Reviews for Through Long Days of Labor
cramosop chapter 6 . 8/31
As I'm not an native english speaker, it makes me sad that I'll not have the words needed to properly thank you. I just want you to know that you've filled a gap that haunted me for over a decade. It may sound silly, but you really made a difference in my life, as Ruroken's story was very importat to me during my childhood. )
Besides that, you truly write very well!
Thank you so much for that.
rockmama2202 chapter 3 . 8/11
I know that I've left a review before, but it bears saying again; this is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Ever. I've probably read it a dozen times and it is still just. so. damn. good. I'm really sick this week, laid up on the couch and pretty much worthless, and I'm re-reading this again because it makes me happy. Thanks. :)
katsumi0003 chapter 6 . 8/7
The scene in the bath was so sweet. Kenshin was so sweet.
katsumi0003 chapter 7 . 8/6
This was so, so amazing. We should just ignore that stupid seisouhen and read this instead. It was so heartwarming. I love it, really.
katsumi0003 chapter 5 . 8/6
Oh my gosh Kaoru! That was...that was hot. Hahaha.
starfingers chapter 6 . 8/1
You picked out the titles from Leonard Cohen's songs, didn't you? A very good choice, really kudos!
starfingers chapter 7 . 4/24
Rereading this for possibly the 50th time and I can't believe I haven't left any review or any kind of appreciation. I'm so terrible. Perhaps because your story is so engaging, readers could still be engrossed after reading and then forget that little review button.

I'm sure others have reviewed your technical skills in writing so I won't touch the subject. What I love from this is your excellent cultural and background research (although Kenshin and helping Kaoru's delivery is uncommon at the time since they are male, but it's believably written), classy M rated scene, those innumerable sweet little moments and kisses - i'm surprised and yet SO HAPPY, and your portrayal and role of our beloved best man Hiko Seijuro XIII. It's almost like canon, I swear. Actually, I even believed deep in my heart that THIS is the canon, to the point I compared other fics to this without realizing it. I shouldn't be, really. Love the characters, not OOC, Kenshin's lust for Kaoru is passionately un-battousai-like, which I am glad for - not that I hate battousai, but it's just he needs to get in terms with it esp now when he has Kaoru, Master Hiko is SO on the right track in sensibility, Kaoru is lovable and strong-spirited.

I'm going to end this lengthy review with my favorite sentences from the entire 7 chapters I wish there's a copyright so thay you can get a recognition, it's so damned romantic:
'my body leaves no scar on you'
'...,the one thay made him want to promise her the moon and the star.'
'...the lives that trusted him beyond reason and measure...'

THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU'RE INFINITELY BETTER THAN SEISOUHEN.
storm101 chapter 4 . 1/29
I'm sitting here tearing up because I have so many emotions about Hiko as a father figure and the relationship he has with Kenshin, and just as many about this slow sweet romantic build between Kenshin and Kaoru, and you're just managing all of it so well and I'm a little in love with it. Bless.

Your Kenshin voice is perfect, both incredibly selfless and focused on everyone around him, and quietly self-loathing in a way that settles but doesn't really go away. I love the way you deftly weave in Japanese culture as well. It's sadly not something that's seen often in fic, but I can feel the characters in both their proper place and proper time period. Even better, it feels utterly natural.

Well done. A beautiful tribute to their relationship-and a beautiful, necessary "double middle finger" to Reflections.
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 7 . 1/23
Aaw this was adorable. Thank you so much for sharing! I really enjoyed it :)
Basil Allegri chapter 7 . 12/29/2015
Nice K/K family story. I like the way that you presented the children and their relationships with their parents.
TOSoldtimer chapter 7 . 10/26/2015
Rereading - again. Your take on Kenshin's later life is such an improvement over Reflections. I could never believe that Kenshin would ever infect Kaoru with such a horrible disease - syphillis? leprosy? No way! Your way is so much better. Thanks for giving Kenshin a better future. And by the way, I like the way he ceases to be "this unworthy one" in the last chapter.
Serenity12 chapter 7 . 10/20/2015
Plowed through this and my god, I needed this tonight. Not just because of wanting a better ending than "Reflections", though I've always wanted one, but rather I just personally NEEDED this to help ease me through some muck in my life right now.

It was beautiful. It was perfectly in character every step of the way, and it showed every ache that I needed to see and every piece of contentment that I needed to feel.

Just thank you. A million times thank you 3
Zeppelin Skies chapter 7 . 9/14/2015
This. Was. AMAZING. Death to Reflections as far as I'm concerned.

-E2189
twistedforest chapter 7 . 9/13/2015
So good. The ending I needed. Thank you.
Mizz Loon chapter 7 . 6/9/2015
This was a remarkably good story friend, I have been entranced with the way you write for the past two stories I have read. Thanks and chow!