Reviews for Pretty Thoughts
keeper37 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
damn...

Beautiful. I'm not an english major or anything (quite the opposite actually) but I could see meaning behind every line in this story; to the point where mass amounts of detail and unwritten information was exposed with the right choice of words or phrasing. astounding job.

And to think I came across this with the hopes of it being a fluff-filled little ditty about these two...
Queen Lua chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
This bit:

/ "I think I was waiting for you to offer to show me." Her laugh was honest and full, but he was certain there was a bit of hurt mixed in.

He pretended not to notice it. /

Ouch. Sads.

Sweet sorrowful little piece; thanks for sharing.
Rosage chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I like how you manage to take such a tragic concept and make the tragedy of the situation clear while still keeping it understated. The last line was especially poignant. Lovely story. :)
Snowy Ptarmigan chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Aww, ;; This made me so sad but it's so realistic as well! There really needs to be more Lucia and Janaff fanfic's. Thank you for all the feels.
RawkHawk2.0 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Excellent and eloquent as usual.

I quite liked this look at the relationships between beorc and laguz as a whole, and of course, between Janaff and Lucia. It was perfectly balanced. Not too subtle, but not glaringly obvious, either. As always, simply fantastic.

Best Regards,

RawkHawk2.0
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
AWW. So sad! ;_; I think this turned out really well, though. I don't read too many fics, granted, but I haven't seen one that deals with how much longer the laguz live. Kind of like elfxhuman romances in the Lord of the Rings.

[Janaff would hear that it was harder for the beorc; having to deal with growing old while their partner stayed young ruined more than one marriage. But he had always felt it was the other way around] This is a really interesting thought, and really sweet of Janaff.

Yay Manna! Now off to read Hectorfic...
Kender
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This is lovely! The relationships between laguz and beorc may seem beautiful and progressive and wonderful on the surface, but there's a level of sadness to them that no amount of open-mindedness will ever remove. This captures Lucia's and Janaff's potential perfectly. Very bittersweet. It's good to read more FE fic... I've kinda disappeared, haven't played/written any in ages, but who knows?

- Kitty
tirelessadvisor chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I don't ship this pairing, for I see them as a broship, but you wrote this well enough for me to appreciate it :) a very sad story, but also lovely about the lines between friendship and romance between beorc and laguz.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
It's good to see you writing again. I have to say, this was a very well done piece, even if it was hot off the press, basically. I think you nailed Lucia and Janaff, although I'm more familiar with her than him. I think they might have skated between friends and lovers, especially since he practically flirts with her in PoR. I'd also say it was a really powerful story. That last line really summed it up as well. So often we wonder what could have been, and I think that's what gives this story its pull.

I also thought it was funny early on, with Lucia telling him not to ask a woman her age. Even in this setting, a little modern humor works.

Well done.