Reviews for The Pull of Heart and Tide
RatherFabulous chapter 2 . 2/13
Mark it slash, please.
I don't mind, personally (my brother's partner of nearly 30 years is as much a part of the family as any other in-law), but I'd like to have known this story is NOT, in fact, at all, Harry Potter hurt/comfort, (because, frankly, that part was so negligible as to be irrelevant) but !~ALL ABOUT TEH PAIRING~! Squeeeeeee!
What was even the POINT of giving "BarelyHarry" magic? Oh yeah, so they could do their Romeo/Juliet thing...and that. Was. IT.

You may see this as a bit of a "flame", but I don't feel that it is. I don't actually care that it's unmarked slash, but more that it seems incredibly selfish to ask an essentially 18 (21?) year old, still in love with life and all of the wonders of living, to "sail away" from the rest of his mortal story. Legolas was desperate to go and he'd lived, he'd adventured, he'd experienced life, but your (erstwhile) 2nd lead , BarelyHarry, had hardly scratched the surface of mortal life, he did not want leave Thranduil to his grief, he was not ready to go, really. And yet he went, for love. Love. But not love for everyone.

Poor, POOR Thranduil. Among he Elves, he will inspire a new song of lament. Luthien now has competition. The story of Thranduil, who lost his traumatized wife to the undying lands and then his only children, his last hope for his people in Middle Earth, everything that is most deeply meaningful to him, his last anchor for HIMSELF...the grief...Good lord.
As a parent, such grief is unbearable...you NEVER get over it. Never.
How long, do you suppose, will Thranduil stick it out before his grief impels him to abandon his community and he leaves them too? Doesn't matter, really, if it's what he wants, right?

But hey, "true lurve". Nothing else matters. Nothing. NOTHING. Certainly not the gaping hole you leave behind.
Manager chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
Your time skips don't make much sense, you said that the elves guessed that Harry was several months old when he came, and you continued using human measurements of time throughout your fic. Whilst I enjoyed it, it was a weirded that while i imagined legolas and Harry kissing, Harry was a child. Because even at 30 or forty or so, an Elf would still be considered practically a baby. Since they don't see time as humans do, and don't age the same way.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 2 . 10/4/2015
I really hated the scene where they ran away from Mirkwood, and their departure was so sad. But the moment when Legolas finally proposed was wonderful!
Fallow51 chapter 3 . 5/18/2015
Kudos :)
Angel SilverWinter chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Good story
OrleaKingslea chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Wow. There's not really any other way to say it. Wow. This was beautiful, and breathaking, although I struggled to place harry in the role of Haerelion, but I guess that's the point. It was brilliant. I can't wait to move on to the next in the series.
Boogalee99 chapter 3 . 7/12/2014
Hey! Me again! So, I decided to try this series, and I was not disappointed! Can't wait to read the next installment!
MoonPrincess623 chapter 2 . 3/18/2014
Cute.
JulianneL chapter 2 . 1/18/2014
I love it! But it's so sad that Legolas totally manipulates Haerelion into going with him in that one section. He's got such a big heart; if it were me, I'm sure I would be bitter for the rest of my life at Legolas for persuading me to go.
Lazuli chapter 2 . 1/14/2014
That was beautifully written. You managed to convey the sadness and happyness, the longing for two places.
1sunfun chapter 2 . 12/8/2013
Nice story.
1sunfun
Dragonb8 chapter 3 . 8/21/2013
Larisya chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo...

I keep reading these and re-reading these, all your crossovers, and they're every bit as captivating each successive time. Beautiful. Lovely. Just, enthralling. Every time. I love them. I adore your style. It draws me in and doesn't let go. I just sort of laugh or giggle a tad hysterically, or randomly race around the house, or just cry. Silently, just tears. I can't even describe... They are perfect. Completely and utterly perfect. Er lú cuilessë, antan vandanya.

Hantanyel, herinya. Nírë tulë i lumessë autielyo.
Artë Manwathiel Eruwaedhiel Silmānaenim Beriothieniel
Vicki219 chapter 2 . 5/31/2013
Really cool story although it's a shame we didn't get to see them reach Valinor and meeting up with Gandalf, Frodo etc...
iwishedforyouandyoucame chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »