Reviews for White Wine In The Sun
Really nice, nice and emotional! Enjoyed reading this! Bye
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Aw
miss-tarletone chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Very sweet and sentimental. I like the symbolism of Donna and Harvey using the glasses intended for Mike's parents, almost as if they were his second set of parents.
dragondreamingsprout chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Goodness, you actually made me cry - and I'm not surprised because every time I see Tim Minchin sing this I tear up (and I've seen it a lot ) - always thought it was a wonderful way to end a routine, make your audience cry :D, but then he's always so damn vulnerable through and after it isnt he? Good ol' Tim :D

Such a beautiful fic, very sad but very honest and I can imagine the two of them doing that for Mike. (And Harvey diving in headfirst with the glasses and Donna having to point it out... silly Harvey)

And of course Nick has a twitter page... why am I not surprised... hahaha :D
AnElegantHedgehog chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Beautiful fic :) I love Tim Minchin got Jesus Christ superstar DVD for christmas he was brill in it. Great story and a merry very late Christmas ! 3
Jellicle chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
You made me cry - again! That was so touching!
I still haven't read the lateat chapter of Lessons but I'll do it soon. Amd I want to write you about the Christmas special :)
Happy New Year!
CaribbeanTrinidadian chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
awe... the puppy is happy that's all that matters, please update soon again!
Jennifer chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Ok so rae7788 pretty much said EVERYTHING I WANTED TO SAY. So yeah. And this fic is FLAWLESS.
rae7788 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Ooohh, Ellie, this was beautiful and lovely and terribly painful all at once…I really loved it :D And it was a nice little surprise to see you’d posted something on what was a relatively boring evening for me. Great song choice too by the way— all in all, I’d give this 11 stars out of 10!

First of all, awwwwww at poor little Mikey and his formerly happy family. I guess I never really thought about the fact that Mike probably has cousins and aunts and uncles out there somewhere. Or family friends and stuff. And that the reason he probably doesn’t talk to them is because it’s too hard to hang out with them without his parents. Or maybe they’re assholes. I don’t know, but either way: awwwww poor Mike!

“What Mike loved most about these parties was that he never had to go to bed halfway through, when it was still early.” Hahah I can totally picture a little Mike in his pj’s sitting at the top of the stairs and creeping on the party until his parents gave in and let him come back down and toast with them. Except now it’s so weird to picture a little Mike that doesn’t have a Harvey for a father! What have you done to my perceptions of Mike's character?! Lmao

“His Mom laughed and said that one day they would all go on vacation and could quaff from
expensive, crystal glasses by some sparkling pool of water on a remote island. They never did.” Oh. OUCH.

“The year they died, 11 year old Mike had bought them a pair of crystal wine glasses. He had saved up for a solid two years, doing extra jobs around the house and having his Grammy sometimes slip him a few extra bills here and there.” OH THAT’S OKAY JUST TWIST THE KNIFE IN MY HEART A LITTLE MORE, EL. IT’S NOT LIKE THAT’S A VITAL ORGAN OR ANYTHING. Jesus, it’s no wonder Mike wound up smoking lots of pot and getting kicked out of college. The world is so unfair to him, poor guy D:

“This year, he knew would be even worse. Grammy had passed away, joining his parents and the rest of his grandparents somewhere he couldn't follow. Well, he could. If he wanted to.” NO YOU CAN’T MIKE BECAUSE HARVEY AND DONNA LOVE YOU AND NEED YOU AND YOU CAN’T JOIN YOUR PARENTS TIL YOU’RE OLD AND GRAY, OKAY? UNDERSTOOD?

See, look, I know Harvey loves you because he’s worried that you’re all pale and silent about Christmas and now’s he’s stooped to eavesdropping on associates because he wants to make sure you’re okay! (I don’t know why I’m addressing Mike and not you right now, sorry. Throw me in a Canadian mental health hospital, I guess XD)

Awww and now Mike’s all alone on Christmas Eve and he’s crying D: But then there’s a knock at the door and it’s obviously Harvey and Donna, come to take care of their little puppy :D

“But that was the thing. They weren't just anyone. When he thought about it, they were probably his closest friends.” Aawwwww once again, just awwwwww because they're all the best of friends :D

"Mike?" He said - surprising Donna with how gentle he sounded. "You want me to use some different glasses?" I can actually picture the exact expression on Harvey’s face as he would be saying this, and I. am. dying.

Lol their toasting is so in-character, it’s great. This makes me want a Christmas episode in canon really badly. One day when you’re a suits writer….

“He felt safe - for the first time in a while, and it was true - he would at some point be toasting with his parents again. But until that day, he felt fine toasting to them with the rest of his family.” I love you. And this. And I’m sorry that I literally just quoted half the story in this review. And that I "awwwwww-ed" so much. But it was really beautiful and heart-wrenching and bittersweet but happy at the same time too. Good job, man. Good job.
Lovely Rain Dancer chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
... This was just... Poor mike... But at the same time.. I just aww'ed for the perfection that are Harvey and Donna.
iheartlife chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Love this! Thanks!
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This was a great story! I loved how sweet it was. Thanks for sharing!
Angusina chapter 1 . 1/5/2013