Reviews for You must be Joking
Dalwyn chapter 1 . 2/6
Fun little story. I love the opening scene - more than a few fics have taken a swing at this event, and this is among the better, or at least more amusing, renditions.

The rest of the story doesn't quite measure up to the beginning, more because the opening is so good than because it really fails. But the acceptance of some kind of bond between the girls and Harry was a little too smooth, both amongst the girls themselves but also with their guardians who are present. And I'm not sure such a petulant Dumbledore, as we see in the closing scene, works for me.

An intriguing little point wasn't developed much, that the prophecy didn't replace itself. From the prose it isn't completely clear if the characters noticed. Certainly they didn't discuss it after the fact - and such discussion could be fun as it considered Fumblemore's potential motivations for registering a false prophecy, whether there was even a true prophecy, and whether this combined with the theft from Potter vaults could all be an attempt to destroy the Potter line. The characters discussed the possibility of a false prophecy in advance of listening - that they then didn't look at the shelf to check is improbable - truth or fiction would seem to be extremely interesting in itself for its implications to Harry, not to mention the grievance against DumbAsADoor already mentioned. So where is the discussion that would necessarily follow?

Good little read. Thanks for writing.
Bronze chapter 1 . 12/30/2016
It's not really surprising the Bumblemore would fight any changr to HIS world view. I really enjoyed this story as well as the others of yours I've read. Thanks for posting them.
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
cool
MrBogus chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
A nice lil story you have here. Of course it is lots of HP cliche, but it's nice to read and not too bad from the story point of view. Itdefinately deserves recieving a review
ElementalMaster16 chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
interesting one-shot. would've been fun to see more of the multi-relationship instead of them being there for no real reason other than because it ties the founders heirs together nicely...
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
Interesting story if a bit out there, lol. Thanks for sharing your work!
desireejones99 chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Very entertaining
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
Great story. But in my opinion, you should have had Dumbledore executed or something of that ilk.
taxzombie chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
Nice little one shot. Wouldn't have mind at all if you expanded it.

A satisfying read. Thank you.
Ariadne Venegas chapter 1 . 6/27/2015
I really like it!
Specky Clarke chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
I have just read all of your stories from the oldest to the newest. ALL are great stories, easy to read and interesting. You have a good grip of the British weather, mind you, you would have being British. Most American authors have no idea what it's like here and portray what the weather is like where they are. They also have our British characters eating American food and having American cars, driving at 16 when you have to be 17 to get a provisional licence. Sorry about the rant. I am dismayed that you seem to have stopped writing, your last story being in 2013. I hope you can start again.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
Finally someone has exercised some intelligence and prevented DumDum from using Fawkes to escape. It's about time!

Aw, rats! I wanted to see Ron's reaction to Harry's new status. He probably thinks some of the girls and the money should be his ... right? What a nincompoop!
old-crow chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
Hi,

Reading a new story from you is always the highlight of my day. Thanks!

All the best,

Old-Crow
rdg2000 chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
It's been a long time since I've read one of your stories, but I must say I enjoyed this quite a bit. I do question just how Minerva was able to pick the EXACT three other girls from Hogwarts that would end up being a consort. Yes, I know you explain the different positions each of their parents represent, but why just one Patel? I know the quick (and most likely correct answer is because it's YOUR story and that's the way it's going to be).

I normally don't read stories shorter than 20,000 words, but this was worth it.

Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us.

rdgale
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
No surprise that Bumblemore would be behind a lot of the trouble in magical Britian and tjhe school. I didn't find a lot of humor in this stoey but it was still damn good. Finding the ORIGINAL charter for Hogwarts would probably solve a lot of Harry's problems. Not only with the school but with that old fart as well. With Voldie gone and his followers with him, that means that all that Malfoy gold can no longer buy them anything. Then there's the little that Draco's now a muggle and daddy's dead. And as daddy ONLY had ONE child the Malfoy line is just as dead as daddy. What a wonderfully uplifting ending to a story. Couldn't happen to a nicer family.