Reviews for So that the world might be mended
Transfigurator chapter 25 . 6/5/2014
Mephistopheles may had the valid reasons to go all vengeful, but the more I see her the more I want her crushed by a boulder.

Maiden getting clingy to Sir Thomas is kind of cute and the fact she seems to instinctively go demonic to protect him is... Sweet in a creepy way. I whole heartedly approve XD

And why finally may get answers about Thomas' past since we got his name at last.

And then you came with cliffhanger and apparently for a longer period of time...
I already told you I'm waiting impatiently for next chapters even without cliffhangers so...

Anyway, nothings changed. I still want to read next chapter as eagerly as always. Good luck.
FablePsycho chapter 25 . 6/3/2014
I just have to say...I LOVE THIS STORY. I'm glad to see that someone is still writing a fanfiction on Demons souls, and it makes me even happier to be reading a good story. Really you just rock as a writer, I hope you continue this, because if you don't, I will send black phantoms after not really, I'd just get really depressed.
Caimthehero chapter 25 . 6/3/2014
Finally he gets a freaking Name! Love the update as the end slowly inches closer. I really want to hear about Sir Thomas now. For a moment I thought Nameless was going to be Doran.
Varbos chapter 25 . 6/1/2014
So long as I get some updates to this I'm fine. I waited a year for you to post more chapters, I can wait an extra week per chapter.
XcelltasticX chapter 24 . 5/30/2014
Well, guess whos back. Although youre probably used to me being late. Anyways, lets start with the elephant in the room. Your theory of the history of Boletaria is quite awesome. It sounds legit, has enough information to back it up, and actually offers a reasonable take on the Maidens history. Dont have much to say on that though. I mean, I could rant for another page on why its a good idea, why I think it works well but that would just fill the aforementioned page and not much else. You know my take on it and I guess that should suffice.

The ability to travel through time with your mind is questionable but we ARE talking about an ancient being here so all bets are off. The whole journey was interesting to say the least. Seeing Yuria again sure struck a chord, not to mention Mephistophelis past. But the last chapter hit home! The Champion braindead? Without any means of revival? You sure know how to cook tension and dont forget the dessert made of Ostravas guilt for murder, the return of the Maiden, the intrusion of the Nexus and the job of finding a new Champion. Well, there is still Freke and his transformation into the next archdemon, the Soul society is still on the run and the Monumental is in for an explanation.

I guess there will be a lot more to talk about in the coming chapter since the past ones were more focused on the world and characters. The MIB was presented far more human than she thinks herself to fact that Nameless lost his hatred towards her is a big step in and of itself considering BOTH their backgrounds. Would be interesting to see another heart to heart between any of the characters, really.

Quite short today but its all I got. Im looking forward to see the next update from you. Do keep up the great work!

Sincerely, XcelltasticX
Dante's blade chapter 24 . 5/28/2014
after the story of the maiden now i wonder if all the souls games are conected...
Transfigurator chapter 24 . 5/25/2014
Ahh another good chapter. The ending was very emotional and tense, even if killing kids is always a bit bitter. But then, those kids were pretty much rised to kill other people. All in all it's pretty sad.

Maiden's backstory was actually pretty easy to guess but still it was good that it has been spelled out. Still its hard to actually call her a demon since her body is merely a prision for it so she herself can't be called a demon, but I can understand the concern of where her mind ends and demon's starts, like mortals corrupted by soulstone in Diablo series.

But, meh I was always a fan of reigning the curse or darknes that has been put at you and using it for something good, instead of sitting on your ass and moping. Kinda like Ghost Rider or Soma Cruz used their curse :P

Also that unmentionable person that Maiden promised to not use the power feels like a bit of a plot device and a cop out, but I guess I have to let it slip.

I'm also curious what happened with the Nameless. Maiden seems really woried now since he seems to become vegetable, not physicaly dead, lights are on in the house, but no one's there :P

And I can't exactly figure out on what level Maiden is actually worried about him. On personal level or duty level since he is the weapon they have against the Old One. Her comment about previous and future Champions suggest that it may be the latter... And it gives me some evil pleasure seeing as complex plans involving sacrificial pieces, gets a set of wrenchess tossed in gears :P

All in all, as always I'm waiting for the next chapter :)
The Night Hunter chapter 24 . 5/25/2014
ANother great chapter and I wish you best luck on your contest
Delinquent author chapter 23 . 5/23/2014
whoa ... just whoa that was intense, suspenseful, and very satisfying to read and even thou it was small and even thou I really liked your backstory idea that part with the monumental was my favourite part because I never gave him any thought I never considered what he went through and to see someone with such a calm demeanor lash out was surprising so thanks for giving me that perspective on him and great job on the story!
arienne grange chapter 23 . 5/17/2014
This is the best fanfiction ive ever read. i am so pumped for whatll happen next. i hope you finish this, its really great writing, and i love the originality added to this story. i would love to see a spinoff when you finish.
- Arriene Grange
Lollaro chapter 23 . 5/17/2014
Wow... that was a truckload of backstory... and you're saying there's more?
Man you managed to make me even more hyped than before about this story.
I'd love to see what happens to Nameless and The Maiden first and Mephistopheles' attack to the Nexus later.

15000 views? Nice, that means we're shooting for 20000 now, right?
Keep up the great work!
Surreal Static Flow chapter 23 . 5/16/2014
Whoa... That was intense. This whole travel through the past has been pretty intense as well. I'm really enjoying the backstory and characterization you're presenting. Also, gald you're back. :)
Jack of Blade's Daughter chapter 23 . 5/13/2014
Mind Blown
Aku No Kokoro chapter 23 . 5/11/2014
Great chapter, I'm really amazed at your take on the lore, even more so on how you created it with the limited information the game gave you. And while I'm here, I'll say that I really like what you did with Nameless, you made him a character, even when the game, again, gave him no real personality, you gave him a reasonable one.
Transfigurator chapter 23 . 5/11/2014
Good chapter. Very interesting lore and story. Somehow I feel that humans attacking their god is partially his/its fault. Partially since while it wasn't really malevolent, it was so obove mortals, that it couldn't really comprehend and understand humans, just like you cannot comprehend the felings and mind of roach.

His meaning of gathering dead souls was to... cold. If it was presented as "the souls of the dead, return to their god to be born again" humans could probably accept this. But if it was presented that the immortal aspect of men is just a food for a dark monstrosity, humans rebelled naturally. It's really more of a tragedy than malevolence for either side.

And as everyone probably suspects, the Maiden was that demon since her reactions suggest that she is ashamed of this but also tries to get some understanding from Nameless, or at least tries to make him not disgusted with her. Either way, I had irresistible urge, to hug her XD

Very pleasing chapter. I'm impatiently waiting for the next one :D
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »