Reviews for Pretty Thoughts
FE Frog chapter 1 . 3/17
Oh, man. You just about had me in tears at the end. You wrote beautifully. Not too wordy or descriptive, just the perfect amount for it to be elegant and sweet. And, of course, slightly heart wrenching at the end. Thank you for the wonderful story!
keeper37 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013

Beautiful. I'm not an english major or anything (quite the opposite actually) but I could see meaning behind every line in this story; to the point where mass amounts of detail and unwritten information was exposed with the right choice of words or phrasing. astounding job.

And to think I came across this with the hopes of it being a fluff-filled little ditty about these two...
Queen Lua chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
This bit:

/ "I think I was waiting for you to offer to show me." Her laugh was honest and full, but he was certain there was a bit of hurt mixed in.

He pretended not to notice it. /

Ouch. Sads.

Sweet sorrowful little piece; thanks for sharing.
Rosage chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I like how you manage to take such a tragic concept and make the tragedy of the situation clear while still keeping it understated. The last line was especially poignant. Lovely story. :)
Snowy Ptarmigan chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Aww, ;; This made me so sad but it's so realistic as well! There really needs to be more Lucia and Janaff fanfic's. Thank you for all the feels.
RawkHawk2.0 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Excellent and eloquent as usual.

I quite liked this look at the relationships between beorc and laguz as a whole, and of course, between Janaff and Lucia. It was perfectly balanced. Not too subtle, but not glaringly obvious, either. As always, simply fantastic.

Best Regards,

Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
AWW. So sad! ;_; I think this turned out really well, though. I don't read too many fics, granted, but I haven't seen one that deals with how much longer the laguz live. Kind of like elfxhuman romances in the Lord of the Rings.

[Janaff would hear that it was harder for the beorc; having to deal with growing old while their partner stayed young ruined more than one marriage. But he had always felt it was the other way around] This is a really interesting thought, and really sweet of Janaff.

Yay Manna! Now off to read Hectorfic...
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This is lovely! The relationships between laguz and beorc may seem beautiful and progressive and wonderful on the surface, but there's a level of sadness to them that no amount of open-mindedness will ever remove. This captures Lucia's and Janaff's potential perfectly. Very bittersweet. It's good to read more FE fic... I've kinda disappeared, haven't played/written any in ages, but who knows?

- Kitty
MaxiBoi2015 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I don't ship this pairing, for I see them as a broship, but you wrote this well enough for me to appreciate it :) a very sad story, but also lovely about the lines between friendship and romance between beorc and laguz.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
It's good to see you writing again. I have to say, this was a very well done piece, even if it was hot off the press, basically. I think you nailed Lucia and Janaff, although I'm more familiar with her than him. I think they might have skated between friends and lovers, especially since he practically flirts with her in PoR. I'd also say it was a really powerful story. That last line really summed it up as well. So often we wonder what could have been, and I think that's what gives this story its pull.

I also thought it was funny early on, with Lucia telling him not to ask a woman her age. Even in this setting, a little modern humor works.

Well done.