Reviews for A Heart So True
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 9/25/2016
nice.
Lala Sharada chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
Oh wow. This was a different story than I was expecting, but still a good one. It reminded me a lot of Supernatural, with Spike, "not being Spike anymore" and you even almost spelled out the "saving people, hunting things" line from Supernatural, lol.

Anyway, I like seeing Ash older and though this story was rather dark, it was an intriguing read. So, kudos! Your writing skills are great, too!
GamerGirl54321 chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
That was... My God. What was the infection? Ash blames himself, doesn't he...? And... Did they... Kill Tina...?
To the TARDIS chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
D': Ash...Misty...Oh God! *sob*
The Anguished One chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
Very interesting, very tragic. I would be interested in reading what happened with Team Rocket.
Luna chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I'm not normally a Pokemon person, but this was good. Decimate feel of Supernatural feel. This one shot has the makings of a story. I hope you decide to continue it that way.

-Luna
PikaBulbasaur chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Amazing, a different concept from anything I've ever read. You manage to look deep into the emotions of the characters and have wonderful description.
-PikaBulb
Stars.Are.Metaphors chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I loved this. It's like Ash and Pikachu are hunters, and the infected Pokemon are what they hunt. It has a Supernatural flavor to it. We always see Ash saving Pokemon, and this was just a different case entirely. Though, he still saves the Pokemon, just not quite the same way. Amazing!
Dragonist chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I kind of want to cry. I've always liked Ash and pikachu, in sort of, they were my childhood sort of way, so seeing him written jaded and all grown up and doing the sorts of things no one want to do, but that still have to be done... Well, yeah.

This was fabulous. Great job.
TackySheep chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Wow, what a refreshing take on Pokemon. The way you wrote really made me sympathize with Ash. I almost wish this wasn't a one-shot. I'd love to read a series based on this concept.
Negrek chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Very nice! An excellent example of how

I disagree with Farla about the ambiguity, perhaps because to me the reading that there's something wrong with Ash-whether he's or whether he and/or Pikachu are infected-looks pretty strong. Aside from the fact that the nidorino acted like he'd predicted, there's nothing that really suggests otherwise, since I think the flashback could easily be used to argue either way. I certainly fluctuated back and forth as to what the right interpretation was as I read.

Unless of course there was never supposed to be any question over whether Ash is delusional; then I'd say you have a problem. :P

Only thing I'm not as sure about is the fact that Ash is the main character here... he's not exactly a superstar trainer, but I don't know that he's quite enough of a nobody to be able to show up someplace, using his real name and bringing Pikachu with him, and not have someone recognize him. At the least, he should have gotten some unwanted media attention at the time of Misty's (and Brock's?) death, as she's a gym leader and he was travelling with her at the time. It seems like it would be hard for him to go roaming around killing pokémon for six years without someone taking notice. (Well, that would be a pretty impressive track record anyway, given how relatively incautious he appears to be about the whole thing, but even more so for someone who'd made at least a small name for themselves and has such prominent people as Oak interested in their well-being.)

Lovely job of the prose. Everything is wonderfully understated. A nice thought-provoking read all around.
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Not my type of story.
Farla chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Hm, that was very interesting. I like the style of this - it has a very good rhythm that carries throughout it, and the implications - it took me a while to get what his emphasis on used to save pokemon meant, but it's that he let the infection out because of that, isn't it? And I like how you wrote Tina as well.

The story seems to have some ambiguity about the infection itself - [ If he's not imagining it, there's a filmy white cast over the pokemon's eyes. ] and then [ It obviously hasn't turned yet, and they're inside, maybe they should – but – if he looks closely he thinks he can see its eyes already gleaming white in the gloom. ] so he never unambiguously sees the sign, which then makes [ Its eyes are shining - the moonlight, of course. ] seem to just add to the possibility Ash is just delusional. But that doesn't seem to really add anything much that I can see - everything else fits with the idea he's actually doing something important (the fact the pokemon he suspects is the only one missing and it then returns as he predicts, the flashback, the fact the story has a much better arc if it's Ash getting ground down by the strain of doing something necessary than if it's just him being crazy the whole time) so I'm not sure why, unless I'm missing more that's supposed to point toward the crazy option. It seems like it'd reads better with it solidly on the side of this being a real horror lurking that people are unaware of and this being partly Ash's penance for his own involvement.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Fantastic. Meaningful and not corny like the show. I wish it was longer.