Reviews for Welcome to Hertfordshire, Mr Hastings
miriamktr chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Sounds like fun! I love when some jealously thrown in makes Darcy well Jealous! cant wait to read some more!
TheChocoholicOfAusten chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Loved it! Just LOVED it! I could completely picture his face when seeing the drawings!
NYT chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Wow, what a mean friend! Going through that sketchbook is like reading the man's diary. And now Hastings has awakened the sleeping bear!
YepItsMe chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
I love this! I like when Darcy has a talent like drawing or playing an instrument. Also I'm glad to see it isn't just young damsels who get ill from being rained on! lol

Hastings could be a real rival for Darcy, which can be fun, but I'm glad he knows about Darcy and wants to help and hopefully tease him a lot.
ILoveCherryLimeade chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
This was the best chapter yet! I love this Hastings character! He is going to be a lovely addition to the original P&P. which I am positive this nothing to much like it but if it I will love it any ways. I really hope have another chapter to read soon! I'm supper excited!
LBug chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Oh wow. I was a bit disappointed at the beginning of the chapter when Hastings didn't recognize Darcy's symptoms of love but boy those sketches leave nothing to doubt. Your choice of sketches were fabulous as were your descriptions. It showed the evolution of his feelings towards her and they were so poignant.

I also really liked Hastings pointing out the error of Lizzy's reasoning about the staring and the part about Darcy hiding behind the door. I guess it's a bit non-regency for men and women to have these kinds of discussions but it totally works within the framework of your story. Great chapter and thank you for the "previously..."
juliabrandi chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Hahahaha, I love Mr. Hastings! He actually reminds me a bit of Mr. Frank Churchill, from Emma.
I'm enjoying your story very much, it is interesting and funny. Thanks for writting it!

Looking forward to more chapters :)
barnabus67 chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Yes do explain Mr. Darcy...so do you have more today...i am eagerly awaiting.
Keg chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Just found your story. Charming. Looking forward to more. It's always nice to see Darcy jealous to the point of acting on his heart's desire.
Hobo Pixie Cow chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
This chapter was soooo much fun. I can't wait to see how Hastings takes the situation under control.
Austione chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Fun story and well done. I was expecting Hastings to keep his mouth shut and continue attention to Elizabeth to make Darcy act out of jealousy...but looks like he may be confronting him? Interesting that Darcy is acknowledging his feelings (to himself) rather than suppressing them, even if he has not yet acted on them. Please continue frequent updates as much as you are able. Thanks for writing!
LotsOfLaundry chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Oh, yes, this was a most satisfying chapter! Well, school doesn't start until Monday - you can crank another wonderful chapter out, I just know it! I mean, just what is important here - getting ready for school or Hastings making Darcy come clean about Elizabeth? Come on - we can't leave him laying in bed with Hastings hoovering over him - can we? LOL - what fun! L.
Astonishment chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Darcy's sketchbook? What a brilliant idea! But I'm surprised Hastings wants to help Darcy - he would have been a perfect rival. But very pleased with your story's progress.
violetdelirium chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Poor Darcy. He never expected to have anyone see his drawings, I'm sure. I'm sure that Hastings has a history of invading his privacy though. Not maliciously, to be sure, otherwise they wouldn't still be friends.

I love Hastings though. He seems to be a Col Fitzwilliam type of character.
Adriana Florenze chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Really enjoying this story so far! I love me some jealous Darcy :P And I particularly liked the sequence of sketches :)
539 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 .. Last Next »