Reviews for Better This Way
Lokken.8 chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
Touching and beautiful. Expertly written. Simple yet complex.

Bravo!
PotterMichael chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Hello MyGinevra, it's been awhile. I just wanted to say that I loved reading this. It was so touching to hear Colin's story of how he loved Ginny. The heartache he must have felt to fall so in love with a beautiful, amazing person like Ginny, yet knowing he could never have her really got to me. I realized it had to be him early on, just as he realized Ginny's love for Harry early on. I liked that you put in the part about his death, as it was never detailed in Canon. Such a sad, tragic tale, but still has a silver lining at the end. Harry and Ginny get to spend the rest of their lives together, and Colin, whose death was still a tragedy, died a hero while trying to save his family, his friends, and the girl he loved.
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
I really like the "feel" of this story, but there's some confusion who is narrating the story. It says Neville at the top (in the FF information), but there are several references that contradict that assumption. Is it Collin? If so, why put Neville as the 2nd character if it's not his pov at all? The first part could be - in fact, I happily read it, thinking I was getting an insight into Neville's psyche! I didn't get confused at all until closer to the 2nd half, when it talks about being Muggle-born, and then I started going HUH?! Of course, at second glance, Neville and Ginny wouldn't have had any classes together since they were in different years. (Duh!) ;)

Whoever is speaking, I especially liked the first half, because it seemed very realistic. Just by reading that, I could tell just how beautiful Ginny was in his eyes (and all the others who, like him, wanted to have something with her as well)! Very sweet and even breathtaking thinking what it might've been like for all the boys with crushes on her whenever they saw her...kinda like whenever I watched my current crush walk towards me in the hall at school! ;)
diva.gonzo chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
*sniff sniff* Beautiful story, and love the imagery - and how it ties into Canon, and a hero for saving the girl he loved.