Reviews for After the Storm
shanj chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
I never would have thought I would like mal & river together, but I LOVED this!
Angelpheonixwings14 chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
This was a beautiful story. You forgot to change some of your parentheses markers for actual words, but other than that it was very well written. I don't agree that Inara would betray them like this; I think she would have just left, but this isn't my story and besides her characterization, I think you nailed everyone else's characters perfectly. Mal and River's development was wonderful. I loved the slow build-up, how they became dependent unknowingly, before jealousy built, and the final realization they were in love. It was great, and I thank you for writing such a well thought out story.
chacra chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
wow your story is really well written! thank you for publishing it! love that pairing!
Michelle67 chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
I really enjoyed your story! I thought you caught Mal and River really well. The Chinese was really fun- though you might want to go back and put it in in the few places it looks like you meant to put it in, ( it would be funny either way ). I hope you write a sequel to this.
HIddensoul1978 chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Yes, I would love to read a sequel to this. I loved this story. It kept me going with every line. I am a huge fan of this show. I definately like the Mal/river combo much better than Inara. Thanks again for a great story and let me know if you wrote a sequel lol
AerynsFallen chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Awww...I loved it! So beautifully written. Your story made me laugh and scream in excitement when Mal realized his feelings. I've never been a fan of Mal/Inara and I'm happy to see such a good Mal/River story! THANK YOU! :D
BigT1587 chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Oh,where to start. Your story kind of reminded me of that graph on one of those heart monitoring machines. (An EKG,I think.)Sometimes it's up. Sometimes it's down. Thats the flow of your writing. Especially concerning how you write the the characters voices. I can almost hear them sometimes. Picture them even. But sometime you take the ...,I don't know,wit out of ,especially Mal ,are funny without being 's like Zoe's "Big damn heroes sir" line. It normal speech;but it's catchy without meaning to be. They say things that stick with you long after they are gone. It still thought that it was a really good story. A little wordy and with a few too many capitalization errors;but still a good story none the less. As a matter of fact,the only thing that keeps me from loving is that it really wasn't me. There really wasn't much for a guy to sink his teeth into. There was just not enough meat to go with the potatoes. For a 31,000 word story to hold most guys,in my opinion, you would have to step up the violence a bit. This was almost like "Twilight" in space.I'll give it to you that you did put some action in the I found it to be too much trouble to get to if I had to wade through the lovey dovey stuff. Don't get me wrong. I think that you are a very good writer. It's for that reason that I felt you deserved a review. But the story just wasn't my "cup of tea".
HellsTheTwerd chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Loved this massively long one shot!

You still have some gaps where you left things like (something Chinese) in the story but they made me laugh and were cute...

Over all 11/10
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
It would be helpful if you divided this story into chapters - 30,000 words in one chunk is a lot to handle. Also, some kind of marker to denote change of scenes would be helpful, too. I concur with others who have expressed their opinion that Inara is out of character in this fic. Best wishes with your writing.
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
At time, the story seemed to jump and go too fast for me, but still a nice bit of shiny!
casedeputy chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This was perfect! The voices were perfect and I could see most of this happening in an episode. Can't wait to read the sequel!
codexfawkes chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I did like this story, the interaction between Mal and River were very well done. Inara was extremely out of character but, it's not the first time I've seen her portrayed that way. I would say that you should go through the story again and do some editing. There are places where you clearly meant to go back and add to it where it says "(something in Chinese)" or "(something incredulous)". Editing issues aside, Monty having settled on Haven struck me as an odd and confusing choice. Especially since that's where Wash, Book and Mr. Universe are buried. It just doesn't seem right they'd be relaxing on a newly built Haven and never think of the massacre or graves, Zoe in particular. My advice on that would be avoid the issue entirely by changing the name of the moon and making the few small adjustments needed to make that work. That being said I really did like this story and would love to see a sequel.
randomreader chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Inara is really out of character...
alicewiggles chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
sequel please have to to good to pass up i always hated nara could never see her and mal together she always
wanted to change him and then he was still never going to be good enough for her anyway
MLN chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I liked the story. I am looking forward to the next one. I wonder if leaving Inara alive like that is a good thing, she might still try to get back at them