Reviews for Huntress
Sharrukin chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Hah. I've seen MP rounds like that all too often. One of the things that ME multiplayer simulates very well -if you don't work with the people on the field with you, very bad things are likely to happen.

Solid little vignette. Your characters were all in good voice - the asari ice-cold so long as things were going well, the turians well over into Lawful Stupid territory as is sometimes their way. You caught that moment when everything went pear-shaped very nicely. Prose style was pretty good, I didn't see any errors sufficient to pull me out of the story. Good work, looking forward to more.
Lady Amiee chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Wow KG, This is brilliant. Your description of action is both intense and wonderfully written. I love the prose style you have, it's visceral and painted in a way that I can see everything. I love the fuckem attitude, it just made me growl and get all excited, I really enjoyed it, and couldn't see anything that distracted me from the flow at all. Brilliantly written, great flow and well, I love it. Well done babe.
MassEffectBountyHunter chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Great little story. I really enjoyed it. Being such a short story, character development wasn't huge, but I would like to comment and say you wrote your huntresses as asari and Legion Five as turians. I also like how your wrote you action. It was well paced, held my attention, and made clear sense of what was happening. Perfection. I only wonder if you could have made Lessira's death a little more clear. (She did die right?) Lastly, I'd like to say you ended the story well too! "Fuck em. They wouldn't listen. Fuck em." Somebody in Merina's state of panic would totally repeat things, I love how you captured that. Again, great little story!
Unsc .a.i ctn15569 Sherman chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
could I play mp with you myy xbox name is shotbywolf100 I haea cabal vangaured and most of the n7s
Rockycombo chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Unfortunately, I've experience similar events in my multiplayer escapades. My reaction is always fairly similar to Merina's at the end, there. You captured the satirical mood well, and this would have been entertaining to read even without that reference. Nice job!
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Great action story. This is what action ME stories should be like. Great writing.
thebluninja chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Nice one. I confess I have played exactly zero MP rounds, uninterested as I usually am in online gaming, even if it is co-op. Your story makes me almost reconsider it.
Full-Paragon chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Not every battle ends in victory. But the turians held the line as long as they could. Good stuff.
LegionN7 chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Hehehe. Campings for snipers. Theyre fools and the Reapers ate them! Very well written, the morale shifts were very tangible.
Inkess chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
You really captured a moment in the chaos that is the Reaper War. The tenacity of the Reapers, the turians being their stubborn selves, and the asari and their sneaky fighting tactics. The banshee's scream made MY blood freeze (I hate when they do it in the game). Well done!
Aeternix chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Wow. That was... Wow. Really good descriptions if the events and what was going on. That ending though. Brilliant, I loved that ending to bits, completely summed up the Reaper War in a single line "Fuck 'em". You bring a lot of humanity (even though they aren't human) to the battlefield and these soldiers. You don't make them macho characters who aren't afraid of death. There's fear, really fear on that battlefield and I forgot to breath at some points in the conflict.
The only grip (its really a nitpick and I do it to fics that are all but perfect) is that you call the asari reaper "Banshee" even though she doesn't know what it is. Is that the term the asari came up with on the spot? It's a small thing that really doesn't matter, but interesting to point out.
The characterization was good for how short is was. I would've liked to see more of these characters, but that's what you were trying to accomplish. This is war and names are all you got left. The death of asari sniper was a gut punch and really made me hurt. Good job on the bond between those two asari.
Action? What can I say but stunning. Visceral is a word I like to use to describe how action should be and your descriptions were extremely visceral.
Brilliant job on the one-shot.
Osage chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
*speechless*
Wow! It felt like we were right there with them! You seriously have a knack for engaging description. I mean just wow. Everything from the Banshee's scream to the round taking out the ravager in slow motion was just epic. I will seriously be using your writing as an action reference. Well done!
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Wow, not bad. I almost fell off my seat when I saw this listing in my email. ) I wondered if you'd use some of that angst from MP and start writing. Nicely done!
M.B.Liddle chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Solid short fic. I especially liked how you were able to grasp both the military feel and lingo while staying true to the slightly non-professional nature of the huntresses. Good pacing and action. The only mistake I spotted was the use of a double negative. (I don't think we CAN'T hold this position.)
shadowjohn 101 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
wow that was really awesome, hope you bring more multiplayer fics like those.