Reviews for Second Time Unlucky
mangesboy01 chapter 23 . 4/14/2013
Poor Maddie, well at least she want have suffer anymore, or stress about her family.

I hope that Ludo gives some of his winnings to Maddies family, so they won't starve.

Ludo Congratulations!

You survived the arena!

I like the flashback thing you did about each tribute.
mangesboy01 chapter 22 . 4/14/2013
Well Remora places fourth, slain by Maddie. I'm not really bothered by her death actually, I fill she was more of a background character than anything else. I feel that Remora never stood chance from the moment she volunteered for the games. I knew she would never become victor, and I feel that in the end, she knew this too.

Quintus, I gained respect for you, but I also hated you for killing Maddie and Robin. I feel your not the villain in the story, because your only doing what you've been trained to do. Quintus only kills, because that's the only instructions his parents have invested in him. Its a pity that he missed out on living because he was to busy training, and now that he's dying, he will have never actually lived.
mangesboy01 chapter 21 . 4/14/2013
Well Robin is dead, I'm a little said but I predicted he would die next. I figured once he died the playing fields would be even.

I liked this chapter, especially the conversation between Quintus and Ludo. It was funny yet thrilling. I was like what's going to happen. Someone make a move already.

The anticipation is killing me.

I'm going to assume that Quintus is Cato's older brother.
mangesboy01 chapter 20 . 4/14/2013
I'm a tad bit confused with this next chapter, I expected to see a death recap after the mutts, because it turned to night.

Well another chapter down! and only five tributes left!

Sadly, I assumed that Pearl would be the first Career to die. I gained respect for Pearl throughout the story, and I understood why she did the things she did. In the end I pitied her more than I hated her.
mangesboy01 chapter 19 . 4/14/2013
I'm going to miss Sophia. She was a humble and caring character, reminds me of Peeta.

So someone died before Sophia...but who?

This had to be my favorite chapter so far! The dialogue between Sophia and Ludo as she died made the hair on my arm stand.

Excellent Chapter!
mangesboy01 chapter 18 . 4/14/2013
Alright so I was not expecting it to be the boy from 6 and the girl from 5. I can't believe the boy wounded Ludo, bet at least Sophia was there to save him.

I really liked this chapter so much that I'm kind of speechless.

The only suggestion I would give is make a note as to when you kill off a tribute haha because you like to kill them twice. :)

Amazing writing and the whole delusional dialogue was funny, it made me laugh.
mangesboy01 chapter 17 . 4/14/2013
That was unexpected.

I wasn't expecting Remora and Pearl to be so, defeated. They're Careers for a reason, stop your crying and kill Quintus while he slumbers.

I have a feeling a Career is about to die.
mangesboy01 chapter 16 . 4/14/2013
Well District 10 is out too. That's funny that the boy found his knives, it tells you that the tributes do cross the same paths.

Finally the Alliance breaks, I'm going to "assume" that when the two alliance meet that there will be more than one cannon sounding.

Another amazing chapter!

I hope Robin doesn't let the power go to his head like Quintus did.

You know what they say, "Power and Enemies go hand in hand."
mangesboy01 chapter 15 . 4/14/2013
Well so far District 3,9,and 11 are out of the race.

Who just died? :/

Well Ludo just got deep, real deep. I'm wondering how this is going to end.

O' how romance in the games sucks for those who seek it.
mangesboy01 chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
I can't believe you did that! Sophia is Peeta's sister! What? I had a hunch, but then again you've kept me guessing so far , so I was like na. I can't believe it though! Wow, Sophia was pretty wrong about Peeta , because he killed that girl from 8 without flinching in his games.

It's nice to finally see what happened to Isabella. The dialogue between her and Ludo over her brother was really emotional, you definitely did a good job with it!

Another spectacular chapter!
mangesboy01 chapter 13 . 4/14/2013
I really liked this chapter. It showed the pecking order of the Careers, if that's the right terminology. haha

Anyways, I'm eager to read the dialogue between Sophia and Ludo. I wonder what will happen on this hunt, maybe one of the Careers will die.

Also a suggestion :)

You have yet to described Pearl Physically so I'm wondering what she looks like, and also you killed the boy from 3 off twice. In the last chapter you said he was the first face to shine in the sky, and in this chapter he got killed by Robin...so I'm a little confused.

Also I really like Robin ,seeing him put that boy out of his misery showed his true character. He seems to be a kind person, outside the circumstances. I'll had to say that I'll most likely be sad when he dies.

I also like Remora but that's mainly because I'm a fan of Clove.

Another great chapter!
mangesboy01 chapter 12 . 4/14/2013
I'm eager to see which Career will appear on the death recap first. Maybe something interesting will happen during this hunt.

Another great chapter!

I wish the boy from 9 would've stayed alive longer, I feel he could've been a real contender in these games. but ultimately you surprised me by killing him off so earlier, which is good too.
mangesboy01 chapter 11 . 4/14/2013
Well eight tributes dead, seems like an average bloodbath toll.

I like the dialogue between Sophia and Maddie after their scuffle. It seems ironic at how their intentions change so quickly. One minute they're trying to kill each other, the next they're laughing and talking about surnames.

These Cliff Hangers are killing me...

Another Amazing Chapter!
mangesboy01 chapter 10 . 4/14/2013
The games are here! Finally!

Ludo better watch out for Pearl and Remora, especially Remora.

You left us off on a Cliffhanger...dang it!

I really enjoyed this chapter, but I'm having trouble understanding Bella. She's Ludo's sister right? And she's a stylist or something in the Capital?
mangesboy01 chapter 9 . 4/14/2013
I enjoyed reading the interview, I really like how it flowed, and I also enjoyed your question choice.

I really wished you would've given us more description or detail on the other tributes interviews.

Your writing continues to impress me, keep up the good work!
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »