Reviews for Twins: A Different Life
Nimbus2023 chapter 19 . 7/4
Alright, I'm out. The premise was interesting but the whole alliance with Voldemort just ruined it for me. There is also the fact that the story hadn't been updated in years and it doesn't even make it to year two.
Nimbus2023 chapter 16 . 7/4
This story is really going to drag the summer out, isn't it?
Nimbus2023 chapter 15 . 7/4
I would just like to see on confrontation between Harry and James without Sirius butting in or otherwise hovering about.
Nimbus2023 chapter 14 . 7/4
A prank is his answer to Dumbles? How about slipping the story of the stone and the three-headed dog on the third-floor corridor to the press and actually accomplishing something? When it comes to light that the stone was stolen Dumbles would take a massive hit and they could move their plans to press charges against Rose forward but no, let's prank him instead... what an idiot!
Nimbus2023 chapter 13 . 7/3
The duel was rather anticlimactic if I'm being honest. Also as I said before there is waaaaaaaaay too much smirking in this story. If I had a shot of butterbeer for every time somebody smirked, I would be admitted to the hospital for alcohol poisoning by chapter eight. I am still on the fence about the alliance with Voldemort but I will hold judgment for now.
Nimbus2023 chapter 12 . 7/3
There is entirely too much smirking in this story.
Nimbus2023 chapter 12 . 7/3
Dark Harry won't stoop to her level, that is just hilarious.
Nimbus2023 chapter 11 . 7/3
Okay, this chapter was just silly. In the house quidditch cup, each team plays the three other teams and the overall points determine who the winner is, that's straight-up canon. Commonsense would dictate when there is a tie in the overall standings the cup would go to whichever of those two teams either won the most games or the most snitches during the season, Hogwarts doesn't do rematches. Seeing as how Gryffindor lost the first game against Slytherin and we are led to believe that Slytherin is undefeated this season, the cup would have gone to them by default. This whole chapter felt like manufactured drama for the sole purpose of uniting Harry's support base and giving the readers a reason to like characters that were utterly deplorable in canon.

Then we have the attack itself, Harry's on death's doorstep after a vicious albeit creative attack during a quidditch game where hundreds of people watched. None of the staff thought anything was off about this?! That is utterly ridiculous that not one person in authority does anything to reprimand Rose.

Finally, there is the Slytherin 'retaliation' which is just lame. You nearly killed my friend so I'm going to prank you... sigh. That is just stupid, why not trip the bitch down some stairs or 'accidentally' knock her spoiled ass off of the astronomy tower, you know something equal to the injury inflicted on Harry.

Though in a way Harry had that coming anyway, he pulled that same leap-frog trick multiple times maybe a couple of weeks in the infirmary will teach him not to be so predictable.
Nimbus2023 chapter 10 . 7/3
Harry seems to be all talk and no action where the Potters are concerned.
Nimbus2023 chapter 9 . 7/3
Again with the hip thing? That is just so offputting to read and makes me wonder if it's a cultural thing because preteens are generally not carried like toddlers in my country... or the U.K for that matter.
Nimbus2023 chapter 9 . 7/3
So I'm guessing that Remus is the woman in the relationship hence him scolding Harry for his language.
Nimbus2023 chapter 7 . 7/3
My main criticism of the story is that you can't make up your mind on Harry's character. He's either a stuckup smartass who acts like a cross between Draco and snape and seems way older than eleven or you get the one you portrayed with Sirius where he acts like an eight-year-old girl pouting and giggling, there is no in between with his character and neither are realistic for an eleven-year-old. Personally I wish Sirius and Remus hadn't come into the story because Harry acts like a whiny little girl in his prescence and my limited respect for his character diminishes further everytime I read he is giggling and pouting which is not a trait for a boy of that age.

Also, what is this nonsense about Sirius holding him on his hip? Men do not have the same bone structure as women so it isn't practical to balance a tot there much less an eleven-year-old boy who is described as tall for his age, well-muscled etc.
AJayZ chapter 34 . 6/14
I will forever wait for an update this story is just too good to be abandoned. See ya again in a few months when I inevitably re read it for the millionth time
XOXO Gossip Girl 2.0 chapter 1 . 6/11
always come back to this story every couple months to reread it! one of the best written pieces of work that i have ever read in my life.
anshups09 chapter 34 . 6/2
the story is sooooo goooodd... pls update
oo