Reviews for The Hawthorne Monologues
Linda chapter 35 . 5/21/2014
Perfect present for Mother's Day. Thank you.
Belle453 chapter 35 . 5/16/2014
Sorry I'm just getting to this...I read it right away on my phone...;). Love this fun piece for Mother's Day. THe Hawthornes are so sweet and I bet that just made Hazelle's day. It's heartwarming, but also heartbreaking cause once again it shows how much Gale has to be the man of the house rather than just a kid himself.

Beautifully done.
Norbert's Mom chapter 35 . 5/12/2014
What a sweet little Mother's day story. Very nice.
EStrunk chapter 35 . 5/11/2014
What a sweet Mother's Day story. I love that you included things like Gale having to buy the broken crayons. His thoughts about the abundant game on the other side of the fence in the spring were painful. The description of the bread with goat cheese and mulberry sauce (not jam) made my mouth water. Love their family.
oj2000 chapter 35 . 5/11/2014
So cute
oj2000 chapter 34 . 3/27/2014
This is so good! I loved all of them, but especially the Gale/Hazelle moments. Really good work!
ShortySC22 chapter 34 . 10/13/2013
I can't imagine Gale's thoughts during this and I'm glad you wrote this little perspective.
Norbert's Mom chapter 34 . 9/24/2013
Great job describing how much pain and regret Gale brought on himself because he let his anger get the best of him.
Linda chapter 34 . 9/23/2013
Crap! I meant...the book makes for a dramatic scene that Katniss kills Coin...

Obviously you know where my mind is...stuck on Gale...;-). I would blame it on Belle for always keeping Gale in my thoughts but ironically unlike me she was never Team Gale until she started reading gadge. Of course she's the one who pointed out my review very smugly that Katniss killed Coin not Gale. I'll have to get her back.
Linda chapter 34 . 9/23/2013
Not more miserable Gale hung up on Katniss. I'm kidding. This one is actually one of my favorites. I've wondered about Gale's thoughts on Katniss and the bomb. I love it.

It's especially interesting because Gale took Katniss killing Coin as a sign that she believed it was his bomb. That's brilliant and makes complete sense. I like that he doesn't have to live with guilt of defending Katniss since they didn't use him. The book makes for a dramatic scene that Katniss killed Gale but I don't think she had any right to do it even if it was better for the country. It doesn't matter because no one's asking my opinion...;-). Great job.
Vedastus chapter 34 . 9/23/2013
I have a special place in my heart for miserable Gale. I love this. Thank you for writing such a fitting look inside Gale's head during the assassination and trial. This also makes some sense of the poorly written end of the book. Shows why Gale left Katniss and did not even come back to check on her. He left Peeta to take care of her. Very sad and beautifully written. Thank you.
raissa20 chapter 34 . 9/23/2013
Amazing. I really liked it. Will the next one be another Mockingjay chapter?
Belle453 chapter 34 . 9/22/2013
Pleasant surprise to see this from you before I headed to bed. I love it. Ironically, Vedastus and I recently had a discussion on this very topic. I love your take on it and a look inside Gale's head as usual. Sigh...as usual it's angsty and Gale feeling bad about Katniss - I wish you were writing something from her POV and we could see her feel bad about doing wrong by him...:). Dunno if Katniss would ever get to that. I know I'm bordering on Katniss hate again...;). Gale's angst brings out the worst in me - unless, of course, it's gadge angst - cause that's ok...;). I like Katniss just not in MJ. Nicely written.
Linda chapter 33 . 9/2/2013
Posy and a sweet Mr. & Mrs. Hawthorne moment - what's there not to love?
ShortySC22 chapter 33 . 9/2/2013
Awww I always love little bits with Posy!