Reviews for The Ballad of Mulan
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 1 . 1/30
Great translation
pronker chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
I'm glad to have read this - the story holds more appeal this way, because I know only Disney's version. In yours, the passage of time is greater and the family dynamics different, because of the number of siblings. Good job!
thetimewalker2237 chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Translating? Tough. Translating ancient poetry? Tricky and difficult. Translating ancient poetry and making it sound awesome? Just shows how amazing your skills as a poet are.
WolfishMoon chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Oooh. I like this translation! Much nicer than the one I've been going off of!
Very nice!
meshalok chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
This is a really great translation. Much easier to stomach and enjoyable to read than the translations found in your typical archive. Thank you.
CiaraMoira chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
It's gives hope to see someone take the effort to dig to the roots for a passion.
DreamaLirit chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for posting this! The entire story makes sense now. I'm so happy you made it known how Disney got the idea. :) You're awesome!
Deanna J. Winchester chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
awww that is sweet i see how they got the movie
manga.geek.3 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
This is fantastic! I totally love this! You know, for the longest time, I thought that Mulan had actually been killed because she was found out. I'm so relieved to know that she wasn't!
Hermi-ko chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This is beautiful, thank you so much, I was desesperate to find a translation of this great song. I am a big fan of Mulan and she inspired me a lot and now you are too Congrats for this challenge you aced very well I think
*Hermi-ko***
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
wow...thanks for translating! i always wondered what inspired the movie, an actual person or myth?
theNewDesire chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Beautiful. I love how you rewrote it to match English poetry.
Arthur091 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Nice ballad! She's my favorite.