Reviews for An Unconventional Affair
Eight7Seven chapter 5 . 2/13
I've never been a fan of Ron Weasley and this confident version of him was so aggravatingly! While I hated how enticing Hermione found him, I'm excited to see how their interactions will progress. I believe Harry Potter is 17, Hermione Granger is 25/26, Ginny Weasley is 27/28 and Tom Riddle is in his mid 40's. This timeline is fascinating and I hope to get to discover how these changes effect your characters if you decide to return to this story down the line.
Eight7Seven chapter 3 . 2/13
I normally don't review until I reach the final posted chapter, but I'm enjoying this so much that I couldn't help my self. I almost reviewed after your amazing prologue, but was able to contain myself. I've never imagined a story where Harry has this severe a mental disorder and you've delivered a crystal clear picture here. I found the confrontation at the end of this chapter immensely satisfying and I'm excited to see how their dynamic progresses. I'm also loving discovering things about this universe, like how Harry and Lavender are still year mates but Hermione was a student of Hagrids/Remus. If Hermione went to school earlier but the timeline stayed consistent then she wouldn't have been in either of their classes. If Harry was the one born out of time then Lavender shouldn't be there. It seems like you've created a completely unique timeline and I find that thrilling.

I ran out of stories on my to read list and decided to go back over my list of favorited authors. Loneliness and it's sequel Steps Towards Something are two iof my all time favorite stories but im unsure if I've read any of your other works. Judging by this I think I've done myself a great disservice which I plan on correcting in the coming days.
Attack of Zach chapter 5 . 12/14/2016
This didn't take much to draw me in. I'm hoping you'll continue it more.
starlite22 chapter 5 . 1/28/2015
I'm rather confused that everyone is a different age, and yet Hermione knows know one but Remus yet they all went to Hogworts? Or did Ron and Ginny go to different schools please help as I wanted read more of this if you update.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/17/2014
what the heck kind of story is that harry is a special boy who is what sasuke now or something because he can do better in class he can insult anybody and what you going to make hermione like sakura. Thank you very much for not continuing this story
Guest chapter 5 . 6/30/2014
I really hope you continue this, I have rarely found any Harry/Hermione stories that interest me like this. Bookmarked.
Kingnick chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
Looks Promising!
PurpleShipper chapter 5 . 8/26/2013
How old is Hermione? And is this HP/HG? Ron is so cocky!
WrittinInStone chapter 5 . 6/11/2013
I'm very happy to see a fic like this, one that I assume is going to be student/teacher between Harry and Hermione?

YES! Been waiting for something like this. Can't wait for you to update.
thebetawholived chapter 5 . 5/27/2013
Very interesting start to your story - looking forward to more.
Someone chapter 5 . 4/6/2013
There are some issues with this chapter. The worst of these is Ronald Weasley. If your goal was to renew my waning hatred for him, then congratulations: Mission Accomplished. The weirdest thing is that this Ron inspires more hatred than cannon Ron: a feat that is almost impossible.

What makes it even worse is the way he was shoehorned in here. I mean let's stop and think about this: Ginny Weasley is the revolutionary editor of the Daily Prophet, fine I can buy that (even though it would take years to get the editorship and decades to clean house enough to get it independent of Ministry oversight).

You have Ginny interview Hermione, a new professor a Hogwarts, I'm sorry, but no. Ginny is the editor in chief. She doesn't do interviews. She orders her reporters to do interviews for her. The fact that the interview is obviously only a tool used by you to force an interaction between Hermione and your brand of Ronald, douchebag version 2.0, turns what would have been a moment of confusion on part of your readers into a "da fuck did I just read" moment. It only gets worse when Ron-supposedly just finishing visiting with his sister-basically sexually assaults Hermione-someone whom his sister is meeting with on a professional level-and my 'da fuck' confusion transforms into a previously undiscovered form of WTF confusion (I think I'll call it: What in nine levels of fuckery is this'. I've interacted with a few casanova types and even they knew you don't fuck around with family's business associates. Oh, they can pursue them: that's fine. But ass tapping at the first meeting is right out.

That fact that all these minor issues come together so perfectly in a single moment of bizarre surrealism is probably coincidence, but if you planned it that way, I would then assert that you are a vicious human that warps fantasy to satisfy your sick, mischievous urges.

I'll probably keep reading, simply because Professor!Hermione is fun, but...I don't know if I'll enjoy reading it because lurking in the background are the weasleys and their mind bending surrealism.
Slytherin's Pimp chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Ok, how far will Hermione and Ron's relationship go and when will Draco start the plan to kill Ginny?
Guest chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
bland and slow not an entrapping read, i feel like i just wasted the last 30 minutes of my life reading this
1529 chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Why did Ron have to enter the situation? Lets say that this chapter almost had me abandoning this story... and it is on a very thin balance.
Smithback chapter 5 . 4/5/2013