Reviews for Echoes
UA chapter 15 . 2/17
Axel.

I just...can't.

LMAO.

And Merle's reaction to him?

I could see it so clearly in my head.

Off to see what form this 'shove' from Merle takes.

Never a dull moment with that man.

;)

Shae
UA chapter 9 . 2/17
Okay.

Melissa McBride frequently moves me with her portrayal of Carol, moves me to tears with the depth of emotion in her eyes, her face, her entire body.

She gives Carol such a quiet strength in the face of such a broken world, such dire circumstances, and guh...I don't feel like I'm articulating myself well here.

This scene with Carol and Daryl?

Oh my goodness, it slays my heart just like MMB does every time she is on screen.

I can completely picture it playing out, picture both Norman and Melissa acting the hell out of it, and I just want to tell you...I was already enjoying your story. So much. So, so, so much.

The interactions between all the characters is so real. The humor, the dialogue...it's just life as they know it, an average day in the ZA. It's all there, playing on the little tv screen in my head (hush...anybody that loves to read has one, lol, as I'm sure you well know, else you wouldn't be able to gift us with such a magnificent story). It's everything, and I can see why this wonderful tale has so many reviews, why it pops up on so many favorites lists.

It's going on mine.

I don't even have to finish it or go any further to know that you'll continue to blow me away with how faithful you are to the characters that captured my heart in my whirlwind viewing of this show that I'm now obsessed with, completely, totally, even though it breaks my heart on a weekly basis.

Funny thing.

A snippet of the show, that clip of Rick's disbelieving discovery in the aftermath of Judith's birth, was what led me to try out the show in the first place, and I'll admit, through my subsequent marathon (this bleak but rich show wouldn't be many's idea of ideal holiday viewing, lol-but I devoured all 4 released seasons and started on the 5th thanks to AMC reruns) that Rick's story was what first grabbed me. His and Lori's, and though I certainly didn't find Lori perfect or even likable all the time as I was racing through the eps, I found their story compelling, and her end, in particular, heartwrenching. But somewhere along the way? Quietly, without my noticing at first because they're just like that you know, Carol and Daryl found their way into my heart.

And now? Though I won't lie and pretend I don't wish there were more quality fic with the Grimes family rediscovering each other (they just needed more time, dammit...there was love there) and giving them the chance they missed out on, I'm all about Caryl.

I've been slowly making my way through this site, reading every story featuring them that I can get my hands on.

Yeah...it's an obsession, lol.

They make me so happy, even when they break my heart, if that makes any kind of sense at all.

And great stories like this just feed the obsession.

I don't know whether to thank you for that or not, lol.

I just know I can't stop reading, and these two have ruined me for life.

And strangely, I'm okay with that.

Shae
Avide chapter 22 . 2/5
Chapter 22 makes me smile because it's not only cleverly, thoughtfully written, but it takes nearly every dig at Merle that my id would want to.
Guest chapter 50 . 12/21/2014
This is one of the best Caryl stories I have read. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Y chapter 50 . 10/25/2014
Oh my word...!
First of all, thank you very much for writing, continuing, completing Echoes. And sharing this.
Secondly, I am confused between mixed feelings;
I want to give you a hug since your writing had managed to make me feel like I win a jackpot (though I never play, it's just a phrasing :D);
either or;
full of envy that I want to slug your head off and transplate your brain into mine so perhaps within coma I could (possibly) write as movingly as yours (I talked myself out, not going to happen unless I got your muse as well, which is like I am urg!-ing to myself).

I hope you don't mind my long rambling.
So, decidedly here is why I was feeling elated (like winning a lottery/jackpot), so far Echoes been covering Caryl story and capturing the characers essense pretty darn well eversince I ventured TWA Caryl stories. (No offense for others cover, I enjoyed any take on Caryl.)
Here, Carol is delightfully captured as in stronger sense, the one who evolved. And the journey woven beautifully. The wit and the sass, love it.
Dixon brothers complexity is like a great dish to the pallate. Yum!
The author notes, always adding spices.
The quotes before each chapter begin, infused well, or I think that it was intrepreted well.
The lovemaking scene, it reminds me of City of Angel take. Just this one is better :) The process and take by take is flowing and sufficient to the plot and sense of mind.
The side characters is potrayed well. Enough to captured inbetween Caryl growth. Axel is truly on a league of his won (maybe not in a sense of magnificently one).
The humor and the gore. Between Carol's wit and accident to Merle short lived moment after shot in the was fun yet morbid but sursprisingly packing a punch with all revelation that came.
Have I mentioned the cliffs that hung us the gentle reader each time almost of the chapters end? Clever!
The hardship and struggles of characters are heartfelt and moving.
The last quote and chapter is truly perfect completion of echoes.

to summarize;
Coming from eager Caryl shipper, non fanfic writer yet, curious fanfic reader, and non english native; I must say that Echoes has blow my mind.
Thank you again LouBlue for making me a happy reader though depreciated of night sleeps due to participating in 50-chapter marathon reading.

I wish you and the muse well. I do hope you partake another writing project to cover such this.
Cheers and see you next time!
p.s pardon me for my long wording.
Golfbabe87 chapter 50 . 10/4/2014
Tomorrow will take of itself. I nod my head in appreciation and thank you sincerely. This is why I love the world and fanfiction. I know I have read something truly memorable when at the end I am in a pleasant buzz of contentment and still processing my emotions. It's difficult to explain, but I am so glad I stumbled upon this story. Good luck with everything and I hope to read more of your work in the future.
Golfbabe87 chapter 49 . 10/4/2014
Carol and Daryl have defined themselves. To me, that is the mark of a sincere human being who knows what it really is to love a person. We make labels for convenience and entitlement in our society. Real love isn't always definable. Thank you for writing it as you havs.
Golfbabe87 chapter 48 . 10/4/2014
Beautiful and profound. Meaning and discovery found in the apocalypse. Merle is a complex character that you wrote wonderfully. He was good, but twisted, a very real part of him was filled with hatred and evil, but he wasn't all bad either. Poor man fought his entire life against the demons in his own heart and the one's he constructed in the world, and the very real ones in the form of the people who were supposed to love and nurture him above all others, his parents. His character found peace in the end.
Golfbabe87 chapter 36 . 10/4/2014
A great insight into Merle.
Golfbabe87 chapter 22 . 10/3/2014
A very powerful conversation and battle of wits between Carol and Merle. I loved it. Interesting view that Carol knew Merle based on him being the same type of man as her husband. She's come a long way. But Merle did find something out during that conversation.
Golfbabe87 chapter 13 . 10/3/2014
I actually do love Merle. He is a great character.
Golfbabe87 chapter 12 . 10/3/2014
Great moment between father and son and a young man with his first crush.
Golfbabe87 chapter 11 . 10/3/2014
the teasing between them is spot on.
Golfbabe87 chapter 9 . 10/2/2014
Such amazing interpretation of the characters.
kawinki chapter 50 . 9/26/2014
I blew off all my errands and just finished this. How wonderful it was and thank you. It made me cry. For Merle, for Oscar, for Daryl and Carol and all of them.
1,187 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »