Reviews for Five Minutes
Eduardiana chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
I loved this. So touching.

"As if we haven't noticed the way her perfume was fading from the bathroom and her bedroom and the car. Or the fact that Em and I now have to rely on alarm clocks each morning to make it to school on time." I love it because it shows her age and the fact that her mom recently passed away.

"She did do my hair for me today, though. She brushed it up into a ponytail on the side of my head. She says it's cool, but it makes me feel off-balance, like my head wants to tilt to the side after a while." This one made me smile.

"To imagine that they know what it's like, standing over dirt and grass, missing familiar perfume and soft hands and the kisses that you regret wiping off your cheeks." So sad.

This one was my favourite "I wander in and out of the rows, all laid so neatly, like death isn't messy, like it can be ordered and sequenced, like it doesn't spin the whole world into chaos."

"I need you to show me how to sort laundry so I don't send all Dad's undies pink again. And I … I shouldn't have to look at Dad's undies, ever. It's not fair." I laughed when I read this, but it's so sad and like Bella said so unfair.

"I'm so sorry, Mom. I'm sorry I'm forgetting you. I don't—I don't know how to remember you. I don't know what you'd say about stuff now, you know?" I liked it because it was honest and also liked when she was trying to think of things that could reconnect her with her mom.

I loved how her thoughts reflected the passage of time. She had to grow up so fast that I think she is going to do fine as a mother.

Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing!
LMBB chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I realize I have PMS right now but that was so, so sad. I can't imagine losing your mom at such an early age. Really any age. I need a tissue.
Kitty Bad chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Love this story. Definitely one of my favorites in this contest.
evilnat chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
That was excellent. Really touching and well done.

I liked it a lot.

Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Well rounded and with great structure. Achingly fortuitous, no? thank you
TrulyOutrageous chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Love this!
PAWsPeaches chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
HOW PRECIOUS IS THIS STORY? It's honestly heart-wrenching at first but after she meets Edward there, and every year after, it's easier and just so sweet.

And did I mention SO WELL WRITTEN?

I love how you formatted this story into yearly visits to her mom but gave us all the details we needed from the passing time in each visit, really cool.

AND THEY HAD A BABY! Just lovely.
S1203 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Heartbreaking...and hopefull.
katiej1 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Loved the evolution of their love through the decade.
Nicffwhisperer chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Love the sweetness of this.
JenRar chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
God, this was heartbreaking! Really amazing, though. *sob*
Dolly.Reader chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Such a bittersweet story. How they found one another and wove their own tale, you gave us so much in those 5 minute increments.

For all the sad moments, I was so pleased with the ending.

Cabrad chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Aawww..pouty lip. So sad, so tragic, so beautiful.
FictionFreak95 chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
CRYING. omg. this was so sweet and sour at the same time. So good. Loved the time jumps and how it all played out and just makes my heart hurt so good. Thanks for posting! xoxoxoxo
Lik It Like This chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Freakin epic story. I love the whole setup, storyline, the characters...everything!