Reviews for Through Long Days of Labor
troublesomeone chapter 7 . 5/12
Hello! I really need to thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this. See, I get far too attached to characters, particularly my favourite ones, and what with the characters in Rurouni Kenshin being so real, especially them. And then I had the bad judgement to watch the first few minutes of "Reflections"... Let's just say it scarred me - yes I was in tears. And no matter how much my mind tried to forget what I saw, the very possibility of them having a not-so-happy ending, it was something I spent weeks trying to erase. Until I found this, and I need to say, it helped me move on. Because I can picture this as their future, something simple and happy and very very much what they deserve.
Thankyou once more,
Best regards, troublesomeone.
Amiable Loner chapter 7 . 3/18
I've read this a few times now and I still love it every time! This is a beautiful story and in this one's humble opinion, more in line with the manga's overall feel. I love it! You are very talented and I wish you success in all that you do.

P.S.: I absolutely agree with you about Reflections. I lasted about 5 minutes, gave up, read the synopsis, and then had a meltdown. Bleh.
chelszy chapter 7 . 12/23/2016
Well donethat was amazing!definitely the best epliogue for RK I've seen so far
Guest chapter 7 . 12/22/2016
So now I'm crying my eyes out deep in the night...
You just broke my heart, you know?
Because THIS was how it should have ended. Because Kenshin deserved the quiet happiness you gave him. Because - gosh, I can barely see the screen because of the tears - he deserved to have this bond with his son.
I just loved it SO MUCH. I feel so grateful for thid fic. It might be me being stupidly over emotional, but the world just got a bit better after I read this.
There's justice somewhere. There's forgiveness, too. There's hope for humanity.
Isn't it exactly what 'Ruruni Kenshin' teaches us?
Thank you again for being so true to the story and the characters. Thank you for making the ending right.
Listelia
cramosop chapter 6 . 8/31/2016
As I'm not an native english speaker, it makes me sad that I'll not have the words needed to properly thank you. I just want you to know that you've filled a gap that haunted me for over a decade. It may sound silly, but you really made a difference in my life, as Ruroken's story was very importat to me during my childhood. )
Besides that, you truly write very well!
Thank you so much for that.
Mamoro chapter 3 . 8/11/2016
I know that I've left a review before, but it bears saying again; this is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Ever. I've probably read it a dozen times and it is still just. so. damn. good. I'm really sick this week, laid up on the couch and pretty much worthless, and I'm re-reading this again because it makes me happy. Thanks. :)
katsumi0003 chapter 6 . 8/7/2016
The scene in the bath was so sweet. Kenshin was so sweet.
katsumi0003 chapter 7 . 8/6/2016
This was so, so amazing. We should just ignore that stupid seisouhen and read this instead. It was so heartwarming. I love it, really.
katsumi0003 chapter 5 . 8/6/2016
Oh my gosh Kaoru! That was...that was hot. Hahaha.
starfingers chapter 6 . 8/1/2016
You picked out the titles from Leonard Cohen's songs, didn't you? A very good choice, really kudos!
starfingers chapter 7 . 4/24/2016
Rereading this for possibly the 50th time and I can't believe I haven't left any review or any kind of appreciation. I'm so terrible. Perhaps because your story is so engaging, readers could still be engrossed after reading and then forget that little review button.

I'm sure others have reviewed your technical skills in writing so I won't touch the subject. What I love from this is your excellent cultural and background research (although Kenshin and helping Kaoru's delivery is uncommon at the time since they are male, but it's believably written), classy M rated scene, those innumerable sweet little moments and kisses - i'm surprised and yet SO HAPPY, and your portrayal and role of our beloved best man Hiko Seijuro XIII. It's almost like canon, I swear. Actually, I even believed deep in my heart that THIS is the canon, to the point I compared other fics to this without realizing it. I shouldn't be, really. Love the characters, not OOC, Kenshin's lust for Kaoru is passionately un-battousai-like, which I am glad for - not that I hate battousai, but it's just he needs to get in terms with it esp now when he has Kaoru, Master Hiko is SO on the right track in sensibility, Kaoru is lovable and strong-spirited.

I'm going to end this lengthy review with my favorite sentences from the entire 7 chapters I wish there's a copyright so thay you can get a recognition, it's so damned romantic:
'my body leaves no scar on you'
'...,the one thay made him want to promise her the moon and the star.'
'...the lives that trusted him beyond reason and measure...'

THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU'RE INFINITELY BETTER THAN SEISOUHEN.
storm101 chapter 4 . 1/29/2016
I'm sitting here tearing up because I have so many emotions about Hiko as a father figure and the relationship he has with Kenshin, and just as many about this slow sweet romantic build between Kenshin and Kaoru, and you're just managing all of it so well and I'm a little in love with it. Bless.

Your Kenshin voice is perfect, both incredibly selfless and focused on everyone around him, and quietly self-loathing in a way that settles but doesn't really go away. I love the way you deftly weave in Japanese culture as well. It's sadly not something that's seen often in fic, but I can feel the characters in both their proper place and proper time period. Even better, it feels utterly natural.

Well done. A beautiful tribute to their relationship-and a beautiful, necessary "double middle finger" to Reflections.
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 7 . 1/23/2016
Aaw this was adorable. Thank you so much for sharing! I really enjoyed it :)
Basil Allegri chapter 7 . 12/29/2015
Nice K/K family story. I like the way that you presented the children and their relationships with their parents.
TOSoldtimer chapter 7 . 10/26/2015
Rereading - again. Your take on Kenshin's later life is such an improvement over Reflections. I could never believe that Kenshin would ever infect Kaoru with such a horrible disease - syphillis? leprosy? No way! Your way is so much better. Thanks for giving Kenshin a better future. And by the way, I like the way he ceases to be "this unworthy one" in the last chapter.