Reviews for Hannibal Heyes Goes to New York
Silverkelpie chapter 25 . 2/11/2013
I'm so glad you sent me the link to this. I've been avidly reading one chapter after another, and you've left this on a really bittersweet cliffhanger. I'm glad I came late to the party because the episodes are sitting waiting for me. Reading on...
NoName chapter 25 . 1/28/2013
Since you've been asking for it - Hello from Germany! I think your story gives a good impression of life in NY and about that timespan in general. I like the storyline in general, although (or maybe because) it is quite different from most of the other stories - the boys separated, the setting (mostly) in NY. Still, I would love to see Kid save the day in NY - a showdown on Broadway or something like that would be fun.

I was also very impressed how you managed to publish a chapter every day. It is so MEAN of writers to start a story, build up the tension - and leave us poor, poor readers craving for more for weeks or even months... So, keep up the good work!
Penski chapter 25 . 1/28/2013
Love this talk between Heyes and the Kid! I can see Kid wanting to know as much as he can about what his partner is doing in NYC. Interesting how Heyes brings up the police, but not the vicious gangs, comparing them to the West's outlaw gangs. And what a cliffhanger ending!

Darn, I loved coming home to a new chapter every night. sigh... Will be thrilled when they do post, though.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 25 . 1/27/2013
Oh no-you're ending on a cliffhanger! I sure do want to know what happens next; there are lots of open plot points that need to be resolved. I hope you are able to start posting the next story in the not-too-distant future.
laf1024 chapter 25 . 1/27/2013
Oh Helen, you literary genius you; you are making me tear my hair out of my head; what an amazing cliffhanger to leave this, too marvelous for words series at. If this is the end of Hannibal Heyes goes to New York; then i cannot wait to read more in the next segment "Two Degrees of Separation". I understand it won't come as fast as this did, due to your other work but i will be checking every day just so i won't miss one exciting chapter the minute it comes out. Thank you again for sharing this tale
Penski chapter 24 . 1/27/2013
I had a feeling Heyes was going to stay in New York. Feel the same as someone else who commented about it being bitter sweet. I can see him doing that, but hate seeing the boys separated. Curry has no one really watching his back and is in an area where he will be more visible. Looking forward to see where this adventure you're taking us on leads.
jillmaccartney chapter 24 . 1/26/2013
Bitter sweet chapter. I hate to think of the guys apart, but I realize Heyes needs more right now and only New york can give him that. I think Kid needs to go visit and see why Heyes needs this, and to show him support. Although, those two may get into trouble *lol*.
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 24 . 1/26/2013
I had a feeling there was some opportunity Heyes was offered, and what a wonderful opportunity it is for him. The partners are living "as if" they were average men and moving on with their lives. I hope they both are able to realize their dreams.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 24 . 1/26/2013
Just read Chapters 18 - 24. I'm really enjoying the sections about Heyes in New York, especially the part about going out to the end of Long Island, since my family used to live there. The whole idea of Heyes getting a college degree is great and I look forward to reading about how that goes. I'm also wondering if Beth Warren is falling for Heyes or if anything more will come of their relationship. As for this line, "Would anyone read the fictionalized tales about Heyes and the Kid and believe them?" - the answer is, of course: YES!
InsideOutlaw chapter 24 . 1/26/2013
I had a feeling this was going to happen. Heyes has definitely regained his confidence but seems to have lost his arrogance along the way or is that just because he's embarking on a completely different path? Looking forward to more.
Friscogirl chapter 23 . 1/26/2013
What a touching Christmas you depicted! I too am burning up with curiosity to know Heyes' secret...though I agree, I doubt he's in love with Cat.

I have a suspicion...can't wait to read the next installment. Thanks for updating so regularly; it's truly appreciated!
laf1024 chapter 24 . 1/26/2013
I knew it; i knew it; i knew it; i knew Heyes was going to stay in New York (at least for now). But at least it is for a good cause he wants to continue his education - he wants to go to college. His ambitions have come a long way from his days of leading the Devils hole gang. Sure it's sad that he doesn't want to come home to Kid and Cat now, but he didn't say he wanted to be away from them forever; he said he would be back home when he was done. Heyes sees that door of oppertunity open to him and he wants to explore it; if only he and Kid can get the amnesty he can do so with a clear mind.
laf1024 chapter 23 . 1/26/2013
Such a beautiful and touching Christmas morning for Heyes,Kid and Cat. And it has been such a long time for either of the boys to enjoy a real family Christmas again especially since last one they were seperated. But their opening gifts, the decorations and smells of cooking and the christmas songs they sang gave them all a warm tear filled day, ( beautifully done Helen). And Heyes seems to be keeping something but i don't think it is what Cat or the Kid is thinking because Heyes wouldn't do any crimes to hurt himself or especially any of the people it would hurt like Kid and Cat as well as Dr. Leutze, Beth or Jim. And he may be lonely for love but Heyes knows that Cat loves Jed and not him in that way, so he would not interfer with that. Plus the story of the old german couple was so beautiful, it was sweet of you to include them in your story.
InsideOutlaw chapter 23 . 1/26/2013
The first paragraph was excellent. When you mentioned the lonely drifters, I immediately thought about what the boys would be feeling having been those drifters for so long and, now finally having a real home. Very thoughtful Christmas gifts, too.

The story about the old couple brought tears to my eyes and then to know it is real! Great writing, Helen.
Penski chapter 23 . 1/25/2013
What a sweet personal touch adding the sidenote about the old German couple - I love Stille Nacht! I'm thinking Heyes has something else in mind than what Cat and the Kid think.