Reviews for Speak Against the Sun
Cemmerz chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
Abbas' narrative was absolutely fantastic. I love the irony of us (sorta) knowing Ali's intentions whilst Abbas is blinded by whatever ignorance plagues him.
Raed's death was terribly shocking, I had expected torture for information or something, but by god, I didn't think I could hate Ali anymore than before.
The way Altair and Malik's relationship is discussed too, as an actual plot changer-mover, an important aspect to the other characters and not just the relationship its self, was brilliant. Raed's reaction to it was heartbreaking though, poor man. News that he may have taken better, many may have taken better, had it not come from a vile tongue like Ali's.
Is Ali even his name, I wonder.
The dagger splitting Raed's back was probably the image that stood out to me most of all.
And bless Kadar! Always lingering.
As usual I am in love with the new chapter and eagerly await to see how Malik is going to plan a counter attack and whether Altair is going to snap to attention and actually prove his worth as leader soon
Cookie.Killer chapter 11 . 5/31/2014
Now THAT was unexpected! Ali being a Templar... I don't know how is that I didn't see that coming. Everything makes sense now.

Poor Raed :( It was so sad... (Malik just lost a real friend...)

I hope you update soon.

Ok, "soon"
I don't care if you take months to write a chapter; I love this fanfic and I'll wait forever if I have to to see it finished.

Take care and see ya!
Xx
dilanghel chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
As usual, worth the wait. Im glad that despite the events it is still about malik's growth and his dynamics with altair. This is such a heartfelt and saddening read. But i guess this wasnt made for happy endings in the ffirst place. Only moments of intimacy expertly narrated between tragedies. Again i commend u for another brilliant chapter and thank u for giving us raed :)
Rueky Mitem chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
*gasps* nooooo! Raed! Aww man, i liked you. You were so good in wtescyl... No why you have to dieeeeeeeeeee! I friggen called that one, Ali being a templar? So called that one.
Runnerland chapter 10 . 4/9/2014
I wish I could fully convey how much this fic, as well as And When the Earth Shall Claim Your Limbs, has affected me. I honestly can't stop thinking about it. First of all, I love everything about this portrayal of Malik; his steadfast loyalty/love for Kadar, even to his own detriment (even in the latter's death; and speaking of, I don't think I've cried so hard at a fanfic before -sniff-) and most of all, his strength and power, even after having everything taken from him.

Also let's not forget Malik and Altair's relationship, because goddamn! The way they became caught in each other's inevitable orbits so early, unable but also unwilling to let go, a mutual possession; ugh just so raw and visceral, I have to pause when reading scenes between them lol. The intensity between them, two equally strong-willed individuals, not afraid to give and take and challenge one another when necessary, it's overwhelmingly good. But also so painful now, because, I know how they’ve hurt each other and are hurting each other but I just want Malik to be happy. And of course, Altair too. So I am desperately hoping there is some way they can find happiness with each other, despite their blood-soaked history. (Also you can add me to the list of people who are dying to know what was said in Jerusalem lol)

LOL oh my goodness, okay, my rambling is out of control, I'll stop now. I just have too many feelingss. So thank you for writing this and I'm glad you're enjoying the process because I am too :) Eagerly waiting the next chapter! :)
mykonosparadise chapter 10 . 4/6/2014
... a story can't be this good, a story can't be this good, a story can't be this good, astorycan'tbethisgood... I chant to myself while I go through this piece of literature. You turn me into a miser, a cheapskate making pause at every paragraph in hope of not having spent too many words and that the end isn't nearing as I progress through the chapter.

But, damn it, I enjoy every single word. Every. single. one. of it. And I can't thank you enough for writing this. I wish I could do more than mere words of praise.
TheWritingMustache chapter 10 . 4/5/2014
Ohhhoohhohh.

I could feel Altair through the internet. Just about every emotion he was feeling. I know the focus was mainly on Malik, but nnn, my heart hurts.
dilanghel chapter 10 . 4/2/2014
as always, you are worth the wait and this has been a lovely chapter. the sexual tension. the build-up to altair's redemption. i wish to convey more but my thoughts as of now are lumped into :

I WANT TO HUG RAED AND THE REST OF MALIK'S 'SUPPORT GROUP'

when i read this: "But no one will think ill of you if you forgave him... We will understand" i literally wanted to hug Raed and the rest of Malik's assassins. omg you understanding children.

and man the sexual tension. MAN.
Snubel chapter 10 . 4/1/2014
Awww and again it's so beautiful and sad equally...!
I'm so excited to finally read what Malik has told Altair in Jerusalem - and still I hope for some kind of happy ending; I know and hope it won't be like "and they grew old and were happy together forever", but... somehow I'm feeling so bad for Altair and... it's so sad .
And maybe a pinch of smut? :3
Looking forward to the next chapter!
lilbriko chapter 10 . 3/31/2014
I haven't commented in a loooonnnggg time. Which is selfish of me, since I'm actually writing a story now on Fictionpress and I know how much reviews motivate you as a writer. And for that, I hang my head in shame.
I don't really know what to say about the story. It's perfect. I love:
The EXTREMELY subtle love between Maltair; Malik and Maria's confrontation (perfect! he was like, I got yo man... and there's nothing you can do about it); Malik's speech abt f-ing Altair to Abbas; All the hate from the before chapters; How Malik can't stay mad at Altair (in the history of ever); How vocal his character is about how he feels (which of course is true to the canon, but you're portrayed it VERY well); Raed 3; Darim (he's a lil Altair 3); how Altair is subtly beginning to change (I love how he is beginning to question things not having to do with killing); and as always, the beautiful, beautiful imagery.
Keep it up! You're the BEST writer I've ever read from (true story, and I've read Shakespeare and the Bronte sister's and all those AP English folks ;) )
Tasza chapter 10 . 3/31/2014
I have never reviewed Your work before because I didn't want to look like a fool with my not-so-good English. It is also hard to find words that will discribe how much I love Your writing. You make everything perfect - funny and heartbraking. Let's say this series is my headcanon now:)

Also it is even possible after last chapter for Malik and Altair to have a happy ending?
I know the times were hard, especially if you were a gay fictional assasin with many problems but I just want to see them happy (all this feelings you writing have awoken in me);)

King Rune chapter 9 . 3/5/2014
Oh good god, I didn't think it possible, but this is more riveting than even the prequel! Perhaps because this time I don't know how it'll end. Your grasp of the plot is incredible. I absolutely adore the way you select and remix canon to create something familiar yet entirely unique and suspenseful. I'm torn between rooting for Malik and Altair to make up and rooting for Malik to ditch the grandmaster's sorry ass- on the one hand I love their love, but on the other Malik is my favorite and I want him to be strong and independent. I just hope he finds peace, if not happiness, eventually. Or die miserable, I guess I'd actually be ok with that too because I love misery.

Either way I will follow this story to its undoubtedly epic end. Rock on!
30026401 chapter 9 . 2/25/2014
These two are the only Altair/Malik stories I'll read. The way you portray them and their relationship is just so... Ugh (respectful ugh) that it's practically canon for me and any other fanfic with them seems wrong. However, while the story remains to be great, it's also KILLING ME. The happy ending I've wanted since the beginning of the first fic seems as far away as ever :( is there hope for a happy ending?
XJack'sPearlX chapter 9 . 1/27/2014
I need to know what happens in Jerusalem.

Like it's killing me.

Seriously.

No, haha but really, my friend and I are both reading this at the same time. Funny story really. I got her into Assassin's Creed by introducing her to 'And When the Earth Shall Claim Your Limbs' She read it and fell headlong into the fandom without ever having touched the games (She is no onto ACII). And She and I are both dying to know what happened in Jerusalem! Hope we can find out soon!
Lavender Kiss chapter 9 . 1/26/2014
I always love it when you update. Happy to see the fallout to Kadar's manifestation. Can't wait to see the awkward tension between Malik and Altair as they help each other regain Masyaf. I wanna see those flashbacks! You have a talent for writing and reading your work is a pleasure. I will be waiting expectantly for your next update.
144 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »