr was a damn Terminator XD but sadly both him and Ostrava had to die to stay close to canon.

And that means no happy ending for the Nameless and Maiden as well. But opposing to what Allant said now, you get Maiden's soul when you don't kill her, for whatever reason. But it's still just a weak consolation prize for the loss of the cute lady ;_;

Either way, I'm waiting for the final chapter eagerly. But I'm pretty sure I will tear up reading it :C
Varbos chapter 30 . 8/20/2014
It has been a long enjoyable road. I hope you succeed as a write, you most certainly are a good one. After this I will have to take a look at your other story.
FablePsycho chapter 30 . 8/20/2014
This is it, oh my god I am so excited, I mean HOLY CRAP. For the love of god Nameless, don't listen to Allant, he is a fool to think the old one is good. Congratulations writer, I am now in suspense, I really do hope Nameless makes the right choice, or else all these deaths will be for nothing.
The.Cypher808 chapter 30 . 8/20/2014
Heyo! Wow its been a long journey but its almost over aha. I really have enjoyed reading your story and I gotta say it puts the lore of Demon's Souls into a whole different perspective for me, I think I might give writing a fanfic about the game a try. But besides that chapter 30 was really intense but it was awesome I really enjoyed the moment when nameless cracked the augite and all the souls of the cast came out to help nameless one last time it was a really touching moment for myself. Im excited for the last chapter and I know its gonna be an awesome conclusion to the story, great work once more!

Praise the Sun!

-Cypher
Sashiel chapter 29 . 8/19/2014
Man! You saved Ostrava! That's a fantastic turn of events!

I meant to post sooner but I forgot my account's password (luckyly I had an epiphany and remembered it). I LOVE what you have done with the plot, this story is pretty epic and well composed I'm almost inches from printing it and put it in a hard cover along side my copy of Demon's Souls. You rock dude! I hope to read the end of this magnificent work impaciently and continue to enjoy your writing in the future!

Thanks!
The Night Hunter chapter 29 . 8/19/2014
Hell I'm getting so excited for the grand finale!
XcelltasticX chapter 28 . 8/11/2014
Two chapters in such quick succession?! What did we do to deserve that?

I like the depth you gave the False King. In the game they sort of imply some form of sentient demon though not many people seem to think that way. The same goes for the Old One who might just be more than driven by hunger alone. This creates something special. What it is I cannot tell. It was odd and uncomfortable the first time around but it grows on me so quickly that Im always pleasantly surprised every time it happens. Dont get me wrong; I like it very much, its just something special.

The fight scene of Her Champion, Mephistopheles and Freke was a little hazy at times though overall very fluid. Her last stand with a tar bomb was unexpected and quite fitting for her character.

I swear that these cliff hangers are going to be the death of me. Well, the delivered a pretty good set up for the next chapter. The Old One said in the previous chapter there would be two challengers facing the False King. We know it will probably boil down to Ostrava and Nameless but will Ostravas end be like the one in canon? He will be alone for a good while until Nameless shows up; long enough to commit suicide though? I guess we will see. If he survives we might just see a different ending altogether. Ill just have to wait and see. Until then.

Sincerely, XcelltasticX